Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 21st, 2009, 01:15 PM

andyhartog Woo who?
Heroscapers Etiquette

What is the proper thing to do? Do you ressurect a new thread or start a new one. It seems either way people will jump all over a person for either (offence). I'm just a little confused about it. What do you guys think. It seems easier to PM people about a question just to advoid the conflict.

Scapers of the world unite!!! And Have fun!!!

"The challenge in life is to be challenged"
andyhartog
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscapers Etiquette

If you have something valuable/valid to add, post it in an existing thread. Don't post to a 2 year old thread to say: "cool " or "wow" or "I agree". Don't post to an old thread to answer a question that is most likely no longer important or valid because years have passed since it was asked. Don't post to an old thread to say something like "Just use <New unit> instead" when <New unit> wasn't even in existence when the discussion was happening.

Don't start a new thread to ask something that, seeing as this site is several years old, has most likely been covered, such as Poll: Who's your favorite General or Syvarris Can shoot twice. If you have a question about a specific unit, post it to the Book of that Unit. If you have a legitimate question, first try to search to see if it has been answered. If you want to discuss Favorite <fill in the blank>, search to see if it has an existing thread. After you have searched, if you cannot find what you are looking for, sure start a thread about it. If you find a thread about it, and you have something worthwhile to add, post in the existing thread.

This is, of course, simply my opinion on the subject.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:31 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Uummmm...is this a joke or did you miss the Digging Up Old Posts thread 4 threads down from yours?!

Ninja'd by Cav!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:00 AM

andyhartog Woo who?

Yes I Read it, that's what confused me. But, I've read lots of times when people jump on other people for doing either.

Scapers of the world unite!!! And Have fun!!!

"The challenge in life is to be challenged"
andyhartog
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Here's my main piece of advice: don't get bent out of shape when someone 'jumps on you' unless they're an admin.* They'll let you know if your behavior is actually disruptive, or just annoying to people. Just the fact that you started this thread and are conscious of how people will react to your posts tells me that you're not the type of person that people get upset about. People get annoyed with 'the same topics coming up,' but no matter what, we're all dealing with the fact that there hasn't been that much new info or stuff to talk about in scapetown for months.

Except GenCon! Woo! I finally ordered my badge last night and I'm pretty stoked.

Just sit back and enjoy the good stuff that this site has to offer.

*Cavalier is usually quite helpful, if you take the time to read his posts and follow his links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:55 PM

Fratercula is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Here's my main piece of advice: don't get bent out of shape when someone 'jumps on you' unless they're an admin.* They'll let you know if your behavior is actually disruptive, or just annoying to people. Just the fact that you started this thread and are conscious of how people will react to your posts tells me that you're not the type of person that people get upset about. People get annoyed with 'the same topics coming up,' but no matter what, we're all dealing with the fact that there hasn't been that much new info or stuff to talk about in scapetown for months.
This is good advice.

I have to admit, I'm constantly astounded that some folks seem to get offended when people have a discussion on a forum This is an incredible site but you may just need to learn how to ignore a few specific folks, listen to the admins, take advantage of the awesome resources and do what you can to contribute back.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I'd say that the best thing to do is research the question on the FAQs, the 'books of heroscape' and then do a Search. If it still doesn't come up, if someone jumps on you to 'use search' then you can tell them that you did, what you searched for, and how far a hike they can take.

You get +Rep for that, all day long.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I'd say that the best thing to do is research the question on the FAQs, the 'books of heroscape' and then do a Search. If it still doesn't come up, ...
One of my beefs with the search function is that it wont let you use a word that is only three letters long. Now I can see the logic in this if that is the only word included in the search, but if it is only one of several words I find it extremely annoying.

For instance, you can't search on "elf archer summon" 'cause of the silly "elf" there. In fact, any question about elves can be hard to search for except with some fancy footwork (I call it doing the Search-Word Shuffle). There are other searches that have this same problem, but this one springs most immediately to mind because I had to do the "Elf" Shuffle very recently.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

KMA, Q9, and other similar terms are also offenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

The old workaround could be useful with search terms that are 3 or fewer letters. Basically put your search term in google followed by site:heroscapers.com. I tried "elf archer summon site:heroscapers.com" and didn't get this thread, so I don't know how long it has been since google indexed the site. But it would still help find older threads for sure (which is where it would really help in the context of this thread's discussion).

EDIT: I got a post from April 20, so it isn't terribly bad, it just won't help for the latest posts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion