Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 31st, 2021, 08:31 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Martian Manhunter I

Thanks for the explanation Dysole! I’ll use definitely use the ideas behind those builds in the future.
Old January 31st, 2021, 09:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Quick and Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Rock - Ignores abilities, usually a small number of figures, hits really hard (Most event heroes, Massed White Martians)

Paper - Throws a lot of quality attacks, often the ones that people gravitate to and look the best "on paper" (Fan 4 builds, Avengers builds, Prof X builds)

Scissors - Focused on disruptive powers and messing with the opponent's strategy (Armies that are focused around things like throwing figures into engagement with Blob, stealing OMs with Ozymandias, removing clear sight, etc.)

In general Rock > Scissors > Paper > Rock

You can hybridize some of these (Legionnaires feels like a really good example of a Paper/Scissors hybrid) but it's a real good way to think of army composition. dok and I tend to love Scissors builds while most of the community gravitates toward Paper and then you'll have people like MegaSilver who loves Rock builds.

~Dysole, hoping that's clear enough
I'd be interested to get an analysis on how Wonder Woman is Paper (I'd view her as Rock given the above definition) and how Martian Manhunter is Scissors?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 31st, 2021, 10:58 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yep

WW is a Paper with a Scissor ability. She works great in JL or Champion builds which are paper builds. It's very rare you're going to add her into a scissor army though.

MM fits so nicely into Scissors builds since a lot of them love being able to place figures where they need to be. That's the gist of it.

~Dysole, informationally
Old February 1st, 2021, 08:49 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK so Rock ignores things but only passively? Her lasso struck me as more rock (nullification) than Scissors (figure movement). But maybe I misunderstand what Rock is.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 1st, 2021, 11:37 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rock Around the Clock

Anti-Monitor is a great example of a rock. Huge Event Hero so immune to almost all annoying effects. Can literally just destroy figures. What your opponent does is kinda inconsequential; you're gonna play him the same way every time. That's kinda what I mean. A paper or scissors build is much more responsive to what the opponent does than a rock build. A rock build is just gonna truck along and do its thing.

~Dysole, hoping that clarifies
Old February 1st, 2021, 11:42 AM

OK, I think that makes some sense. Though going for Anti’s auto destroy is generally a bad play unless you have multiple targets.

Would common swarms with only one real place to put Order Markers qualify as rocks?

Old February 1st, 2021, 11:45 AM

Maybe

Not impossible but usually no. If you're throwing a lot of attacks you're more paper. Rocks tend to have a small number of big attacks.

~Dysole, who really should go find the original discussion her, dok, and soundwarp had on all this
Old February 1st, 2021, 02:32 PM

So Paper = Normal maximization of turn/attack efficiency
Scissors = Disruption of normal turn/attack efficiency
Rock = Shrugs off disruption and keeps moving forward slowly

More or less? (I do think completely tidy categories for these are difficult, since most cards and armies represent little bits from at least two areas and sometimes three).

Old February 1st, 2021, 04:07 PM

More or Less

Roughly.

Found the original from ages ago.

~Dysole, agreeing that many units/armies are hybrids
Old February 2nd, 2021, 09:30 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Old February 2nd, 2021, 09:59 AM

Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Plastic Man)

He's not one I've gotten terribly much out of. Best with Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman, naturally. Probably a 3/C for me. He's fine, but nobody I'm going out of my way to build around.

Old February 2nd, 2021, 12:03 PM

Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Plastic Man)

Yeah, he feels outclassed by his fellow stretchy guys of Mr. Fantastic and Elongated Man, and isn’t really someone I gravitate towards when looking at Adventurers. Not particularly threatening offensively, and pretty easy to ignore. He’s got solid defense for a fairly low cost at least. I’m thinking C-/2

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy