Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:35 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Grishnakh's GenCon 2014 Pictures!!!

My GenCon Events have been accepted!

Once again I'll be participating in the art show during the day. Definetly plan to stop by and say hello. That means my gaming will be limited to the evenings. While my scheduled games are not Heroscape related I thought I'd let this community know before anyone else.

Thunder Road
Thunder Road (1986) is Milton Bradley's answer to Car Wars. Played on a huge modified road with Match Box cars. Original rules and Advance Modified rules.

Min Players:2
Max Players: 4
Age Requirement Teen (13+)
Experience Required None (You've never played before - rules will be taught)

Start Date Thursday 08:00 PM
End Date Thursday 10:00 PM

Battle Cry 150th
Played with 25mm figures on a huge map with beautiful custom terrain. We will play two (or more) scenarios, as time allows.

Min Players:2
Max Players: 6
Age Requirement Mature (18+)
Experience Required None (You've never played before - rules will be taught)

Start Date Friday 08:00 PM
End Date Saturday 12:00 PM

Super Hero City
This one is not on the official schedule. I'd like to bring it and play it Saturday night. The problem is I need to find a large table somewhere and 3-4 people that positively want to give this a spin. If anyone has any ideas about where I can set this up and play it please PM me. (Sadly, open gaming on Thursday night at the Heroscape tables would have been perfect. However, not knowing this was happening I scheduled Thunder Road for Thursday.) Anyway, it takes about an hour to set it up and will take around four hours to play, so if you commit to it it will take up your Saturday night. I will also be using my super hero cards to game this with, which I have started posting just this past week.

Last edited by Grishnakh; August 20th, 2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:13 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Grishnakh's GenCon 2014 Scheduled Events!!!

No Lost World this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 3rd, 2014, 03:49 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
No Lost World this year?
Will you be there?
Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think quozl said he would not be there. I am very interested in your Saturday game. Good luck finding a table. There are plenty of empty ones but you might get booted for taking a table you are not assigned. You may need to set up in your hotel.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:55 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think quozl said he would not be there. I am very interested in your Saturday game. Good luck finding a table. There are plenty of empty ones but you might get booted for taking a table you are not assigned. You may need to set up in your hotel.
My main problem is that it's a big setup. I've gamed in the Hyatt's lobby before with no problem. Some of the other hotel lobbies might work out. I'd have to scope it out when we get in on Wednesday morning.

Anybody else around Wednesday night? In all honesty that might be an easier night to find table space and play.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 05:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
No Lost World this year?
Will you be there?
Sorry, I gave Tornado's friend my Gencon pass. I would have loved to play some of your games with you though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 3rd, 2014, 08:12 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

We will be there Wednesday night. We are arriving on Tuesday this year. I believe Wednesday is completely open for free play, so that is a great option.

I will buy you a badge if you come quozl.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:42 AM

I would love to play on Wednesday. I will be running my RPG at 8pm every other night. Dibs on Batman and Robin!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Man I would love to play in the Super Scape game Grish. I'll have to double-check that there's no official Heroscape events at that time slot. I'll also have to make sure I can make it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:07 PM

I can guarantee three players for Wednesday and maybe a fourth.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Man I would love to play in the Super Scape game Grish. I'll have to double-check that there's no official Heroscape events at that time slot. I'll also have to make sure I can make it.
I'm pretty sure set up is Wednesday night so there won't be any events. However I'm not really a part of that so I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I can guarantee three players for Wednesday and maybe a fourth.
Let me kinda cap it at that then. If we get too many players the game will drag down and really not be fun to play. 4 players is a great number. (We can do it with 6 but the turns tend to drag a bit.)

I'll most likely just run the game, and I know my son will want to play. That leaves me 3 slots (again 5 if we want to play with 6 players).

Tornado, I'll assume you mean you and two other people?

If you can make it Capsocrates let me know. I'll pencil you in for the moment.

So let's firm up the plans as we get closer to the convention. I'll need to find a space in a hotel lobby somewhere to set up that evening, probably after dinner. Then we'll just text each other as to where to meet up. Should work out fine.
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:50 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I was referring to Saturday night. I don't know what time we'll be getting in on Wednesday (12 hour drive), but go ahead and pencil me in.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con