Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 14th, 2008, 01:58 PM

tigon001 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
10th Regiment of Foot

Hi all, I just joined up recently and wanted to greet all the 'Scapers here.

Anyways, I am stoked with the upcoming wave 8 (especially the 10 Regiment of Foot). I just can't wait to pit them against the 4th Line Mass. ala Patriot (Mel Gibson).

Any guesses on what additional specials that the redcoats may have? Perhaps the tried and tested wait and fire?

"Make ready! Take aim! FIRE!!!"

Old April 14th, 2008, 02:07 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: 10th Regiment of Foot

Okay, I'll ask...

...Where'd you hear the name?
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Okay, I'll ask...

He probably lurked for a bit before posting. It's on the site somewhere.

In that teaser that Sandra showed us, rife with strange errors, I noticed that the words Melee Defense were capitalized. This makes me believe that they might just have the same ability as the Gladiatrons (and likely one or two more). Maybe First Assault 2 and Beserker Charge? Combining Valgard and the Kozuke's abilities could be a neat counter to Wait then Fire.

Then again, since the Wolves of Badru have such unique and interesting powers, I'm sort of expecting something completely new and different with these guys, although I'm willing to bet good money that they'll be Disciplined Soldiers.

On sort of a tangent, how do you think we should abbreviate them? I saw someone write 'RoF' or 10th RoF, but I think I personally like 10th Foot to go with the 4th Mass. Also, depending on points, I think it'll be funny to make an army with them and the MacDirks, and call it the Foot Clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Okay, I'll ask...

He probably lurked for a bit before posting. It's on the site somewhere.

In that teaser that Sandra showed us, rife with strange errors, I noticed that the words Melee Defense were capitalized. This makes me believe that they might just have the same ability as the Gladiatrons (and likely one or two more). Maybe First Assault 2 and Beserker Charge? Combining Valgard and the Kozuke's abilities could be a neat counter to Wait then Fire.

Then again, since the Wolves of Badru have such unique and interesting powers, I'm sort of expecting something completely new and different with these guys, although I'm willing to bet good money that they'll be Disciplined Soldiers.

On sort of a tangent, how do you think we should abbreviate them? I saw someone write 'RoF' or 10th RoF, but I think I personally like 10th Foot to go with the 4th Mass. Also, depending on points, I think it'll be funny to make an army with them and the MacDirks, and call it the Foot Clan.
Count me a fan of the "10th Foot." I'm big on consistency.

As for speculating powers, I'd still say it's best to be careful with those wonky previews. After all, truth said that they weren't quite right (if I remember correctly from all that).

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I've mentioned before that I hope they have a power that reflects the one significant sculpt difference between the Foot and the Mass--the bayonets!

While the blurbs were difficult to decipher, there appeared to be a possible hint at some kind of defensive ability to hit/damage an opponent. At this point, as DarkBladeCB says, we can't rely too much on the blurbs and so we really don't know. But I would love to see something either along the lines of a weakened Engagement Strike or Counterstrike to represent the bayonets.

Jexik, though, is right that the term Melee Defense sure sounds more like the Glads than anything else.

Also, it would seem odd to me if they didn't have Wait then Fire, but we'll see. At this point we are pretty firmly in imaginative speculation...but hey that's fun too...
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Hi Lord Pyre. The name 10th Regiment of Foot comes from the description on housemousegames of wave 8: Soldiers and Wolves.

I MUST have at least 4 squads! June can't come fast enough!!!
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Perhaps the 10th Foot have an Encircle-type attack - due to their bayonets - much like the Ashigaru Yari do. That would be cool.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:52 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

My history is fuzzy at best so I'm not going to go so far as to say the Brits invented this but...

...wasn't there a fireing formation that they used where so many soldiers would be down on one knee with the same amount standing up but behind. One line would fire, and while they were reloading, the other line would fire, and back and forth they go (even progressing forward I think at as they went).

Migh be cool if they had some type of ability like this. Maybe somethign like after the 10th Foot fire, any four are allowed to move forward 1 additional space.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; April 14th, 2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: wording
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:57 PM

To nyys...

That power would be awesome.

"Front rank...Fire! Rear rank...Fire - Advance!!!"
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:02 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
My history is fuzzy at best so I'm not going to go so far as to say the Brits invented this but...

...wasn't there a fireing formation that they used where so many soldiers would be down on one knee with the same amount standing up but behind. One line would fire, and while they were reloading, the other line would fire, and back and forth they go (even progressing forward I think at as they went).

Migh be cool if they had some type of ability like this. Maybe somethign like after the 10th Foot fire, any four are allowed to move forward 1 additional space.
The brits did not invent that. But anyway, that would be great! A slight moving bonus would really help them go toe to toe with the 4th mass. The 10th foot(that's what I call them) might not be as strong as the 4th Mass though. The red coats had us outnumbered, but we (the colonials) still one.
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:18 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I believe Melee Defense will be exactly that of the Gladiatrons. I think they should (because of the bayonets and for symmetry and oringinality) also have "Melee Assault" or something like that, which adds 1 to their attack. Then we'd have a 2/2 ranged squad that's also 3/3 in melee. How cool would that be?!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:29 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I believe Melee Defense will be exactly that of the Gladiatrons. I think they should (because of the bayonets and for symmetry and oringinality) also have "Melee Assault" or something like that, which adds 1 to their attack. Then we'd have a 2/2 ranged squad that's also 3/3 in melee. How cool would that be?!
Quote:
The 10th Regiment of Foot may use their special Melee Defense to add an additional hit to any defense roll. This pack includes 7 painted figures and 2 army cards.
I thought they would have an adjacent tough. That may be due to my lesser understanding of Engrish. Its the additional "hit" that leads me to this. We'll all see for ourselves this June I guess

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units