Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2016, 10:44 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Could Crypoliths have a place in Competitive HeroScape?

With the release of the 'Shadows Over Innistrad' expansion for Arena of the Planeswalkers, we have been given access to a new 'official' Heroscape Terrain piece!
As someone who is relatively new to the scene (came in through AoTP) I'm interested to hear you guys think about the possibility of seeing Cryptoliths being accepted as an official terrain piece for competitive heroscape?

Rules Below:

Old July 3rd, 2016, 12:34 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker
Re: Could Crypoliths have a place in Competitive HeroScape?

I don't see this as a big deal ..but I didn't see movement for it ?
I already had a version of Magneto that could make tile towers and move around on them. Did not add that much to game play just makes things hard on non ranged units, giving the target extra life since you have to bring it down before you can attack the figure on top.

ALL ARE ONE
Old July 3rd, 2016, 01:46 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I like it. Space has a height of 9 but counts as 3 height when moving on or off (+1 to move onto). I would even run a tournament with them. For gencon we definitely need to have at least a couple of maps with them for the Magic tournament on Thursday, open Magic event on Friday as well as learn-to-plays, and maybe even the C3V/SoV Take Two Chaos of Battle GenCon 2016
Old July 4th, 2016, 10:01 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

A Cryptolith has Tough 4 and Life 3. It is on a tile, which means that the cryptolith itself will probably be higher up than most anyone attacking it. So does it get +1 Defense due to height when it is attacked by someone lower? Does a figure on a higher elevation get a +1 Attack bonus? Opinions please?
Old July 4th, 2016, 01:02 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
A Cryptolith has Tough 4 and Life 3. It is on a tile, which means that the cryptolith itself will probably be higher up than most anyone attacking it. So does it get +1 Defense due to height when it is attacked by someone lower? Does a figure on a higher elevation get a +1 Attack bonus? Opinions please?
If it's higher it should get the die, but if your figure's base is on the same height as the base of Cryptolith, it won't.

Same with the opposite.
Old July 4th, 2016, 02:12 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

I don't remember if this was ever asked about the Fortress door. My initial impression is the same, @MementoMori but I don't always guess right. After all, it is not a figure, so it could be different.
Old July 4th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I find it interesting that road spaces retained their rules as well.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 4th, 2016, 08:57 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I find it interesting that road spaces retained their rules as well.
I'm loving the inclusion of base pieces with printed roads. Now I won't have to waste a bunch of 1- and 2-hex road tiles building the base level the next time I want to build a large bridge map.

Also, having some new base pieces will be super-sweet for those of us that have only one copy of the core set. Bigger maps for bigger games!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 5th, 2016, 12:19 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post

With the release of the 'Shadows Over Innistrad' expansion for Arena of the Planeswalkers, we have been given access to a new 'official' Heroscape Terrain piece!
As someone who is relatively new to the scene (came in through AoTP) I'm interested to hear you guys think about the possibility of seeing Cryptoliths being accepted as an official terrain piece for competitive heroscape?
These look great! thanks for sharing the rulebook.

I could certainly see adding these to Heroscape. We'd need a Destructible Object Army Card to place wounds on. Maybe the MCC could make a card for them.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=38383
Old August 7th, 2016, 08:08 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

DanieLoche was great enough to create an Army Card for the Cryptoliths : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche;2104569
[spoiler
Old August 8th, 2016, 08:50 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Looks great! Good work @DanielLoche
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:08 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So, a question for those more familiar with Vitualscape. How do you add images on Virtualscape? I would love to have the crypoliths added, so we could start using them in digital map building.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles