Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old January 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM

mechastar has disabled reputation
Marvel HS delayed at my Wal-Mart

I work midnights so after work at 7:30 I always stop at WM to see if there's any new HS. This morning I went and when I looked down the aisle I saw the Masters and the pile of Thora's and nothing else. However, four of the boosters had been turned with the flat side facing the spot where MarvelScape was to go.

I went to check it out and saw that the tag for M-Scape had been removed. Alarmed at this I searched the toy section and found no tag. I asked the two employees and they said the were deleting items. M-Scape had been deleted and the associates said when that happens it may be a few MONTHS before the item comes to WM! One said my best bet now would be TRU.

I haven't checked the other WMs in the area but I am tonight. Go around to your WMs and see if that has happened there.
Old January 13th, 2007, 06:52 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation

That kind of explains what I saw this morning.
The WM on the westside of town, that had a Marvel sticker had been replaced with a Tower expansion sticker.

Methinks this is not good.
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:08 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Well, it's par for the course. They don't want any kind of NEW product in their store that would sell well. They would rather wait 6 months and then toss around the idea of carrying a by then old product.

Two days ago I decided that I was going to buy MarvelScape after seeing it for $25 on the shelf tag. Now, they aren't going to carry it?! I hate Wal-Mart like I hate the plague.

Click to see more...
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I hope the ones around here still carry it. I want my heroes!
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:31 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Hasbro...! Tell us what's going on!!!
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny
Well, it's par for the course. They don't want any kind of NEW product in their store that would sell well. They would rather wait 6 months and then toss around the idea of carrying a by then old product.

Two days ago I decided that I was going to buy MarvelScape after seeing it for $25 on the shelf tag. Now, they aren't going to carry it?! I hate Wal-Mart like I hate the plague.
Don't worry. They'll carry it, just not next week. Probably some delay of some kind.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 13th, 2007, 10:23 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny

Don't worry. They'll carry it, just not next week. Probably some delay of some kind.
Its probably the "Civil War" that's happening in the Marvel Universe right now. That can shake up a lot of things. Wave Six sightings for one, shelf stickers, ...I'm pretty sure it pushed back the latest in the Harry Potter saga too.
Made me late for work the other day.
Old January 13th, 2007, 10:41 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
But the thing that bothers me is that this game is all but invisible. There are no mentions of it on hasbro.com, heroscape.com or any of the retailers that carry heroscape. There are no photos other than the ones taken at GenCon of the display model. There are no box images or logos anywhere. All mentions of it on any blog sites are months old.

The possibilities are 1) it's coming any time to WalMart's shelves and Hasbro is just not doing the job when it comes to advertising it. 2) There hasn't been enough interest in the product by the people who make the buying decisions, possibly based on the large number of Marvel games already, causing the project to be cancelled. 3) There are delays caused by the plastic regulations overseas as has been mentioned in other threads. 4) Marvel wants more money. 5) They're delaying the product until Spiderman 3 comes out... with both Venom and Spidey in the game AND the movie the marketing genii are going to keep the game off the shelves until close to summer so they can cross-promote.

I'm betting it's option 5.

Or it could be a fiendish plot... the Latverian customs agents have confiscated all the shipments... Look for Marvel Legends Heroscape to appear on eBay starting at $60 a set by the seller VvonD.
Old January 13th, 2007, 11:53 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
ej, The Hasbro website being extremely behind the times is nothing new. I'm dying for more info myself, but sadly you most likely won't find it there. When it's time, Hasbro will release something to announce it.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old January 13th, 2007, 11:56 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
I noticed that Hasbro's Marvel Legends action figures are just hitting the stores, so maybe its just a delay with Hasbro's transition of Marvel's toy line from Toy Biz. Since the Marvelscape game seems to be carrying the "Legends" tag, maybe Hasbro wanted to push the action figures, before they decide to release the game. Heck if I know.

Old January 14th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
I heard from various store sources it might be around March.
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
But the thing that bothers me is that this game is all but invisible. There are no mentions of it on hasbro.com, heroscape.com or any of the retailers that carry heroscape. There are no photos other than the ones taken at GenCon of the display model. There are no box images or logos anywhere. All mentions of it on any blog sites are months old.

The possibilities are 1) it's coming any time to WalMart's shelves and Hasbro is just not doing the job when it comes to advertising it. 2) There hasn't been enough interest in the product by the people who make the buying decisions, possibly based on the large number of Marvel games already, causing the project to be cancelled. 3) There are delays caused by the plastic regulations overseas as has been mentioned in other threads. 4) Marvel wants more money. 5) They're delaying the product until Spiderman 3 comes out... with both Venom and Spidey in the game AND the movie the marketing genii are going to keep the game off the shelves until close to summer so they can cross-promote.

I'm betting it's option 5.

Or it could be a fiendish plot... the Latverian customs agents have confiscated all the shipments... Look for Marvel Legends Heroscape to appear on eBay starting at $60 a set by the seller VvonD.
You forgot alien abduction... I mean get real! The game will be out when it is done and ready.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News