Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old October 4th, 2017, 03:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Updated. Are these flat bottomed or do they have little pegs for the base? If they have pegs, is there a base tile with the corresponding holes in it I can place in the same section?
Old October 4th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Updated. Are these flat bottomed or do they have little pegs for the base? If they have pegs, is there a base tile with the corresponding holes in it I can place in the same section?
Flat bottomed.
Old February 6th, 2018, 03:54 PM

digitallimit is surprisingly tart

Hey Heroscapers

I recently got into 3D printing and Heroscape around the same time, so I decided to start making some Heroscape prints!

Battle for the Underdark seemed like a good place to start since it's such a prohibitively expensive set. I noticed there was a solid single Rock Outcrop design, but only a melty-looking scan of the 3 Hex Rock Outcrop, so I made a new version using the single hex design as a base:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2759935

I've also republished the single hex Rock Outcrop for completeness. I'll be working on a new version of the Ticalla Jungle tiles next, as well larger rock outcrops for recreating the Tundra pieces as well. Which is to say, there's more to come!
Old February 6th, 2018, 04:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Awesome, I'll update the list with your link and pic.
Old February 6th, 2018, 05:46 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Wow man!! Those files look awesome man! Out of curiosity do you design the outcrops, or do you use a 3D scanner to capture the outcrops?
Old February 7th, 2018, 10:47 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Wow that looks great. Incredible, really.

Side note: where at in LA? I'm moving there soon.
Old February 7th, 2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Wow that looks great. Incredible, really.

Side note: where at in LA? I'm moving there soon.
Just outside Culver City; it's a good centralized location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Awesome, I'll update the list with your link and pic.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksisu11 View Post
Wow man!! Those files look awesome man! Out of curiosity do you design the outcrops, or do you use a 3D scanner to capture the outcrops?
I used the outcrop from the original post to generate a larger outcrop. I am not a rock-making talent by any stretch.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:54 AM

I put together the Heroscape Glacier (4 Hex) from Thaelenk Tundra (although again it's using the base Rock Outcrop model as a brush) and a definitive Heroscape Water Tile since I wasn't super happy with any of the other water tiles I've printed.

The water tile especially took a lot of trial and error as I found a happy medium between interlocking and stability and ease of assembly/disassembly.

Glacier (4 Hex)

Water Tile

Old February 8th, 2018, 03:53 PM

Heroscape Glacier (6 Hex)

This is my first multi-part print! It's huge (130 long, 150mm high).

I've created a scaled version in two parts, or a full version which comes in three parts. And of course you can just print the base model if you are blessed with a larger print bed, but I'm not so fortunate.

Last edited by digitallimit; February 8th, 2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old February 9th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Thanks for doing these!
Old February 9th, 2018, 01:57 PM
C3G Landlord

updated
Old February 9th, 2018, 09:08 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Really great man.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing