Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:23 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
heroscape game test version

so finaly Schmiddie has released a test version of his heroscape game.
and i must say it look good .i wrote him if he could make an english version. i think this projekt is great and if all bus fixed it could be a good game.here is the download link (but it is german) and the meneu confuse me the first time to. in some ways.

http://www.badongo.com/file/1256727 updated

i translate the things how far i got

SPIEL= play
editor
beenden= end
laden=load
auswahl= select
würfel= dice
spieler = player
Old August 18th, 2006, 01:45 AM

Usagi3 has disabled reputation
I downloaded it and gave it a try... I don't know what language it is (looks like german ?), but I can't read it !!!
I reached a point where you actually select units (not all of them are there BTW), and next... Well I dunno
There is some sort of terrain editor too, but again, I failed miserably trying to understand what was going on.
If someone could translate, maybe we could actually try a battle ?

What if adults were perished children ?

Please forgive my bad english as I am French.
Old August 18th, 2006, 03:22 AM

if you are in the charakter selection.
player one or two can select some units. . if the selected pic is in the middel(big card in the middel) on the top is a button "auswahl" click that und army is chosen . than on player two the same. after that choose "spielen"

and you can select the army starter zone
Old August 18th, 2006, 03:25 AM

fuzzysadist has disabled reputation
Just seems to lock up my computer until I kill it.

Bleck.

Fuzzy
Old August 18th, 2006, 04:00 AM

the long black load screen?
yep it takes a little bit.
Old August 18th, 2006, 05:07 PM

DJ Ducki has disabled reputation
I'm currently testing it, the map builder's not too bad but its annoying that I haven't found out how to zoom out somewhat or rotate the ruins, any clue on how to do it? Oh and once I'm done I'll make a little tutorial for anyone else trying this out.
Old August 18th, 2006, 08:00 PM

For some reason, the program realllllly doesn't like things being run in the background and doesn't like the Print Screen Button so I'm gonna do a post-by-post translation and explaination.

As shown in the Picture, the top button is the one to play your built maps, so it's safe to say it translates to "Play". The second button leads to the Map Editor, as it says. The third button closes down the program, so it's safe to say it means "Close"
Old August 18th, 2006, 08:35 PM

This Next Picture is in the "Editor" Option

Left side:

Start Gebiet - Start Zone Placement
Glyphen - Glyphs (All master set glyphs and the flying glyph)
Steine - Terrain Pieces (Water, Rock, Sand, Grass and some weird black tile, lava or road maybe?)
Objekte - Ruins (Large and Small) and an Object remover (removes glyphs, ruins and possibly start zones)

Right side:

Fläche - Size of the layout (used to define the area for where you place the hex tiles, {Horizontal x Vertical})
Werte - Map Statistics (In Order on the left adjustable things: Rounds to play in the map, Number of players, Artifact glyphs (? not sure) and Army point total. In the right empty area is the description of the senario or map notes, whichever you wish to put)
Laden - Load Map
Neu - Clear Map (I think it translates to "New")
Speichern - Save Map
Beenden - Close (or possibly "Exit" not exactly sure on translations)

Map Editor controls as I know it so far are as follows:

Left click - place objects
Right click - remove objects
~Right click and hold - rotate the camera's view (dunno how to zoom in or out, hopefully they have a function like that)
Arrow Keys - pan the camera around the field

After using Fläche to define the base HxV (exa: 10 x 10), you can start placing hex tiles on the dots that show up on the map. Hex tiles are just click the type and click the dot on the terrain. Stacking terrain is pretty much the same as placing terrain, click the spot where you want it placed. As far as I know, water places like normal terrain. To place glyphs and ruins, choose them and place them on the hex you wish them to be. I don't know at this moment how to rotate the ruins so it's kinda difficult to place them the right way. After your map is finished to whichever specs you wish, use Start gebiet to define the size and location of the starting zones. To place them, just simply click the hex on where it's to be located. After your map's finished, click Werte and define the number of players, rounds, artifacts (?) and army points for the map, put any map notes or description you'd like in there. After that, hit Speichern, type in the name of the map and hit enter to save it. Afterwards, you can hit beenden and go play your map.

I'll get some battle pictures in at a later time, as well as some more detailed map construction pictures as I work with it. Hope this helps everyone so they can build maps in this
Old August 19th, 2006, 03:04 AM

Usagi3 has disabled reputation
Many thanks DJ !

What if adults were perished children ?

Please forgive my bad english as I am French.
Old August 19th, 2006, 01:51 PM

No problem, I'm still working on it. The battle test I did was kinda bad. The stats and abilities of the characters aren't good, I don't think they work. I took Carr once and tried using him. Even point blank adjacent to the opponent, he only had 2 dice. I'll keep testing
Old August 20th, 2006, 02:19 AM

je the is fix a lot of thing he had some major thing, but the game is not done maybe 60%. the bigges problem will be the status in battel, fighting and the abilitys.

after my first link it be updated 3 times here is the last

http://www.badongo.com/file/1256727
Old August 21st, 2006, 07:25 AM

Schmiddie has disabled reputation
Hello.

First sorry for my English, i have learned a little bit in school, but i forgot the most.

-the special abilities doesnt work in the moment, but this is the next big thing i'm working on.
-yes you can zoom press and hold the right mouse button and then use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out
-to rotate the ruins and the glyphs (and in future the other objects) just use the mouse wheel.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software