Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 20th, 2009, 04:28 PM

pixlepix Woo who?
Draft tournament

Okay this is my idea for a drafting tournament. Before the tourney a list of figures to be brought in by each person is made. All available figures are recomended and initals should be written. The TD organizes the figures into groups and assings(sp) them to certain maps. When the tournament begins players draft from tha available draft pool each game. The play then begins as normal. While this requires alot of effort, I think it would be worth the time. Thoghts are apreciated. ~pixlepix who finally found the squiggle button

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Draft tournament

I think what the DFW did is probably the best way to hold a draft.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 21st, 2009, 06:16 AM

pixlepix Woo who?

I saw that and, while it was a very good system it wasn't a true draft.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
Old October 21st, 2009, 08:28 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Im not sure I understand how it isnt a true draft. If you dont have your army set before the tourney starts and you have to pick figures from a pool that constitutes a draft. Instead of the TD assigning figs to a map like your suggesting each person will have his own pool that is combined with his opponent. This way you still have a chance each game to draft what you brought. It puts a little bit more control in the players hands. As a TD I personally wouldnt want to be the one to have to decide which map gets which pool of figs. Thats probably just me though.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 06:57 PM

pixlepix Woo who?

The entire point is that players get more control. In that tournament, the players decide what will be drafted, not giving the benifits of a true draft, namely counterdrafting and more balanced powerankings.

Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions