Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 5th, 2018, 11:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah, that admin was being a tool. I thought your Jersey Barriers were great and looked just like the ones I got from Miniature Market.
I just looked at it as him being a little nasty towards them because he may want a 3d printer but does not have one. I don't care how people make stuff I just want to see how cool it turns out. That is the whole reason I come to places on the internet. To share the fun. I really think that the guys selling those barriers on miniature market use the files on thingiverse. Each file on there tells you whether on not you can use it for commercial use. Its so cool.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 7th, 2018, 06:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

As promised, here are some pictures of the components that make up the shipping containers.

Here is the adhesive sheets, whats left of them The individual pieces are mostly cut out, but have 1 little bit still attacked to each of its four sides and are easily cut with a hobby knife. They have a peel away backing, so you just peel it away and then attach to the appropriate mdf piece.

Here are all that it takes to make one container. First glue each of the 2 male/female corner pieces. Attach appropriate sticker to all the pieces and wrap the little ones around the corner pieces. Then glue the box part together and then glue on the corner pieces.

The 3 on the left have a couple coats of varnish on them that I sprayed on yesterday. I'm currently in the process of spraying the ones on the right. Once sprayed, the colors get richer and not as muted as they are beforehand. They can be used for different game systems and will be cool obstacles for Gaslands. They will also be great for The Walking Dead All Out War.

Here are some cool futuristic lights I got from Warsenal. I assembled the mdf pieces first and then primed, painted and varnished them before gluing on the wire and acrylic pieces.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 7th, 2018, 07:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

That all looks really great hahma. Sorry for the lack of pics lately. I took facebook off my phone.

Old July 8th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Those lights are really cool and really set the stage.
Thanks for sharing those containers. Very nice.
Old July 8th, 2018, 06:23 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma , I just recently went through all my frostgrave and ghost archipelago books again to list all the items for scenario specific terrain and started printing it all out. Man it is awesome. Just finished printing a really cool man cage for one of the GA missions.

Old July 8th, 2018, 11:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@TREX , sounds like you and your brothers are going to need to start playing again soon, with all those cool pieces you are printing up. I look forward to hearing some more battle royale reports

I managed to get my 2 pillboxes assembled from the Comanche starter set from Warsenal. This line (Comanche) is designed for Infinity, the Ariadna faction in particular, and is for 28mm figures, but they will work well enough for not only Infinity, but Legion as well. They are big enough and the door and windows work well enough for the 35mm scale of Legion.

There were a lot of pieces and the first one took me quite a bit of time to assemble, because the instructions are not overly specific in certain areas. There are some pieces that are really tricky to get together because of angles and tabs going into the base and such. So I had dry fit it all together first before gluing, and was able to figure out the proper approach for those tough spots. Then the second one was really fast and took me less than half the time as the first. There was some sanding here and there required, but nothing much.

These are pretty neat, as there is a lot of detail engraved into the mdf. I'll have to be careful when painting to not put the paint on too heavy. There are lockers inside, a removable roof and the side door is easily opened or closed, as it goes down a neat slot and just slides up or down.

Old July 9th, 2018, 11:57 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. How do you move on top of the building? Is there a climb mechanic?
Old July 9th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool. How do you move on top of the building? Is there a climb mechanic?
Yes. If your leader is in base contact with the building, you can use both of that unit’s actions to climb up to a range 1 length of the measuring stick. Each segment is 6 inches, so a leader that is in base contact with the side of a building at the start of that unit’s activation can climb up 2 6 inches as both actions. It would have to be placed as close to the edge as possible, and the rest of that squad os placed in cohesion of the leader. Cohesion is speed 1 movement tool, which I can't recall the exact length when straight, maybe 3 inches. So the rest of the squad needs to be within that distance of the leader, either on top of that building, or in base contact with the building from the side they came from.

You could also choose to clamber instead of climbing, which means you are only going to do it with one action instead of 2. But when you do this, you have to roll a white defense die for each figure that clamnered, and if a certain symbol is rolled on the dice, a figure takes a wound for each of those symbols rolled. Regular troops only have one life, so they would be removed from the game.

You could also chose to clamber differently, by using your 2 actions to go up range 2 of height, or 12 inches. But then instead of one white die per figure doing it, you roll two.

Climbing and clambering down work the same as going up.

There are upgrade cards for grappling hooks that allow you to clamber without rolling the dice I believe. Also. Luke can use the force to leap up instead of climbing.

I'd have to look to see if ladders on the side of a building would still use the climb/clamber rules or just count as difficult terrain. Same with stairs.

Old July 12th, 2018, 12:32 AM
Prickly Cactus

A few more pieces built from Warsenal.

There's a short/wide platform that has various ways you can connect the ramps and there is a plug in the center that you can remove to put the light in. There are other pieces from that company, such as computer arrays and such that can fit in there.

Then there is the Octagon, which like the low wide platform, can have the wall sections removed and different things slotted in there, such as walkways, stairs, ladders and mandrals (the big shield like things).

Then there's the Crow's Nest, that fits into the hole in the center of the Octagon, once the plug is removed. It has a built in ladder and adds some more elevation to the game. As with the other pieces, the wall sections can be removed and replaced with other things.

The 2 pillboxes were done previously (the ones with Luke and Vader on them).

The walkways work nicely to connect the once story buildings from Impudent Mortal. They don't connect, but the horizontal piece lines up perfectly with the top edge of the roof wall, and the extended parts help support it there.

Old July 12th, 2018, 12:34 AM
"like" happy

Now we're talking. The extended balcony and catwalk pieces are freaking awesome. I'm loving the stair cases as well. You'll do battle proud on those for sure.

Old July 12th, 2018, 03:45 PM

Yeah, that is a sick set-up. Super jealous.
Old July 13th, 2018, 11:53 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

"Darth Vader slices down a street light pole and Force Throws it at Luke"

"OK, roll a d20"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures