Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 27th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
*J4J runs to SD's website to see if they will have a chance to crush the pack this year...*

Nope, the pack are saved from a gauranteed loss.
I guess we'll have to kick the Charger's a$$ in the Super Bowl.

Quote:
The grass still grows, the wind still blows and the sky is still blue.
Little Big Man?

You'll need to fight him for it...

'till they meet in the superbowl then!
*punches cookie monster in the face and get cookie*

Assuming you'll get there.
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:01 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:
I think us Pats fans can finally admit that our defense sucks. It hasn't been great the past couple seasons, but at least we were all blinded by previous succes.

Now, with the most recent Super Bowl championship far enough back to forget (sort of, you never actually forget) and giving up 30 points to the happless Bills at home is simply atrocious.

The Pats are going to have a tough time this year once they go up against some of the big offenseive powers.

nyys, not knowing enough about football to make any predictions, but does see the writing on the wall.
Yep, the offense is going to have to carry the Pats this year if they want to accomplish anything and we saw just what can happen when they run into a good defense (see Jets game). The Pats are in the era now where as long as they have Brady/Belichek they will be competitive and win more than they lose, but until they upgrade their defense they won't be the type of championship contender that we got used to for that wonderful stretch (01-07)
I actually do think that the Pats have some good pieces on D, just not nearly enough of them.
I think the lack of experience is really hurting them now. There's no veteran presence, or at least not and obvious one. Even the uneducated fan (like me) could see how guys like Bruschii, Vrable, and Harrison led by example, there's none of that now.

Also, 7 years of getting a 1st round pick in the 20-25 range doesn't help either.

nyys, rooting against the Raiders this year.
What we have to hope for as Pats fans is that some of the young talent turns into those types of players/leaders. I really like some of the young d guys. Chung, Merriweather, Mayo and Spikes all look like players and Wilfork on the D line is a stud. The goal I think is going to be for those guys to get good quick enough to take a couple more shots at a championship before Brady is done.
The good news is the Raiders stink once again and we could easily be looking at a top 5 pick, but knowing the way Belichek operates he will probably trade it for a bunch of second round picks and some teams #1 in 2020.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:10 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Whatever Abom... *shun*

I think I will be rooting for
Old September 27th, 2010, 11:07 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The good news is the Raiders stink once again and we could easily be looking at a top 5 pick, but knowing the way Belichek operates he will probably trade it for a bunch of second round picks and some teams #1 in 2020.
...or maybe he'll trade it for even more 3rd round picks.

I think hiring a couple of coordinators could help as well.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

*groan* Horrible game on the Packers' defense and special teams. The Packers D held them to 1 TD, but they continually killed us with calls that could've and should've been avoided.

I like the punter, but for us to be a great team, we need to clean up the penalties, the Special Teams problems, and we need a solid RB, for sure.

We deserved to lose this one...
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:12 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
...or maybe he'll trade it for even more 3rd round picks.

I think hiring a couple of coordinators could help as well.
Yeah, coordinators would be helpful. I am not sure if it is just his ego getting in the way there, or if he is tired of them leaving to coach other teams.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Just gotta give a big Woo Hoo to the McNeil/Jackson less Chargers!

P.S. The Chiefs game was a fluke!
As was the Seattle game? Gotta say one thing, Chargers have simply awesome special teams.

After a good Sunday I'm surprised that nobody has said anything. My grandpa is really happy with the Chiefs. They win a game, and everyone else in the division lost.

Also, I'm finding it pretty funny all the hype that the 49ers had, and then they fall flat on their faces, pummeled by Seahawks and Chiefs. Definately not going to the playoffs with the way they're playing...
Yeah, the Chargers special teams is agonizing to watch. SanDiego is 3 - 0 if they just play mediocre. Offense needs to gel a bit more nad the defense is keeping them in games.

I still say Chiefs are a fluke and the Seahawks got off easy. This is how SanDiego starts their seasons though. Remember last year? I know Denver does!
Pfft! Yeah, San Diego tried to roll up into Arrowhead playing mediocre, and got sent back to sunny So-Cal with their tails wet between their legs. Mediocre won't cut it princess. Step yo' game up! They better find a running game, or precious Rivers won't be able to hang when the real bad weather hits. I was at that Monday Night game. The Chargers were better, the Chiefs were tougher. The Chiefs will improve as the year goes on, but it's hard to teach tough with good ol' Norv Nice Guy Turner out in Disneyland.
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:00 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Nah, the Chargers don't need a running game. Keep Rivers throwing, my fantasy team will thank him.

Old September 28th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fantasy aside... EVERYBODY needs a running game.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:40 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, I can't stand to have Rivers or any Raiders players on my Fantasy team. I haven't reached the point (and refuse to), where I care more about my Fantasy team than the team I rooted for growing up.

And they definitely need a run game. I actually think starting their rookie RB (and his fumble and inability to perform under the high pressure), was a large reason why they lost that opening game.
Old September 28th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
Fantasy aside... EVERYBODY needs a running game.
Which is why I think the Packers should definately bring back Ahman Green or get a rookie RB. Jackson has not impressed. Rodgers is awesome, but he was continually put in 2nd and 3rd downs that were very long...
Old September 28th, 2010, 02:05 PM

I actually loathe Philip Rivers, I think he's a punk, but as you say, I'm not so big a hater that I will have my Fantasy team suffer.

Fantasy baseball on the other hand... guess which team's players never occupy rosters spots for me?

--

I actually semi rooted for the Raiders years ago when I needed someone to root for other than the hapless Patriots. This year especially though, I want the Raiders in the tank... the Pats have their 2011 #1 pick.

They definitely need a running game, and some defense, special teams, some...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV