Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old May 8th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Super Hero Figures - Harley Quinn!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Hmm, I think you need this part, whereas you could get by with him not being able to Glide over obstacles:
"Batman may glide over water without stopping and pass over figures without becoming engaged."

But let me try to shorten it some:
Quote:
While moving, Batman may use Glide to ignore elevations, as long as if each space he moves onto with Glide is lower than the space where he began his Glide move. Batman must end his Glide movement in a space lower than where he started. While gliding Batman may glide pass over water and figures without stopping and [s]pass over figures without becoming engaged[s] does not become engaged. Batman may also glide over obstacles such as ruins as long as if the height of the obstacle is lower than the space where he began his Glide move.
which is:
Quote:
While moving, Batman may use Glide to ignore elevations if each space he moves onto is lower than the space where he began his Glide move. Batman must end his Glide movement in a space lower than where he started. While gliding, Batman may pass over water and figures without stopping and does not become engaged. Batman may also glide over obstacles if the height of the obstacle is lower than the space where he began his Glide move.
If you want the obstacle part in, you could probably do:
Quote:
While moving, Batman may use Glide to ignore elevations and obstacles if each space he moves onto and the height of each obstacle he passes over is lower than the space where he began his Glide move. Batman must end his Glide movement in a space lower than where he started. While gliding, Batman may pass over water and figures without stopping and does not become engaged.
That was quick! Let me take a look at this with fresh eyes in the morning. Regardless, this is making a cool thematic ability all the better.

Besides, Batman will need all the help he can get. Some of Joker's friends are up next.
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Joker's (not Grizzelnickel's) Figures - My Joker Goons!!

Joker here once again kiddies!

I threw that Grizzelnickel guy under the bus!
I'm the real brains behind this operation and I'm
taken over dis joint, one more time!!!!

Again, how DO you spell his name???!!!! GrizzPickles? BrickSack?
Anyone gotta clue here? Anyone?

Now, untie me Boys!

(To see the complete entry visit the first page of this thread.)

Joker Goons posted.

Last edited by Grishnakh; May 14th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Personal *Griznakh Favorites* through playing or fighting them:

Good: Wonder Woman and The Amazons

Evil: Poison Ivy and her Terror Vines, Loki
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Titleless

Batman updated with new text for his Glide ability.

Capsocrates: I think the new text for Batman works really well. I dropped the "Batman must end his turn on a lower level" bit since that was a bit redundant. The new text is tight but it all fits. I'm definitely open to any additional suggestions!

One of the things I had thought about doing was placing any additional rules on the back of the cards. That would keep someone from having to refer to a booklet of additional rules, and keep everything neatly together. I've hesitated to do that since some people won't want to put the cards together the way I'm suggesting they do, in a CD sleeve. Plus it's a bit of a slippery slope and could get out of hand. Once I start I would only want to use it in extreme situations.

I almost did this with Batman. But you were able to condense the text down enough that I think it fits fine. I'll be curious what others think.

Thinking out loud here - maybe I'll just go ahead and do it both ways. Those who don't want to add the card backings will just have to refer to a small booklet of additional rules. I know I will probably be adding a small rule section on the back of some cards when I get to characters that have some sort of mind control ability. I've tinkered with the rules slightly to make them more fun to play (at least I think so).

Anyway, thanks for you work on this. I think Batman is a stronger card because of it!
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Personal *Griznakh Favorites* through playing or fighting them:

Good: Wonder Woman and The Amazons

Evil: Poison Ivy and her Terror Vines, Loki
Terror Vines? What the heck is that?

You giving away my secrets Chas?
Old May 8th, 2014, 10:18 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Batman updated with new text for his Glide ability.

Capsocrates: I think the new text for Batman works really well. I dropped the "Batman must end his turn on a lower level" bit since that was a bit redundant. The new text is tight but it all fits. I'm definitely open to any additional suggestions!
Ah, good catch. It looks good, I like it.

Quote:
One of the things I had thought about doing was placing any additional rules on the back of the cards. That would keep someone from having to refer to a booklet of additional rules, and keep everything neatly together. I've hesitated to do that since some people won't want to put the cards together the way I'm suggesting they do, in a CD sleeve. Plus it's a bit of a slippery slope and could get out of hand. Once I start I would only want to use it in extreme situations.

I almost did this with Batman. But you were able to condense the text down enough that I think it fits fine. I'll be curious what others think.

Thinking out loud here - maybe I'll just go ahead and do it both ways. Those who don't want to add the card backings will just have to refer to a small booklet of additional rules. I know I will probably be adding a small rule section on the back of some cards when I get to characters that have some sort of mind control ability. I've tinkered with the rules slightly to make them more fun to play (at least I think so).
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you would have a little rulesheet with an explanation of all the shortcut phrases and any rules that don't show up on the cards, and then each card would also have an optional back that would include any of the shortcut phrases and rules relevant to that specific card? That sounds like a great idea to me.

Quote:
Anyway, thanks for you work on this. I think Batman is a stronger card because of it!
I'm glad I could help!

--

I like the goons--looking forward to seeing more.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:45 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Griz,

No, I'm suggesting cards to post next, all of which which will resound much to your greater glory! Wait'll they see a flip card!

BTW, I'm fine with adding rules on the back-your character background info doesn't usually take up the whole back anyhow, but already presents a second side.
Old May 8th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grishnakh: Cooler than the other side of the army card.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 8th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Titleless

Of course I'll be posting Joker tomorrow. As you'll see combining him with the Goons, along with Harley, makes a fun little group to play.
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:12 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Joker's (not Grizzelnickel's) Figures - Joker Goons!!!

I love your cards! The giant pics are awesome!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 9th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Titleless

Re: Joker's (not GrizPickle's) Figures - It's Finally Me! Jo

Joker here once again!
My Goons have untied me and I'm finally here!

Harley just finished taking out that Grizzelnickel
guy so he won't be bothering anyone again!

Now everyone knows I'm the real brains behind this
operation and I'm taken over dis joint,
one more time!!!!

So kiddies, here's ME!!!

Again, how DO you spell his name???!!!! GrizzPickles? BrickSack? Shrek?
Anyone gotta clue here? Anyone?

(To see the complete entry visit the first page of this thread.)

Joker posted.

It can be said that the Joker is the number villain in the DC universe. I wanted him to be fairly deadly, but I also wanted to up his survivability. Pair him with his Goons, and Harley Quinn, and you have a tight little group that can cause all kinds of havoc on the battlefield.

This card is the first that offers expanded rules on the back. To place all of the text for Explosive Marbles on the front of the card would take up so much room that I'd have to leave other special abilities off, severely lessening the fun of playing the character. The most important text of the special attack is included on the front so that it won't slow down game play.

Definitely read the back of his card. There's a paragraph that describes what some of the forms his Deadly Comic Props can take. Even though Heroscape is a "board game" you are playing with known characters and their personalities can shine through when you play them. So rather than just rolling some dice and announcing how many skulls you get, add in the fact that it was because of a cream pie filled with nails that caused the damage! That's more fun!

Last edited by Grishnakh; May 14th, 2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old May 9th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Titleless

Re: Joker's (not GrizPickle's) Figures - It's Finally Me! Jo

GrizzPickles here, sorry, I mean Grishnakh. I just did a small update to Harley Quinn to reflect the expanded rules on the back for her fuse bomb special attack. Nothing else was changed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations