Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 11th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Apple Tree/Dead Tree (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
First question: Do we want these to be throwable? If so, we want sizes and heights on them, I believe.

For the addition you mentioned, I'd just do the Evergreen side of it, since thematically that sucker isn't appearing in a jungle.

So the overall idea (just for clarity) is this is a flip card with the apple tree version starting out and the no leaf dead tree version on the flip side? Seems workable enough.

The powers on each sides are pretty straightforward and I like the interaction. Basically by the time you kill the tree you're getting the benefit of -2 move and defense, which will be worth it if someone like Nightwing has the Apple.

The only difficulty I could see is having to track who has which apple, but we can see how that feels in testing.

Possible early wording tweak:

THE TAKING TREE
A figure with this tree's Apple Marker on its card subtracts 1 from its Move and Defense numbers. When this tree is destroyed, remove its Apple Marker from the game.
Thanks for the feedback Bats! Yeah, my intentions were to have a flip card for this. Japes suggested having numbered Apple Markers. With that, you could probably just start the game by numbering the trees maybe?

I wanted the powers to be pretty simple, most of our DOs have just the one power. With this one coming in late to the game I figured having it play well with figures like Poison Ivy and stuff would be a good addition. I am totally okay with just the Evergreen call out, that makes more sense anyway.

Thanks for the wording tweak, that looks like it should work better.
Old September 11th, 2021, 06:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Um, are there magical apple trees in the comics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 11th, 2021, 06:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sure!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...d_Apples_of_Oz

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 11th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Technically, yes. The Golden apples of Iduun.
Old September 11th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hah, those too!
Old September 11th, 2021, 07:03 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Then I suggest if you want to do magical apples, base it off one of those trees.

Quote:
Old September 11th, 2021, 07:40 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Then I suggest if you want to do magical apples, base it off one of those trees.
That’s an awesome idea. I don’t think much is known about the Oz ones, though.

I think Dr. J. is going for more of a “Giving Tree” vibe here, which I think is really neat!

Seems to fit the written goals of the group well as well:

Quote:
1st draft of C3G Terrain Goals:

1) To have a collection of terrain that can be used on C3G maps for competition, scenario, and/or casual game play.

2) To have each terrain design be a collaborative effort from the C3G Terrain members while encouraging support, ideas, and effort from the entire Heroscapers.com community.

3) Maintain the position of at least 5 and no more than 11 core members who are enthusiastic, well respected, and active Heroscapers.com members.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 11th, 2021, 07:44 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Cool tree. Love the 3D design.

Not sure if I like the powers of this at all.
  • What is this special apple? Is it related to something in the comic-verse?
  • When the tree is destroyed flip this card? Ok so there is a dead tree power on the other side, but there is no dead tree on the battlefield? When an object is destroyed it's removed from the battlefield. I assume you are supposed to remove the leafage top when it is destroyed instead of removing it from the battlefield, but there are no instructions to do so.
  • Does it really have to be a magical tree?
It is taking up 3 spaces so I would want it to be a little more powerful than the ticalla trees but I'm not particularly taken by this powerset. Unless there is something that this is supposed to be representing in the comic-verse, in which case I could probably be persuaded.
Old September 11th, 2021, 07:51 PM

I would say the Tree of Life is a pretty archetypical concept in Western literature, including in the Biblical stories of Eden.

Old September 11th, 2021, 07:57 PM

I like the life/death symbology. I see when I zoom in on the pictures, there's even a little skull in the tree.

What if we did something like this?

Quote:
TREE OF LIFE

LIFE - 3
DEFENSE - 6

LIFE AURA
Figures adjacent to at least one Tree of Life add 1 to their Move and Defense numbers. When this Tree of Life is destroyed, remove the top and flip this card.
-----------------------------------------

TREE OF DEATH

LIFE - 2
DEFENSE - 5

DEATH AURA
Figures adjacent to at least one Tree of Death subtract 1 from their Move and Defense numbers.

Quote:
Old September 11th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Forum Moderator

Edit: You guys are fast!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I honestly was not under the impression that destructible objects or terrain had to have a comic basis. I was kinda just going for an invigorating apple that turned to poison when the apple tree was destroyed.

Good catch on the leafage situation A3n, I will get that clarified.

Unless you guys have any ideas you want to throw my way that would be better.
Old September 11th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Umm... I can dig it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I like the life/death symbology. I see when I zoom in on the pictures, there's even a little skull in the tree.

What if we did something like this?

Quote:
TREE OF LIFE

LIFE - 3
DEFENSE - 6

LIFE AURA
Figures adjacent to at least one Tree of Life add 1 to their Move and Defense numbers. When this Tree of Life is destroyed, remove the top and flip this card.
-----------------------------------------

TREE OF DEATH

LIFE - 2
DEFENSE - 5

DEATH AURA
Figures adjacent to at least one Tree of Death subtract 1 from their Move and Defense numbers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library