Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 19th, 2007, 11:56 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Cloak and Dagger

I'm not exactly sure how the whole trial process starts out, but I'd like to propose a trial for a pair of customs I've done. Cloak and Dagger from marvel comics. I don't think anyone has created cards for these guys before.

Now, just so you know, I haven't created a visual card for these characters, because I use Word to fit my customs onto standard sized cards, that can be put in standard sized card protectors. So, I'm just going to give you the stats. I don't feel "hit zone" charts are really that important, because it's usually pretty obvious where the hit zones are. Obviously, I use the Heroclix figures for Cloak and Dagger.

Also, with any customs I do, I try to match up the character with existing Heroscape stats, so the Cost value is roughly accurate. In this case, I based Cloak off of Runa, and I based Dagger off of Dund. However, I had to go outside those lines quite a bit, because if you know anything about Cloak and Dagger from the comics, their relationship is pretty complex. I've tried my best to Mimic the characters accurately in Heroscape form. Since these characters deviate from their Heroscape models, I was hoping someone would be interested in playtesting them, to see how accurate the point cost is. I rarely get to play, so I won't have much chance to playtest myself. Here is what I came up with for these two oddballs. I know you are going to look at these stats, and be like, "what the???" But they make sense, they do fit on my cards (with an 8 font), and I think there's a pretty good balance (based on the assumption that Dund is normally a little overpriced, as many have said). These two are just extremely complicated. I don't think there is another pair of characters like this. The strategy involved is EXTREMELY unique.

CLOAK - 130 Points

Human Mutant
Unique Hero
Vigilante
Hungry
Medium 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 3

CLOAK OF DARKNESS
Cloak may attack all adjacent figures. Roll each attack separately. If Cloak inflicts any wounds, destroy the target. Cloak may attack friendly figures, but defense must be rolled.

INTANGIBLE
If Cloak has any wound marker's on his card, he can only be attacked by magical characters (Demons, Wizards, Sorcerers, Witches, etc).

HUNGER
If Cloak destroys a figure, remove one wound marker from his card. If Cloak does not destroy a figure, or is not fed by Dagger this turn, he receives one wound.

TELEPORT
When counting spaces for Cloak’s movement, ignore elevations. Cloak’s movement is not effected by terrain. He can pass through figures without becoming engaged, and move through obstacles such as ruins. If Dagger is adjacent to Cloak when he begins his move, you may place her adjacent to him, when he ends his move.

-----------------------------------------------------

DAGGER - 120 Points

Human Mutant
Unique Hero
Vigilante
Merciful
Medium 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 1
DEFENSE: 4

LIGHT DAGGER SPECIAL ATTACK
Replaces normal attack. Attack Value is equal to remaining Life. Does not require line of sight. Roll one less attack die, for each 5 spaces between Dagger and target. Target rolls one less defense die than usual. For each wound inflicted, remove one random order marker from the target’s card and remove one wound marker from Dagger’s card.

FEED THE DARKNESS
If Cloak is within 6 clear spaces of Dagger when she attacks, remove one wound marker from Cloak’s card, instead of Dagger’s card, for each wound Dagger inflicts. Also, Dagger may remove one wound marker off of Cloak’s card and put it on her own, at any time.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I've created both of those figures, but of course that doesn't mean you can't submit yours for TNT. Go for it!
Old December 21st, 2007, 12:00 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've been really interested in a Cloak and Daggar, but have been to busy to attempt them. I like what you have here, it might be good enough so that i don't have to make my own...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations