Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2017, 06:33 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Need a new game

Nice! Thanks guys! Checking them out.

I know that the 7 y/o makes it tough. I am not worried if the game is a little tough for him to learn, as long as he can still have fun playing it. Even if it requires help from the rest of us.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 06:05 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I ended up buying Pandemic. We have only played it once but did enjoy it.

I am now considering my next purchase and I would once again like some input about the games that I am considering next.

Blood Rage was very high on my list but I now think that it wouldn't be a good fit for most of my family. I also nearly bought Zombicide but as luck would have it Amazon raised the price right when I decided to buy it. Therefore it has moved down on the list again.

Following is the current games that I am considering. If anyone has played any of them I would love to hear your thoughts.

Doom: The Board Game (2016) This game looks and sounds awesome but I'm a little worried about the play time and the complexity.

Adrenaline Nice looking board and supposedly accurately reproduces a FPS vibe in a board game.

Vast: The Crystal Caverns This one sound SO interesting to me, with it having 5 completely different roles that play totally different from each other. I worry about how hard it must be to learn and teach though.

Roll Player This one I'm really not sure about, but it does look interesting.

Arcadia Quest I have mentioned this one already. I only listed it here because I am still considering it.

Hopefully these posts aren't getting irritating. It's just that I don't get to buy many games so I have to be really picky.
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 06:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I have played Vast a couple times and it was a while ago, pretty much after it first came out. I liked it, but I think it is a little meaty for casual play. Each player is going to be playing differently and kind of have specific rules for each of them. So it's one of those games that require patient players willing to learn the game, and each role.

I haven't played Role Player yet, but I have seen others in my group play it a couple times while I was involved in another game. They seemed to really like it. I can ask the guy that owns and teaches it if he thinks it's easy enough for the family.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 23rd, 2017, 07:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My friend Zack said that Role Player would be good, though Sagrada has a similar dice drafting mechanic and is lighter and quicker, and less prone to AP. I did play that one and liked it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/199561/sagrada

Old July 23rd, 2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I have played Vast a couple times and it was a while ago, pretty much after it first came out. I liked it, but I think it is a little meaty for casual play. Each player is going to be playing differently and kind of have specific rules for each of them. So it's one of those games that require patient players willing to learn the game, and each role.

I haven't played Role Player yet, but I have seen others in my group play it a couple times while I was involved in another game. They seemed to really like it. I can ask the guy that owns and teaches it if he thinks it's easy enough for the family.
What you say about Vast is exactly what I suspected. It's too bad because it looks really interesting to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
My friend Zack said that Role Player would be good, though Sagrada has a similar dice drafting mechanic and is lighter and quicker, and less prone to AP. I did play that one and liked it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/199561/sagrada
I really appreciate you getting your friends take on it. The problem is that part of the appeal of Roll Player for me is the theme. I am an old MMO player and really like the setting and idea of the game. Still, I'm not sure if Roll Player is enough of a game to keep us interested for long.

Old July 23rd, 2017, 09:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, the them of Role Player is appealing to me as well.

It's kind of hard trying to pick games for the family, because sure there are plenty of lighter family friendly games, but there are a lot of cool looking games out there that look great and interesting to you, my either be too complex for some family members or not appealing to some of them.

Are there any game stores or game cafe's near you so that you can try before you buy?

Some of my gaming buddies just buy a ton of games, and have a wide range of types of people they game with. So they have the luxury of being able to buy whatever game they are interested in, because they will have some that will take interest. They also don't rely on any one game to be a mainstay, as they keep buying more anyway that they will want to get in the rotation. So you might see a game for a few weeks and then not again for a year or more.

Old January 12th, 2018, 10:30 AM

Nachman is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahvma View Post

Did you guys try Divinity: Original Sin 2? If you're into old school RPGs, you'll love it. I've sinked in over 200 hours into this game and still not explored and seen everything it has to offer.

Last edited by Nachman; April 26th, 2020 at 06:39 AM.
Old January 16th, 2018, 01:23 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Just discovered Timeline last week. Nice little filler game. Takes about 5-10 minutes to play. I think I'm gonna get a couple versions of this.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games