Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old July 15th, 2018, 06:52 PM

Warlord Yargol Woo who?
D&D like modular

Hey guys, i been playing HS for a very long time along with D&D. I'm currently working on making a modular that combines the two, everything combat wise (not like minor scruffs) like the main encounter or dungeon etc is used using HS, while everything else is played like D&D.

So far i only have gotten to the Character Creation, everything from spells and equipment are being hammered out. The LVLing scale and gold, is borrowed from Adventurescape, Their system is very close to what i wanted and wanted to give them credit. Please give me feedback.

Character Creation

Before everyone starts creating a character some things should be known. Special ability’s such as Sword of Reckoning etc, should be considered Magic Weapons. Other things needed for players during creation

1. Everyone receives 150 points
2. Only unique Heroes are available
3. Only small, and medium Heroes
4. Cannot be a dragon/giant
5. Range is to be kept at 1 (explained later)
6) Several dice including d20, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, & 3

When looking over the Character Sheet, depending on how you go about, you can choose three options. First option, copy down all regular stats and specials in appropriate places (attack value in attack value etc) expect range. Second option, rearrange your ability score (8HP reduce to 1, and put those somewhere else). Last option you could take 1d6 and roll for your ability score expect range.
Other parts include copying down your special abilities, besides those mention above, and proficiencies/buying ability score.

Upgrading your score and proficiency
After copying score, you have 150 points to buy ability score, to know how much a score coast you times the current number by 10 plus 10
2HP = 30 P
3HP = 40 P
Each player also receives 10 Pro Points to be put anywhere they want to, these proficiency determines all aspects of the adventure. Magic determines how many spells you can have, and how much extra MP you have. Melee and Range determine what kind of Weapons your character can handle, and with all your wisdom can get a extra ability with the weapon when high enough points are put into it.
The Melee, Range, and Magic proficiencies are used in different ways. Melee determines how well you do with weapons such as swords, and if you could get a bonus with certain weapons. Range is much the same as Melee, weapons have their own range value and certain weapons such daggers can be thrown.
Magic determines how many spells you can hold, adds to your MP Pool, and can give you extra advantage. Though all base range is set to 1, mages spells have an aura range, meaning when holding a certain item like a staff they have a range determined by their proficiency in magic.

Starting Gold
After creating a character, each player rolls a 20-sided die to see how much gold they start with:
1-5: 50 GP
6-8: 60 GP
9-11: 70 GP
12-14: 80 GP
15-17: 90 GP
18-20: 100 GP

Leveling

Getting Experience and Gold
Each time the players defeat an enemy, they gain some experience (XP) and gold (GP). The XP and GP gained from slaying an enemy equals the enemy’s point value divided by the number of figures on the enemy card and then divided by the number of players, then rounded to the nearest 5 or 10 (round up).

For example: If there were 3 players and they destroyed Ne-Gok-Sa, each player would receive: 90 / 3 = 30 XP and 30 GP. If the 3 players destroyed 3 Marro Warriors and Ne-Gok-Sa, each player would receive: (90 + 50 * 3 / 4) / 3 = 42.5 = 45 XP and 45 GP.

Players receive XP and GP at the end of an encounter and at the end of a room in a dungeon. Players also level up at these times too.

Leveling Scale
Players start out at level 0 and may level up to level 10. Players need the following amounts of XP to reach each level:
Lv. 0: Novice (each character starts at level 0)
Lv. 1: 100 XP
Lv. 2-3: 200 XP
Lv. 4-6: 300 XP
Lv. 7-10: 400 XP
Extra XP is carried over for the next level. For example, a player has 90 XP. After killing an enemy, gets 30 XP for a total of 120. He spends 100 XP to go to level 2 and has 20 XP left over.

Last edited by Warlord Yargol; July 24th, 2018 at 09:29 AM. Reason: updating my rules
Old July 16th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: D&D like modular

Have you played any games yet with your system?

Kaiyu made a similar system Heroes of Scape.

And I made a D&D/Heroscape crossbreed using Heroscape combat modified to eliminate order markers Legends of Scape. It has leveling up, weapons, special abilities, and spells.

I've played a few Legends of Scape games with 1st level characters and I really loved it. I even got my wife and children to play and it was an amazing, fun night.

I'll be interested to hear how your system works out.
Old July 16th, 2018, 08:03 PM

Warlord Yargol Woo who?

Yes i have, and me and my group are always updateing and play testing the system each system, biggest one we are having a hard time with is Magic cause of the mass amount of spells that we are trying to stay true to D&D like as possible. With Legends of Scape, he uses a lot of Base equipment that i would love to use in my system and work and expand off of. We have a basic of magic items, and things such as staffs helps increase the range of magic.

I think i didnt put this in the original post, but range is determine by the weapon range not the range of your character, somewhat the same with the staff but that on another day.

Other than that it plays like normal, For my campaign i have it set ten years after all the generals souls were sucked into a different dimension, war tore everything apart and the marro began conquering all. After the marrow were pushed back, and they dissapear, everything began to settle, city states, and nations, formed upon Valhalla. In the northern mountains a village of Kalasha is having a Festival, and insert your first PC name here arrives on the outskirts of the village after a many month journey (he meets up with the other PC soon after) to a unexpected doom.
Old July 17th, 2018, 12:05 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

With the magic, I spent a long time trying to get the spells to be like D&D spells but also limiting them to a single spell card.

I plan an update of the spells sometime, (adding more spells such as ESP and cleaning up some of the spells) but I've gotten sidetracked.
Old July 17th, 2018, 08:02 PM

Warlord Yargol Woo who?

the spells from d&d we wanted to separate them into free spells (AKA out of combat spells), and combat spells which cost MP to cast, along with converting them to be used with HS so they are not to over powered because they somewhat are with the scale of HS.

One things im doing is adding special powers, otherwise called skill bonus, on the pretty much everything including magic. So that dumping everything to be a Fighter wouldn't be wasted, compare to if we didn't try that most of everything would be dry. For example a two handed axe would get a extra +1 atk with a melee skill of 6 along with its normal stats.

Old July 18th, 2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Yargol View Post
the spells from d&d we wanted to separate them into free spells (AKA out of combat spells), and combat spells which cost MP to cast, along with converting them to be used with HS so they are not to over powered because they somewhat are with the scale of HS.

One things im doing is adding special powers, otherwise called skill bonus, on the pretty much everything including magic. So that dumping everything to be a Fighter wouldn't be wasted, compare to if we didn't try that most of everything would be dry. For example a two handed axe would get a extra +1 atk with a melee skill of 6 along with its normal stats.
There are definitely some spells (such as illusions) that just won't fit on a single card.

For fighters, I added a lot of special abilities that they can learn with their skill points. There are enough that there can be many types of fighters--ones who use range, ones who can attack multiple opponents in melee, ones who can move faster, ones who have strong defenses...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions