Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker
New Sculpts, A rough plan

Hey folks,

I just wanted to pop in here and let the C3V and anyone else know that I have officially broke out the old modeling stuff from my Warhammer days. In the coming days / weeks I plan to begin sculpting some new figures that hopefully can be used for C3V creations.

The general idea is that I can sculpt out some figures, then make molds of them and pull figures out of those which can then be used for new heroscape. I did this with much success back when I played warhammer. If I pull alot of figures at once, the cost is actually fairly low.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I plan to start things off right, with Pirates.

I like Facts.
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:36 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: New Sculpts, A rough plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I plan to start things off right, with Pirates.
Eww, we don't want your help.

Oh, wait, that's only me who doesn't want pirates...

Haha, Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see 'em!
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
Eww, we don't want your help.

Oh, wait, that's only me who doesn't want pirates...

Haha, Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see 'em!
TBH The pirate idea is just because they are pretty fun to sculpt and I need to get back into the swing of it. It has been a little while.

I like Facts.
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:41 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm just kidding with ya, anyway! It's awesome to have access to some original sculpts!

Actually, now that you mention sculpts, we'd need painters too, if they're unpainted. I don't know if you paint, but I'm sure there's a good share of painters on here that could get together to work on unpainted minis for the community. As long as the sculpts won't need hours and hours of paint work, I'd be up for that.
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very interesting ... do we have any others with sculpting talent around who'd be interested in contributing to such a project? I'd be lying if I said the idea didn't come up ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 11th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds wonderful, however, quality is very important, more so than quantity of figures available. Can you please show some of your work?

~ Griff, who just has some green stuff coming in the mail as of last night
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

This is interesting. Are you planning on casting each figure by hand for everyone that wants one? That seems like a lot of work.

Also, if there are other sculptors interested, perhaps we can discuss creating a Sculpting Team, so that we can coordinate what you scultp with what we're actually designing.
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes, we would absolutely need a sculpting team to get this off the ground, to do some research on prices, and then figure out how many people would be interested in making purchases and whether or not it was financially feasible. If it's something we can do, though, I'm in favor. But we need to see who wants to and has the talents to pitch in first and foremost.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 11th, 2010, 05:25 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Can't offer anything in the talent department, but I will offer my $$ if I like the sculpts.

Pirates!

-insert signature here-
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM

Heh, that's about where I'm at as well, nyys.

Old November 11th, 2010, 05:54 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Question for IAmBatman and crew: If everyone serious about keeping CustomHeroScape alive (serious enough to sign up on a pre-Wave committed buyer list, once the sculpts were known, with desired figure amounts) were to become an annual Site Supporter, couldn't that SS money be used in some way to slightly defray the cost of a custom Wave? Perhaps to help in shipping multiple-sourced figures to a central location for collation/distribution as a Wave?

Demerean, have you thought about the scale of the project? Say there are 500 hardcore fans for each wave. Even with multiple molds for a figure, how long would it take you to mold one Unique figure x500?

And, with a team of painters, how long would it take to paint 500 copies of even one figure? Multiply that by 3- or 4-figure squads, and then a Wave of 20 figures. Who is that anal, and how much more would they charge per figure for painting?

Of course, painted figures are more desirable, and while I'm sure this will be an ongoing opportunity for budding entrepreneurs, I believe a better plan would be on-site painting tutorials for each figure in a Wave. I believe the days of cheap, pre-painted 'Scape are over....

Last edited by UtahScott; November 11th, 2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Can't offer anything in the talent department, but I will offer my $$ if I like the sculpts.
<- One of my fav smileys.

How about some machine gun wielding Penguins?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs