Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 24th, 2011, 08:14 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
<under the dome pic>

Not a big fan of King's work, but this one seemed to have a unique concept. We'll see how it goes.
I read it somewhat recently. It's not bad, just not as good as I had hoped.

--

Read Extreme Measures and Pursuit of Honor by Vince Flynn during vacation. Both perfect beach reading.

Back to 40K now and Fulgrim by Graham McNeill.

-insert signature here-
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:16 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Finally got around to reading Ghost Story by Jim Butcher, I forgot and nobody told me that it was out!!!

About 1/2 way through in 1.5 hours o.O And only halfway through I can already tell that it'll be awesome. Seriously, read this book. (It has some reeeeally big suprises)
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For a work project here at church, we are about to start reading

A classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:19 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

!! I loved Pilgrim's Progress! [Not as much as Inferno or Paradise Lost, but I am a sucker for fantasy poetry in general; one of the reasons I love Tolkien]

About 1/3 of the way through... whatever book 12 of the Wheel of Time is called.

Oh, The Gathering Storm.
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:44 PM

Gatehop-Quickfingers Woo who?

The Phoenix Unchained, first book of the Enduring Flame Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory. This is my second time through this book. I just recently got by hands on the last two installments and figured a quick re-read wouldn't be a bad idea. Just as good as the first time! Highly recommended!

-Gatehop

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Corinthians 13:4

"Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?"
-Famous Kender Proverb
Old September 11th, 2011, 10:29 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Finished "A Bridge too Far", by Cornelius Ryan... what a great study of what not to do when planning a major offensive!

And now am just starting "The Eye of the World", Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series. So far, I'm not engrossed in it... we'll see how it goes

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old September 11th, 2011, 10:30 AM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

I'm not really reading anything right now, but when Inheritance, the last book in the Inheritance Saga (Eragon) comes out in November I'm getting it right away. I do reccomend the first three to those who like fantasy.

Old September 11th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finished Dance of Dragons, and the first 2 Harry Potter books and starting the 3rd.

Enjoyed them all, but hoping that Martin doesn't take 6 more years for another book.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 4th, 2011, 06:39 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

I'm reading two books right now. 200 pages into A Storm of Swords. Also reading The Pawn - (The Patrick Bowers Files, Book 1) Didn't really want to read two books at once but I started reading the Pawn to see if I would like it and could not put it down.

Old October 4th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Currently wading my way through Crime and Punishment, by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I am liking it, but it is definitely very dark/heavy.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:25 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Haven't posted here in a while. Recent readings include:

World War Z by Max Brooks. Excellently written.
And Another Thing by Eoin Colfer. Some great Adamsian humour, but got predictable.
The Walking Dead Book 3 by Robert Kirkman. Over before I knew it because I love the series to much. Not my favorite so far, though.

And now I'm currently on

Phoenix Rising, A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris. Steampunk novel reminiscent of Sci-Fi's Warehouse 13.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Phoenix Rising, A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris. Steampunk novel reminiscent of Sci-Fi's Warehouse 13.
You reading to it, or is it in podiobook format (or even better, full cast audio drama)? I've given a couple Tee Morris books a listen, and I like his stuff.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books