Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM

Kic22ker is surprisingly tart
Re: Are we being a bit too rough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
I'm getting sick of seeing so many people who haven't been here for more than two days, who have only one or two completely inoccent posts, and have "glass shatters". I think someone has been in a bad mood this week, and they've been taking it out on new members. This gives a bad impression of our community on newer site members.
This was my initial reaction as it blew up a trade for me, but in my short time here I cannot tell you how many pm's I have received apologizing for it as well. As I stated before the few bad apples are far outweighed by the good from my perspective at this point in time.
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
I have no issues with Neg Rep except I feel it should be specific. You don't have to say who you are, but do say why you gave the neg-rep in a clear manner.
Excellent point.

All rep should be specific. Negative or positive.

Whipping someone in the rump without letting them know why is always a cause for hard feelings.
Giving someone a cube of sugar without saying why, can be just as confusing.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 4th, 2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: (Where do these analogies come from? Must be someone horsing around.)
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:59 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
I have no issues with Neg Rep except I feel it should be specific. You don't have to say who you are, but do say why you gave the neg-rep in a clear manner.

Primary rule of neg-rep: The REP ITSELF ISN'T IMPORTANT. If there is a clear, concise message attached to the neg-rep, THAT'S what you should be thinking about.

~Gorthan, of the opinion that this topic coming up frequently is a GOOD thing.....

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

So am I the only one who had the urge to neg rep everyone in this thread who said "it doesn't bother me anymore"? (I didn't, by the way. I was just tempted to for a moment). I suppose that's abuse of the system, but still, kinda funny... in a trollish way. Some of them would have laughed, I imagine.

Honestly, I never really had a problem with it, but that's because I tend to only speak when I have something worth saying, and speak in complete sentences with punctuation and spelling. I tend to make reasonable, well thought out posts, with words, sentences, paragraphs, and, on very rare occasions, chapter breaks. Hence why my signature has a TL;DR for all my posts. The only time I make short posts is when I don't have a lot to say on a subject, but do have something to say.

I think a good habit would be, instead of neg repping anyone for their first, say 3-5 posts, would be a PM with some advice.... unless the post is so incomprehensible you can't advise on the subject. I've seen a few like that (none here).... and the only thing I could do was ignore them.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:44 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
So am I the only one who had the urge to neg rep everyone in this thread who said "it doesn't bother me anymore"? (I didn't, by the way. I was just tempted to for a moment). I suppose that's abuse of the system, but still, kinda funny... in a trollish way. Some of them would have laughed, I imagine.

Honestly, I never really had a problem with it, but that's because I tend to only speak when I have something worth saying, and speak in complete sentences with punctuation and spelling. I tend to make reasonable, well thought out posts, with words, sentences, paragraphs, and, on very rare occasions, chapter breaks. Hence why my signature has a TL;DR for all my posts. The only time I make short posts is when I don't have a lot to say on a subject, but do have something to say.

I think a good habit would be, instead of neg repping anyone for their first, say 3-5 posts, would be a PM with some advice.... unless the post is so incomprehensible you can't advise on the subject. I've seen a few like that (none here).... and the only thing I could do was ignore them.

That would have been hilarious! Pointless, as all of us who said that actually AREN'T bothered by negs anymore, but still hilarious.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online