Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 7th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
BAD Tourney Map Challenge - Try to Make one!!!

So much discussion lately has been around making good maps...it made me think... "What if we tried really hard to make BAD tourney maps?" the whole Ying-Yang idea of if there's a "perfect" tourney map...what would a terrible tourney map look like?

Hence, I'd love this thread to be devoted to the making of BAD "tournament maps"!!!

For the sake of simplicity, we'll just say a tournament map typically is created with 1 Master Set and 2 Expansions...though of course there's variations to that...just don't go posting maps with like 3 Master Sets etc.

Anyway...might be a fun change of pace for us map makers to actually TRY to make maps that break all the rules of balance while also making a map that looks aesthetically pleasing.

Now go forth and make BAD MAPS (and post them here for our enjoyment and discussion)!!! The best, worst maps will be posted in the OP. Any maps too balanced or actually playable will be ridiculed endlessly. We want BAD maps people ;-P ( @Flash_19 you better stay away )

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 7th, 2021, 02:48 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: BAD Tourney Map Challenge - Try to Make one!!!

[reserved]

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 7th, 2021, 03:08 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heh

I'd actually been toying around with making my own map thread of nothing but terrible maps.

~Dysole, keeping an eye on this
Old September 7th, 2021, 03:26 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Hee hee!
Old September 8th, 2021, 12:09 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Don't tell me how to live my life!

Okay but for reals, here's the first version of The Crypt just for kicks.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Last edited by Flash_19; September 8th, 2021 at 12:15 AM. Reason: I'll post maps with 3 master sets if I want! ;)
Old September 8th, 2021, 11:10 AM

What the...did you just whip up those top 2 maps? or are those somebody elses? Also, build instructions please...ahaha, I'd actually want to play on those first 2 on like a home game...especially that second castle one.

Also, first version of the Crypt is easily the best version come on now.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 8th, 2021, 11:57 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lol. I'll post the build instructions in my thread. I built them forever ago - just never posted them.

Yeah... Obviously I'd never played on a map with elevated start zones..... Lol. No, the map was originally intended as a scenario map instead of a tournament map. Can't remember the details - but I'm pretty sure there were monsters down there to take out and stuff.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 8th, 2021, 01:23 PM

oh goody, old terrible maps...reminds me of the good ol days when I first started making maps. Behold! the Best of the Worst (of my maps)...!

The start zones are the stone 7 hexers...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 8th, 2021, 04:25 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
oh goody, old terrible maps...reminds me of the good ol days when I first started making maps. Behold! the Best of the Worst (of my maps)...!

The start zones are the stone 7 hexers...

I played River Gorge early on when I started playing (3 years agoish). I loved the map because it looked really cool. My army was something like the Quasatch hunters and he (who knew how to play) chose an army of 10th regiment. It was not fun! Still a cool looking map for two melee armies!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios