Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 18th, 2015, 11:04 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
The Book of Garrett Burns

The Book of Garrett Burns

C3V Wave 6 - Crevcor's Commission - Heroes of the Dark Lakes

Printer-Friendly PDF

The figure used for this unit is a DC HeroClix figure from the Jonah Hex Battle Pack. The name of the figure used is Turnbull.

Character Bio: The law has been looking for the murderer Garrett Burns for a long time. Once, a group of three Texas Rangers tracked him to the Mexico border, and cornered him in a box canyon. Another time, two federal marshals with a local sheriff stumbled onto his campsite near Cheyenne. They didn't stand a chance; Garrett gunned them all down.

Quote:
FIGHT THE LAW
When attacking a Lawman, Garrett Burns rolls 1 additional attack die.

QUICK DRAW 13
When Garrett Burns is targeted for a normal attack from an opponent’s non-adjacent figure within 7 clear sight spaces of Garrett Burns, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, the opponent’s figure receives 1 wound.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Q. If you successfully roll Quick Draw 13 for a common squad figure, does that squad figure count as "activated" for attacking even if he/she/it did not move?
A. YES. When a figure "targets" before an attack, it is activated and counts toward a figure used during the squad's turn, even if it did not move or get to attack.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • TOMBSTONE GUNSLINGER : Outlaw Band
    As a Unique Outlaw Hero, if there is at least one Order Marker on Garrett Burns when you reveal an Order Marker on a Tombstone Gunslinger, Garrett allows him to first take a turn with one other Common Outlaw Hero you control using his OUTLAW BAND.

• TOMBSTONE GUNSLINGER : High Noon
    As a Unique Outlaw Hero, Garrett Burns allows a Tombstone Gunslinger to add an additional attack die using his HIGH NOON if Garrett is within 2 clear sight spaces of that Tombstone Gunslinger.
Synergy Benefits Received
  • ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury Aura
    As a Unique Hero who follows Utgar, Garrett Burns may take an extra turn using Ornak's RED FLAG OF FURY AURA.

• TORIN : Evil Eye Protection
    As a medium figure who follows Utgar, Garrett Burns benefits from Torin's EVIL EYE PROTECTION special power when he rolls defense dice against a normal ranged attack while he is adjacent to Torin (Garrett's excess shields count as unblockable hits inflicted by Torin on the attacking figure).
Synergy Imposed
  • FIGHT THE LAW
    When attacking the following Lawmen, Garrett Burns rolls 1 additional attack die:
  • ANA KARITHON : Protection from Evil Aura
    As a figure who follows Utgar, Garrett Burns causes small and medium figures that are friendly to Ana Karithon and within 3 clear sight spaces of her to roll an extra defense die when Garrett attacks them, due to Ana's PROTECTION FROM EVIL AURA.

• TEMPLAR CAVALRY : Righteous Smite
    As a figure who follows Utgar, Garrett Burns causes opposing Templar Cavalry figures to roll an extra attack die against him with their RIGHTEOUS SMITE special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • QUICK DRAW 13: When playing Garrett, you will naturally be mindful of figures attempting to circumvent his QUICK DRAW with a melee attack or special attack. But don't forget to also keep an eye out for those units whose normal attacks have Range of 8 or higher:

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking & Master Index
One power is niche and the other is fairly easy to work around. Still, 3 attack at 7 range. C+

Unit Strategy Review- TBA

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; January 13th, 2021 at 12:03 PM. Reason: added high-range figures and combos under Tips; moved Quick Drawe from Synergy Received to Synergy Imposed
Old May 23rd, 2015, 09:43 AM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Garrett Burns

@Just_a_Bill
@Arch-vile
Ebon Armor's Animated Materiel and Eternal War also affect Garrett Burns. The same goes for Josie Whistlestop.

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:29 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuke Boy View Post
@Just_a_Bill
@Arch-vile
Ebon Armor's Animated Materiel and Eternal War also affect Garrett Burns. The same goes for Josie Whistlestop.
Right, I considered that. But when I looked around at a few other books, it seemed like there was a practice of not including synergies that are highly common, and humans are of course everywhere. I sort of mentally categorized the Ebon Armor effect with the Viking spirits.

I guess the question is, where do we draw the line? Obviously something that targets "medium figures" or "heroes" would be pretty onerous to add to every relevant Book. Is "human" above or below the line?

To be clear, I am more than happy to make the adjustment. I want the Books I'm tending to be as complete and accurate as possible. I just wasn't sure where the boundary was. Anybody know the guidelines?

Here are the wordings I would use (copied from another Book I found, but with grammar corrections):
  • EBON ARMOR : Animated Materiel; Eternal War
    As a Unique Human, Garrett Burns is eligible to have a destroyed Ebon Armor figure placed on his army card to replace him upon his own destruction.

• EBON ARMOR : Animated Materiel; Eternal War
    As a Unique Human, Josie Whistlestop is eligible to have a destroyed Ebon Armor figure placed on her army card to replace her upon her own destruction.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old July 9th, 2017, 09:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

After looking over this army card (in preparations for an Ornak-podge), I noticed that attacks that ignore Line of Sight can also circumvent Quick Draw 13. The Mindflayer Mastermind and Cxurg'gyath can both pull these tricks off, and the Airborne Elite also get to do it (though they are often more suited to shooting at him). This does require the figure to be hiding behind an obstacle, but is still a very real tactic.

Edit: And I just realized that Quickdraw is negated by special attacks altogether anyway. Carry on.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; July 9th, 2017 at 10:53 PM.
Old April 30th, 2019, 04:09 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

Do you roll for quick draw before or after defense dice? Or do you roll it in place of defense dice?
Old April 30th, 2019, 04:26 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Before rolling defense dice. Although I'm not sure what happens if you destroy the attacking figure.
Old April 30th, 2019, 08:49 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
In the wild west....

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Before rolling defense dice. Although I'm not sure what happens if you destroy the attacking figure.
Nothing. The attack doesn’t happen because targetting comes before the attack.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 30th, 2019, 11:54 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that flameslayer is right. Quickdraw activates when he's targeted, not attacked, so the attacker hasn't rolled any attack dice yet, and if they are destroyed, then they aren't able to carry out the attack.

This could be a good R&C to add to the thread, in case anyone else has this question.
Old January 13th, 2021, 09:58 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Just_a_Bill or Mod, please add:

Synergy Benefits Offered
Tombstone Gunslinger - Outlaw Band & High Noon.
As a Unique Outlaw Hero, Tombstone Gunslinger, you may first take a turn with one other Common Outlaw Hero you control if there is at least one Order Marker on Tombstone Gunslinger, and you my add an additional attack die if Garrett Burns is within 2 clear sight spaces of that Tombstone Gunslinger.

Rulings and Clarifications:

If you successfully roll Quick Draw 13 for a common squad figure, does that squad figure count as "activated" for attacking even if he/she/it did not move?
YES. When a figure "targets" before an attack, it is activated and counts toward a figure used during the squad's turn, even if it did not move or get to attack.

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 13th, 2021 at 10:16 AM.
Old January 13th, 2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Synergy Benefits Offered
Tombstone Gunslinger - Outlaw Band & High Noon.
As a Unique Outlaw Hero, Tombstone Gunslinger, you may first take a turn with one other Common Outlaw Hero you control if there is at least one Order Marker on Tombstone Gunslinger, and you my add an additional attack die if Garrett Burns is within 2 clear sight spaces of that Tombstone Gunslinger.

Rulings and Clarifications:

If you successfully roll Quick Draw 13 for a common squad figure, does that squad figure count as "activated" for attacking even if he/she/it did not move?
YES. When a figure "targets" before an attack, it is activated and counts toward a figure used during the squad's turn, even if it did not move or get to attack.
I've added this material and made parallel changes to the ones for Josie. Please review to make sure I didn't miss anything.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Q. If you successfully roll Quick Draw 13 for a common squad figure, does that squad figure count as "activated" for attacking even if he/she/it did not move?
A. YES. When a figure "targets" before an attack, it is activated and counts toward a figure used during the squad's turn, even if it did not move or get to attack.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • TOMBSTONE GUNSLINGER : Outlaw Band
    As a Unique Outlaw Hero, if there is at least one Order Marker on Garrett Burns when you reveal an Order Marker on a Tombstone Gunslinger, Garrett allows him to first take a turn with one other Common Outlaw Hero you control using his OUTLAW BAND.

• TOMBSTONE GUNSLINGER : High Noon
    As a Unique Outlaw Hero, Garrett Burns allows a Tombstone Gunslinger to add an additional attack die using his HIGH NOON if Garrett is within 2 clear sight spaces of that Tombstone Gunslinger.

Old January 14th, 2021, 04:04 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Seems a little redundant but is consistent and clean formatting. Thanks.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 03:20 AM

Rotbab is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

After months of searching I finally found this figure. The most Difficult C3V for me to find so far.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs