Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 16th, 2019, 07:59 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Flash_19's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Cool custom. He's very similar to the Nhah Scrih of course, but that's not a bad thing.

I think you should rename Dragonkind Enmity to "Dragonkind Enmity 2" or something similar, since the Nhah Scrih's version of that power only adds one die.
Thanks for the thought! That's a great idea. And yes - definitely very similar to the Nhah Scirh. I got the extra figure in a set I ordered of Nhah Scirh on Ebay so I figured I'd put him to good use.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 18th, 2019, 07:55 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

i agree that flash grenade should be nerfed, it's hard enough already to land shields.
Old March 18th, 2019, 10:41 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a hard time believing that Kahn Scirh is worth 120. Sir Denrick is only 100 and gets a similar attack bonus, but also gets the bonding oppurtunity. Cleave does help somewhat though.

I like him!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:21 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I have a hard time believing that Kahn Scirh is worth 120. Sir Denrick is only 100 and gets a similar attack bonus, but also gets the bonding oppurtunity. Cleave does help somewhat though.

I like him!
Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 19th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugMisting View Post
i agree that flash grenade should be nerfed, it's hard enough already to land shields.
It's good, but not as good as you probably think. It already has "once per round" and "roll a 13 or higher" limitations on it. You're only going to see it used once every 3 turns, and it's a less than 50% chance of working when they do try to use it. Unless you are grouping all of your stuff up, even though you know the enemy has this ability, it's rarely going to be very devastating. Death knights have this ability added to every single normal attack, and they aren't considered amazing units, just decent ones.
Old March 20th, 2019, 01:17 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

good points
Old June 19th, 2019, 11:17 PM

It's been awhile since I posted some customs! So here's my rendition of the Ninja Turtles. I wanted them to feel a little more like classic scape than some of the other designs I'd seen. They definitely aren't mind-blowing, but I like them and would be curious to know how to improve them/make them more interesting!

Old December 14th, 2019, 06:09 PM

Just cleaned up the OP of this thread a little. Going to get some new stuff up here in a bit too! Here are the firsts of some new units I've been working on. Your feedback and expertise would be most welcome!

Agent Dashe

Cyclops Currently Unnamed

The miniature
Spoiler Alert!

I think the biggest potential problem with this guy is the interaction between the powers. Which one takes precedence first? I'm not sure the best way to clean it up to resolve order issues. Though I think Barge Into Battle would intuitively be first...

Old December 14th, 2019, 07:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool cats.

Agent Dashe
She’s effectively a cyber age ninja, which is massively cool. I like the interaction between Arc Blade and Lethal Blade; was that intentional? Since Lethal Blade modifies the enemy, not the attack, it currently lets her slice and dice (as long as she hits 3 skulls) really well. I’m not certain the X restriction is needed here, because Kumiko is a thing already. I think Tricky would be better, because she can enjoy Skahen’s Cover Fire quite a bit.

<Cyclops>
I’m not sure which effect is supposed to happen first, so you can simply state in Battleaxe Hurricane’s powertext that Barge happens first. Otherwise, nice variant of the Warhulk.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 14th, 2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Cool cats.

Agent Dashe
She’s effectively a cyber age ninja, which is massively cool. I like the interaction between Arc Blade and Lethal Blade; was that intentional? Since Lethal Blade modifies the enemy, not the attack, it currently lets her slice and dice (as long as she hits 3 skulls) really well. I’m not certain the X restriction is needed here, because Kumiko is a thing already. I think Tricky would be better, because she can enjoy Skahen’s Cover Fire quite a bit.
That was intentional, and was in my mind the pull that differentiated her from Kumiko. I don't know if you have ever played Destiny, but I was kinda going for the bladedancer class in that game. Tricky is a good idea, but I don't know if it would infringe too much on Kumiko's niche... I dunno - it already might be pushing it a little close? I'll think about that one for sure, along with your suggestion on the X order marker restriction.

Quote:
<Cyclops>
I’m not sure which effect is supposed to happen first, so you can simply state in Battleaxe Hurricane’s powertext that Barge happens first. Otherwise, nice variant of the Warhulk.
Definitely another variant of an existing unit - hopefully with an interesting twist? Okay - that's a great way to resolve the problem.

Thanks so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it!

Old December 22nd, 2019, 03:06 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

For the Agent, is the intention that Lethal Blade is in effect during Arc Blade Special Attack and/or LEA? I played it ineffect during the special attack, although both squad figures would have died anyway:

410 Points

Marshall Law

Glyphs: Wannok, Dagmar

-Dreadguls x4, Guilty, Valguard
-Agent Dashe, Nakita Agents, Gorillinators x2

Which units survived?
Valguard (5 life)
Guilty (full)

Battle Summary
The Nakitas came out round one pinging away some Dreadguls, but Guilty sniped some unprotected gorillas. Guilty tried a few shots at Dashe, but smoke powder was hot when activated. The Dreadguls got some timely charges that caught and killed one Nakita (lost one to engagement strike)

Next round with the dreadguls in close, 2 order markers were put on Agent Dashe. She activated the Arc and rolled 1/3 (block), 3/3 (killed Dreadgul), (3/3 killed Dreadgul). The dreadguls moved in and put 3 wounds on Agent Dashe. Her normal attack killed another dreadgul before Valguard moved in with height and his attack of 6 put the last few wounds on her.

The remaining gorillinators blocked the dreadgul attacks, but could not stop Valguard who bounced around killing the last nakita and the gorillas one at a time.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

-Arc Blade used once and killed 2 Dreadguls in 3 attacks. Used all 6 of the move to get those attacks
-1 Nomral attack that killed a dreadgul

Damage dealt: 3 dreadguls, 65 points

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

-Does Dashe take leaving engagement attacks during Arc Blade?
-I found it odd Arc Blade has a move of 6, but her normal move is 5. Asterios, Kumiko, and Augamo all have reduced move with this type of special attack.
-Hard not to compare her to Moriko and Kumiko although their differences (ghost walk, using the X to get the special) are pretty stark.
-The power seems like it can hit pretty hard if you can get it off, but of course you can only use it once per round. And 3 defense means she can be taken down even with the 5 life.
-Lethal Blade feels somewhat redundant with the special attack giving 3 attacks of 3. I'm not sure if they are to be used in conjunction, but with 4 attack dice it won't get used that much. I almost wonder if it would be better if her normal attack was 2 and you only got Lethal Blade during normal attacks. Might make the decision points more interesting about when to use which. As is, if you're rolling 4 skulls on her normal attack, you're killing a squad regardless and doing hefty damage to a hero probably. But it's like Lethal Sting, which is a thing so that's fine. Just my opinion. Also, nice reuse of lethal in the power!
-I like Arc Blade. I think it's reasonable 'upgrade' version of that style of power with the once per round limitation.
-I really like the look of that mini here. I almost wish she had Ghost Walk like Carr, but maybe that's too close to the ninjas?

Last edited by kevindola; December 22nd, 2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old January 20th, 2020, 07:56 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

500 Points

Attrition

Glyphs: Wannok, Dagmar

-Orzhoz, deathknights x3, Air Elemental x2, Nakita Agents
-Romans x3, 10th Regiment x2, Marcus, Ne-Gok-Sa

Which units survived?
2 Regiment
2 Romans

Battle Summary
Nakitas opened up and got some hot rolls killing Marcus and a few Romans with the 10th killing one Nakita

When the Nakitas retreated, Orz came out. He missed his first battleaxe roll which but got a kill. Smoke powder saved a few attacks, but the Regiment did some damage.

Orz got 2 kils and then took a disengage hit to get 4 attack opportunity which he got killing 2 Regiment and a Roman. Meanwhile the deathknights did work too thinning out the squads. Orz was surrouned by Ne-Gok and a squad of Romans though and though he survived with 1 life he failed the battle axe roll and died thereafter.

There were 2 nakitas left who kited quite a bit, but Ne-Gok was a tank reaching them and killing one before finally dying to mix of attacks, engagement strikes, and leaving engagements. Wannok killed the last Nakita.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

-Barge into Battle not used

-Berserker was used 4 times. 2/4 on rolling for it
-fail, normal attack killed a Regiment
-fail, 1 wound to Ne-Gok-Sa
-success: 2 targets killed Roman and Regiment
-success: 4 targets killed 2 Romans and 1 Regiment

Damage dealt: 3 Romans, 3 Regiment, 1w NGS (112 points)

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

-Orz very much outpaced the deathknights in the build as so never had any opportunity to use barge into battle. I maybe could have used a different bonder first (like setting up an Air Elemental with a vortex screen) and let the battle come to me, but I preferred to draw out some figures with the Nakitas and then hit them hard and fast with Orz. To utilize Barge I would have had to let the Nakitas get engaged first or lead with deathknights and a different bonder first.
-Once I declined to activate Orz while engagd with a Regiment AND deathknight in fear of being forced to attack the deathknight (used an Air Elemental instead)
-Barge into Battle is a bit odd on a hero since there won't be back forces being brought up by Barge ala the HSB. In thoery there are engaged deathknights spread out that he can Barge towards to get a greater variety of movement and attacks, but it didn't play out in this game and seems relatively harder to do with only 2 deathknights per squad and them being expensive so not many to go around typically.
-The image of the mini makes him look like he's wearing a helmet, but he's labaled a cyclops so I guess he is. Evil Eye instead of Barge would make a fun combo (since there are a couple of scap cyclops with that), but maybe the mini doesn't dictate it.
-He did play a lot like the ogre except at single space he was easier to maneuver and easier to avoid with friendly fire.
-He performed well and was a fun unit. Barge wasn't useful in this game although it was just one game. It might work better with a secondary melee squad where he and a strike force of DKs come in after. He did share some similarities in play to the Ogre.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards