Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM

Gidian has disabled reputation
Gidians Customs - Update 07-08-21: Necromancer and Skeletons

Well, itīs just one custom mini, but I hope there will be some more in the future, so I startet a new thread for my custom(s).

For a few days I thought about a turtle army with different creatures and here is the first squad: The Turtle Warriors.

The idea of the Turtle Warriors is that they have a very well protected back thanks to their shell, but a weak front:

To make clear when figures are adjacent to the back and when not, I decided to use a hex-base instead of a round one (sorry for the very rough illustration, itīs a Turtle Warrior viewed from above ):

The red stripe marks the back.

I'm still not sure about the points. I think there will be three Warriors in a squad an I think about 80 Points would be ok. What do you think?

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:44 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
I really like the use of the back-front thing. You might want to add on there that the hex base must always line up with the hex that it is on. I hope to see more from you later.

P.S. I stink at figuring out point costs so i have no idea what they should cost.

Auf Wiedersehen

6 x 9 = 42

Old May 24th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Seems good, but to make the spike attack more official looking, it should read:

SPIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 Attack 4
Roll 4 attack dice once for all figures adjacent to a turtle warrior's back. Each affected figure rolls the defence dice seperately.

There's really no need to put in the "(Friendly figures only)" if an attack says all figures, it means all figures. If you had wanted it to affect enemy figures only, you could say, "Roll 4 attack dice once against all enemy figures adjacent to a Turtle warrior's back."

An a couple of nit-picks:

Defence is spelt with only 1 'f'.

The size text should be a bit larger.

Squad figures have only 1 life.

I do hope I'm not coming off as harsh. If I am, that is not my intention.

As for the point cost, with the low stats and the abilities being restricted to the 'back' of the figures, you could probably make them around 60 points.

Old May 25th, 2007, 07:56 AM

Thank you for your comments, Firemaster. You're completely right with all the mentioned points and I will change them. My German is much better than my English.

Only with the costs, Iīm not quite sure. If you take a look at this picture, you'll see the potential of this army. They can be used as perfect bodyguards for stronger characters:

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
An a couple of nit-picks:

Defence is spelt with only 1 'f'.
And spelled with an 's'

had to, no one else did.
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidian
OUCH! Put Thorgrim in the center of that circle, on a Glyph, and man... that's a tough setup.
Old June 26th, 2007, 09:04 AM

I posted a new custom figure in the terrain board, but even if itīs not a unit, it would be right in this thread as well:

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old June 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
One thing on the Turtle Warriors: You would need to make the bases hexagons, too. Otherwise, you could rotate them at any point and say "Oh look! Your figure's attacking its back!"

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old June 27th, 2007, 06:31 AM

Youīre right, but on the pictures, the bases are allready hexagons.

Btw - yesterday we played the Peaceloving Tree for the first time and it turned out very well. It adds another tactical opportunity to the game without becomming too important or being in focus for the whole game.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:07 PM

Today, I finally finished the first two customs with my new card layout. The cards are bigger than Magic cards - nearly as big as small photos, what makes them easy to file in photo casings.

I allready did the layout-frame for all colors, but I only have a complete template done for Utgar so far.

The figures are from Dreamblade and most of you should allready know them:

[EDIT] I did a few small modifications on the cards, making them not too strong.

Hope, you`ll like it.

PS. If there are any mistakes in the text, please let me know.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old July 5th, 2007, 03:03 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
All I can see are red X's.

Old July 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
On Peace Loving Tree if you leave contact with the tree after attacking then return do they still forfeit the peace lover protection

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards