Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:14 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just So You Know

I like the theme of Rising Tide and the mechanics, but I'm worried it can be used to devastating effect to slow down an opponent's army.

~Dysole, in her lifeboat
Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:19 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Ocean Master (Design Phase)

Would it help if Rising Tide were an end-of-the-round thing rather than an 'instead of taking a turn' thing? Obviously that reduces what you need to invest in it, but it also keeps him from being able to bring the ocean too high too fast.

Might also be a good idea to bring his stat boosts down from 2 to 1, since he has a way easier time getting on water than most water types.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would most likely draft him with all water based units and maybe a few fliers, then put all 3 OM's on him in the first round to turn any tile at level 2 or lower into water. So slowing the flood down to 1 level per round does sound like a good balancing move to make. It would at least give your opponent a few turns to try and spread out and get to higher ground before the flood traps them.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:10 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What about having it every turn, but with a D20 roll? That would still make the player put OMs on him and also keep him from raising the water level every single turn.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the idea of once per roind, but I would make Ocean Master do instead of attacking because it will still be worth it. Atlanteans are already really nasty on like 10% water maps.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:32 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I was just thinking about the spell casting aspect of it. I don't think I'd draft many spells, if any at all, with him if he can lose his ability to cast them after taking 1W. Maybe draft him with another MD figure so the spells are not lost when the trident is.
I didn't consider the spell effect in full, but I don't think it's that large of an issue. As you pointed out, you can take another spellcaster or you can draft some defense for Ocean Master so he can unleash his spells early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Seems like the New 52 design has way better comic art than the old-school version. (Not sure if there are any differences between the two takes on the character that would translate to actual gameplay differences?)

I have photos of both minis.
I chose the older mini because I have it and my owning of the mini was the reason I learned about Ocean Master to begin with. I'd be okay with the new mini if that's what the populous wants, but it will be a little less exciting for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I like the theme of Rising Tide and the mechanics, but I'm worried it can be used to devastating effect to slow down an opponent's army.
Quote:
Would it help if Rising Tide were an end-of-the-round thing rather than an 'instead of taking a turn' thing? Obviously that reduces what you need to invest in it, but it also keeps him from being able to bring the ocean too high too fast.
Once per round would be fair for balancing. I like Bats' instead of attacking once per round shindig.

Quote:
Might also be a good idea to bring his stat boosts down from 2 to 1, since he has a way easier time getting on water than most water types.
His stats in water are compared directly to Aquaman, so if the boost went down to 1, his base stats would go up by 1 to compensate. He should be punishable when water isn't nearby, similar to Aquaman. Open to more thoughts on this.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 24th, 2018, 08:46 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is he really Aquaman’s physical equal? I thought he had to rely on trickery and trechery to really threaten Aquaman.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 24th, 2018, 09:03 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Is he really Aquaman’s physical equal? I thought he had to rely on trickery and trechery to really threaten Aquaman.
Almost, but just a tad shy (represented by 1 fewer attack than Aquaman here). They are related but Ocean Master is full Atlantean to Aquaman's half-Atlantean, which helps make up some of the strength difference between the two. I wouldn't mind a defense drop of 1 if there is demand.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 24th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For reference - this design seems to be drawing mostly on New 52 Orm, who is pretty different from the original. He's full-blooded Atlantean, and Aquaman's physical equal. He was raised in Atlantis. Because Arthur, despite being older, lived on the surface, Orm was legally king for a time, but is manipulated into going to war with the surface. Aquaman beats him, he's taken into custody by the US government, and Aquaman (somewhat begrudgingly) takes the throne.

For Rising Tides, I'd stick a once-per-round restriction. As it's currently worded, you need two markers to start flooding actual land tiles, which gives your opponent at least one round to move people onto high ground.

I like the idea of him dropping the trident. Giving him a bit of a glass jaw in that way is another good safety valve.
Old September 24th, 2018, 10:15 AM

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. My DCU knowledge is all pre-New 52.

Old September 24th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Seems like the New 52 design has way better comic art than the old-school version. (Not sure if there are any differences between the two takes on the character that would translate to actual gameplay differences?)

I have photos of both minis.
I chose the older mini because I have it and my owning of the mini was the reason I learned about Ocean Master to begin with. I'd be okay with the new mini if that's what the populous wants, but it will be a little less exciting for me.
Totally fair.

Personally, my main concern is just that the mini we use, the comic art we use, and the card mechanics all align with the same version of the character. Kind of a bummer when those things aren't in sync.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Once per round would be fair for balancing. I like Bats' instead of attacking once per round shindig.

Quote:
Quote:
His stats in water are compared directly to Aquaman, so if the boost went down to 1, his base stats would go up by 1 to compensate. He should be punishable when water isn't nearby, similar to Aquaman. Open to more thoughts on this.
Well, unlike Aquaman, water's just about always gonna be nearby for Ocean Master. Plus he has the trident to lean in on a fight against Aquaman.
Old September 24th, 2018, 11:08 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think if we are going to be doing the New 52 version of the character we should use the New 52 art and mini (especially if they look better). I know it sucks to have a mini as an LD and it not be the one. I just this weekend switched to the better mini for my LD even though I had the other so I feel your pain. You can always do an alternate card for your mini though. About a third of my printed cards have alternate mini target info.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library