Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 21st, 2008, 09:14 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Effect of units, on Map building!/ Effect of Maps on Units!

I had the idea for this thread for a while, and I finally stopped procrastinating on making it, after I read a great blog entry by Velenne!
He states what is so special about the road, and how to use it in the right way.

I really got to thinking about this fact, and it got me thinking more and more about how this article is so much more important this would be on the even of the new releases that could change the game forever!

No one can argue that map building hasn’t changed from 2006 until today in 2008!
From just using 1 Master set, to RttFF, to Tundra/Lava, SotM, and now to Jungle the art of map making has certainly changed a decent amount, but what usually goes un noticed, is what figures do to change the art of map making.
Take Gurie Oni, he is a great guard, that makes wide open spaces in the middle of a map, better for him when he is faced against range!
Take a look at this map:

Velenne, said this “Little Rampart creates a clogged central area that will actually end up favoring ranged units.”

But if you played Gurie Oni on this map, it would be a great help to who ever plays him, and who ever isn’t on the end of his wrath.
Now this is just one situation of how certain units, can be effected in a positive, or Negative way, just by the map!

This leads me to believe that there will never be a perfect map that fits every unit evenly, because of how much the game is evolving.

When the game was only 1 Master set, and nothing else, it was so much simpler. There weren’t any real bonuses for building certain map, except maybe flying.

Yet the certain units, that help mold the game into how great it is, also seem to mold map making! This may all seem like common sense, but some people just don’t seem to realize it, even though it’s right in front of them.

Some people build maps, to just have fun, some build them to get them entered into the BoV, and some build them just to build them. All this is affected, by what units come out, whether on a sub consciences level or just to help a unit out!

The evolution of maps is an amazing thing, but what I find even more amazing, is how the units, themselves, have so much of an impact on the maps, besides battling on them!

Shades fan!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Effect of units, on Map building!/ Effect of Maps on Uni

Nice thread Shades Fan! Good one, .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios