Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:24 AM

blitz has disabled reputation
I just got spanked. Hard.

I have never been beaten so flat and sound in my life, but I just got my head handed to me on a platter.

I picked up the Esenweins a few days ago, and we thought we'd give them a try. As usual, new units are always tested under a 2-to-1 handicap to see how long they hold up. This time we were using a lot of hills in a rescue mission; reach the hex where Gwyn is at on the far side of the map and win the game.

I took Thorgrim, Finn, Eldgrim, Raelin v1, Kelda, Crixus, Kaemon, and a squad of Tagawa Archers just in case. Against this is Cyprien, Sonya, Marcu, Iskra, Isamu, a squad of Rechets, and a squad of Tarns (gotta have those minions).

Archers and Kaemon take a hill while Finn and Thorgrim advance. Crixus is blocking the right-side approaches. The Tarns are coming right down the middle, but still out of range. Iskra is following close behind them.

My world is suddenly filled with Rechets. I lose my entire archer squad in one round, and Kaemon is engaged from a height. I shift Finn and Raelin to take the pressure off. I kill off the last just in time to have Kaemon tear into the Tarns (who have since come far far closer than is comfortable).

Marcu hits Crixus... hard. Before I can do anything about it, Cyprien has arrived where the rechets used to be. Faster than you can say "Chilling Touch," Raelin and Kaemon have both been sucked dry and Finn is not long for this world. I shift Eldgrim and Kelda to support Finn, but Cyprien leaves and finishes off Crixus, undoing the measly hit that Finn had inflicted.

I can see which way the wind is blowing, and kck Eldgrim and Thorgrim at full throttle toward the hill where Gwyn is being held. No luck for me; the Tarns and Marcu catch up. Two dead viking champions.

While Cyprien is busy killing off Finn, I send Kelda around the right side. I figure that I can at least get to the back half of the field before they catch up, and I'm more than willing to take a few disengagement strikes if it will put me in arm's reach of Gwyn...

... and then I run head-first into Isamu who has spent the entire game waiting behind this little hill. Big hurt. It was almost anticlimactic when Iskra finished off Kelda's last life.

I lost everything, 625 points, and all I did in return was kill three Tarns. I'm so ashamed. I feel like the buffet at Golden Corral after the Sunday church rush.
Old November 4th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: I just got spanked. Hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz

My world is suddenly filled with Rechets.

I feel like the buffet at Golden Corral after the Sunday church rush.

Old November 4th, 2007, 09:38 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Awsome report! Next time maybe you should use the vampires.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old November 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: I just got spanked. Hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz
I shift Eldgrim and Kelda to support Finn
Ouch. You know it's a bad day when the best you can do is support Finn wth Eldgrim and Kelda.

I suppose it could have been worse: "That's when I brought up Isamu and Kyntela to support Khosumet."
Old November 5th, 2007, 09:04 PM

blitz has disabled reputation
At that point I'd have thrown the Easter Bunny and Jiffy the Sock Puppet into the fray if it would have helped.

Blood Makes the Grass Grow!
KILL! KILL! KILL!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports