Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 12th, 2006, 08:56 PM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
Expansion debate

I am debating right now whether to order a second snipers/vipers pack, or go with a kilts/commandos.

Any suggestions?

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old May 12th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Expansion debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
I am debating right now whether to order a second snipers/vipers pack, or go with a kilts/commandos.

Any suggestions?
Both!
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:24 PM

I would but I go to school and I only have so much extra money with the rising gas prices and such.

Make peace!
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Depends on what you already have. 1 set of vipers doesn't get you very far in a game. If you don't already have a set or two of vipers, I'd go with the kilts/commandos. They should hold up a bit better as individual squads. Plus, you can use the kilts with your existing master set human heroes.

Just my .02
Old May 12th, 2006, 10:49 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I agree that if money is tight, go with diversity. The micro-corp agents are a very good squad, and the McDirk warriors are fun to use with Braveheart. You can always go back and get multiples of your favorites later as finances allow.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:33 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Re: Expansion debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
I am debating right now whether to order a second snipers/vipers pack, or go with a kilts/commandos. :?

Any suggestions?
um that's a debate??
get both...

case solved....

hehehe Im debating on going for 10 squads of Drones...
currently Ive got 5 or 6....

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:11 AM

Captain John Parker has disabled reputation
Hi,

I think the real question is are you buying the additional units to strengthen your army or are you buying the extras because you want to play with specific figures?

The first extra sets I bought were the 4th Mass (of course- see the avatar) and the Romans. They might not be the best squads, but I like playing with them the most. If I was prepping an army for a tourney, I might choose differently but since I am playing for enjoyment, I went with the units that I am most likely to draft.

That having been said, I think a big fast army of vipers would be really cool.....

Stand your ground / Don't fire unless fired upon / But if they mean to have a war / Let it begin here
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I'd go for the crazy Celts. Having multiple Vipers is okay, but having the diversity and variety is even more fun, I think.
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:30 AM

The truth is I was actually going to buy the snipers/vipers pack because of the snipers not the vipers, but you guys lead me to believe alot of vipers is a good choice of points.

But I am a big fan of Vydar characters and the microcorps seemed amazing when I looked at them on the HS website.

Make peace!
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:26 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
I don't have any vipers, but if you alreay have some, then don't get more. I would say get kilts and commandos, or both.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I only have kilts and commandos, but I'm getting a lot of mileage out of those two units. Last night I ended the game with two of my agents left, and they mopped up nicely. The only dicey part was having to engage Drake to finish him off. They ended up dealing the final wound(s) to Drake, Raelin, and Krug. Any unit with bonding is worth a look (now that I've been there and done that), and the McDirk's are pretty good. I like the concept of Snipers and Vipers, but they require a little more thought and finese to really use well (opinion, not experience). If I could field multiple Agents, I think I'd really **** off my opponents.
Old May 15th, 2006, 09:16 AM

Double Oak has disabled reputation
I really love the kilts/commandoes group so would go that way. Nothing like a lot of hopped up McDirk warriors when bonded with someone like Valguard who has a lot of lives.

P.S. Rod is not kidding about how many Drones he has, fortunately he didn't pull them out when we played and I rue the day he does!

Never underestimate a smart 8 yr old who still has all three agents

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units