Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Five Custom Generals by Scaperdad

Can we expect a General Aquilla in the works or no?

It might be difficult to find a female sculpt that matches the others depending on their source.
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:32 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Awesome! Keep up the good work. I hope those kids are happy. Id be (+rep)
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:09 AM

Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker

Thanks so much to all of you for the positive feedback. I was a little hesitant to put these up, since I had read earlier posts arguing that they shouldn't be created, but now I'm glad I did. If I can get a "I never want to see Generals made for gameplay but these figures are Incredible!!!!" from Onacara, then it was all worth it.

I've gotten some great new technical feedback as well including...

A comment about resisting mind-shackling and instant destruction (ElvenEnvy). Never thought of this, but I like the idea. Seems silly that the new Ullar Kyrie hero could take out General Utgar with one roll. Not sure if I have room on the card for a "General's" symbol, but I'm definitely going to look into this one.

The above comment reminded me of something I should have put in the opening post - When we were playtesting, we decided that none of the Generals are subject to the enhancements of other figures. i.e. Raelin can't give General Jandar +2 defense. We felt that the General's should only dish out enhancements, and not receive them. Seemed to work out ok.

Another comment about Genral Aquilla...yes, I have considered making this General, but the design possibilities are WIDE open. I've not read anything about her physical appearance, so I've held off. Plus, I'm a little burned out on customs, after finishing up over 60 Marvel & DC characters. And the kids are going back to school soon, and I'm teaching a class in the evenings this fall, blah, blah, blah...
Old August 17th, 2009, 02:21 AM

Zhoom45 Woo who?

I think to limit the awesome power of these figures more that by just adding to their point cost, they should all have a special where they can only be used in an army that is all of their specific general.

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoom45 View Post
I think to limit the awesome power of these figures more that by just adding to their point cost, they should all have a special where they can only be used in an army that is all of their specific general.
Yes, I agree. I don't think Jandar would get along with Cyprien or another Utgar Unit.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:30 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoom45 View Post
That sounds like a great idea. Maybe this could be incorporated into the rules associated with the General Symbol?

Old August 17th, 2009, 09:46 AM

Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker

Actually, in all our playtesting, that's the only way we've played them. Due to the fact that most of their powers are army specific. But I like the idea of incorporating this rule into the "Rules of a General". Just need to make up a symbol now, and get it on the card. So far I've got...

1)Cannot be mind shackled or instantly destroyed (better wording?)
2) Can only be used in an army that is all of their specific faction.
3) Cannot receive any enhancements to their stats (but can still benefit from something like Smoke Powder, right?)

Yikes. List is growing...hope this doesn't get too long. Thanks again for all your help on this, everyone.
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:11 AM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I wonder if you could simply say "These figures cannot be affected any Special Abilities on any other army card". That would circumvent Acide Breath by Braxas, Mind-Shackled by Ne Gok Sa, or capped in the head by Deadeye Dan among many others. At the same time, it would make it so that they cannot recieve auras or adjacency bonuses from other figures.

They would still be vulnerable to all kinds of Special Attacks, however and good ol' regular Damage.

However, this greatly increases their survivability, and they are already extremely powerful and expensive...

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Have you considered changing Ullar's personality to precise?
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post

I'm trying to figure out what synergy that would offer... Or is it just for flavor?

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post

I'm trying to figure out what synergy that would offer... Or is it just for flavor?
Just for flavor. Jandar is already Valiant, Vydar's already Tricky, so Precise is one of Ullar's common traits. I know Syvarris and the Aubrien Archers are precise.
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:39 AM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow. These are simply amazing. I...wow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards