Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old July 8th, 2011, 04:42 PM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker
Why Do You Think Heroscape is the Best Game?

Why do you think Heroscape is better then Warhammer, Warhammer 40K
Warmachine, or Horde?

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Why Do You Think Heroscape is the Best Game?

No rulers, for one....

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:45 PM

Corzan is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
No rulers, for one....
Ahahahaha, true dat.

I guess because it's easy to learn, but hard to master? That seems like an overused phrase, but it's true. It's easy to be good with rats/Raelin, or Q9, or one of those other overpowered units. It's harder to be good with niche units like Dund(!) and DW9K. It harder still to be good with super-niche units such as Runa. The customizable terrain probably gives the game appeal as well. And lastly, perhaps the fact that the game is no longer commercially released may provide some appeal as a collectors item.

Kinda (sorta) taking a break from HSers. Check out Toraili, a group effort by me and I Hate Atlaga.

And if there's one thread I'll still post in, it's the Minecraft thread, here.
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:06 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Definitely with the easy/hard thing. Why I think it's best probably lies in either the terrain or cost. That terrain is seriously cool...
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -Leonardo da Vinci
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:56 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

And warhammer, etc. may be considered a lot more complicated but google "warhammer min/max lists" and you will find a mathematically calculated most efficient army for each faction that are the pretty much the only armies serious tournament competitors ever bring to tourneys. Regardless of what people say about A+ or cookie-cutter armies, there are countless possibilities for winning armies at a given tournament and therefore this proves statistically that heroscape is actually harder to master and has more strategy than warhammer.

That was the answer to your question in the post, but the answer to the post title is in my Scaper of the Week interview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
Favorite aspect of HeroScape and why?

It is easy and fun enough for previous non-gamers to get into, yet intricate enough for hardcore gamers, has cool figures from all genres, and is relatively cheap and has little to no "power creep" compared to "collectable" games
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:02 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Ditto...

Couple Simplicity with all the possible combinations of battles that can be played and the level of stategy that is offered in this game, then toss in the randomness of the dice roll.... you have real life - even the best plans fail time to time.... it is the perfect game. The machanics and flow of play are perfect... I have never played a better designed game in my life ( and that is 54 years of life )

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2021
Old July 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the themes of factions, the game's numerous mechanics, the terrain and how well everything seems to fit together.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:18 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

The only minatures game I played before Heroscape was the original miniatures game: Chess. To me, Heroscape is just a tripped out version of Chess. Since the game-pieces and game-board are constantly changing, you don't face the same boring openings that you do in a Chess match-- things are exciting from the get-go.

Adding the random dice element means that you have to play the odds and not just your opponent-- when I started playing, this was my least favorite part of the game (I can imagine a more Chess-oriented version of this game that doesn't involve dice at all), but I've learned a lot about probability from that aspect of the game-- A 1-in-20 chance of something happening doesn't seem like such bad odds anymore.

So, for me, the game is actually more complex, not less, but it's not complicated by any means, and the versatility of maps and game-play with the whole genre mash-up thing is a formula for geeking out to no end...
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:22 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Hence why Chess is still considered a classic board game after so many years.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:09 PM

silentdusty is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

It is quick and easy to learn, my kids enjoy it, my oldest daughter loves the fact that she can make custom maps, and even though some items are pricey because of their rarity, it's not an overly expensive game.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash knows what's in an order marker yamissflash knows what's in an order marker yamissflash knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:

Hence why Chess is still considered a classic board game after so many years.
Exactly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online