Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old June 12th, 2017, 08:36 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Looking for recommendations for a TCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I have been considering for some time trying to find a TCG that I could learn and play with my kids, age 7, 14, and 15. Are there any good card games that are fun for both adults and kids? Something with rules that are not too complicated for a child to learn? I know of Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, MTG, etc, but don't really know if they are fun or easy enough for my kids.

It doesn't have to be one of the popular ones like I listed above. I am open to all suggestions.
Dude! Get out while you can! Think of all the better uses for your $$!

For the record, I've played MTG off-and-on since '95, and put quite a bit into Pokemon and the original VS System. I love building decks and whooping the crap outta my peers, but the monetary involvement in most card games is ridiculous.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:52 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Dude! Get out while you can! Think of all the better uses for your $$!

For the record, I've played MTG off-and-on since '95, and put quite a bit into Pokemon and the original VS System. I love building decks and whooping the crap outta my peers, but the monetary involvement in most card games is ridiculous.
Heh! Funny that you say that as I have already found that out. I chose Star Wars Destiny and was buying boosters every payday. I have already stopped doing this as I realized that I could be buying many other games for the money that I was spending on one game.

I have enough that me and the wife can still have fun, but I am done with that money sink. Thank you for the warning though, as you are right on.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 13th, 2018, 04:17 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Pokemon is pretty popular especially since they run TCG leagues. I mean a grown man and when I go to Leagues I play against little kids and sometimes they're better than me... lol

Dragon Ball Super is fairly new and if they like the series they might like the card game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games