Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old May 9th, 2010, 09:18 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker
Re: Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Actually, I think that Aqua tail has 90 power, while Waterfall has 80 power. Aqua tail also has less accuracy (like you said). Waterfall can also make the opponent flinch.

I like Waterfall more.
Oh, yeah, you're right. Still, I like Waterfall more, unless you're fighting under heavy gravity or against a No Guard Machamp (in which case the accuracy becomes a moot point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No guard gives all of Machamp's moves 100% accuracy. It doesn't make every move hit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:18 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
No guard gives all of Machamp's moves 100% accuracy. It doesn't make every move hit it.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/No_guard
It makes every move used either by Machamp or aimed at Machamp hit 100% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
So what is everyone using to take on the Battle Frontier? I'm using Espeon, Ampharos, and Guarados. They actually wok pretty well together. Espeon has great stats and can protect the others. Guarados can use rain dance. Making it's aqua tail devastating and garunteeing the accuracy of thunder from Ampharos.
I thought I might point out here, Waterfall > Aqua Tail. Same power, but better accuracy and PP if I'm not mistaken.

It's great that they wok together though. Nothing like making Chinese food as a team.
Actually, I think that Aqua tail has 90 power, while Waterfall has 80 power. Aqua tail also has less accuracy (like you said). Waterfall can also make the opponent flinch.

I like Waterfall more.
Now it's been a while since I've played a pokemon game so I could be wrong, but I believe there is one more difference. Aqua Tail is a physical move, while waterfall is a special move. Which would mean Aqua Tail is better for pokemon with high attack (which Gyarados has) and Waterfall would be best for Pokemon with high special attack (which Gyarados does not have).

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:01 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

In response to Firemaster:

Waterfall was changed to a physical move in the 4th generation to differentiate it from its HM counterpart Surf. If I'm recalling the description correctly, Waterfall is actually a charging attack.

Aqua Tail was given to some other Pokemon (AKA those with tails) for added coverage.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, I know that there are some really weird instances of Pokemon learning Aqua Tail. Aggron and Dratini/Dragonair can both learn it I think.
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Guys. All the trades that have been offered me I can now finish. Tell me when ready to trade.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:39 PM

I feel cool being able to be the first to say this.

The new starter Pokemon- full pictures, not silhouettes- have been revealed. The news is all over the internet, so go to your local games site and check it out!

Only the grass starter looks interesting this time, though- the other two are below average. /shrug I'll let you all decide for yourselves, though.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

From left to right, Tsutaja, grass, Pokabu, fire, Mijumara, water. The water-type is apparently an otterish animal, fire is a pig, grass is a gecko/raptor. The water one is my favorite.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It would have been nice to link an image

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:15 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Didn't see that. O.K, the pig is now my favorite. Unless the otter evolves into some amazing looking sea otter.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
It would have been nice to link an image
Meh, I'm terrible with links on this website. The posting doesn't work half the time O.o

But for your quick reading convinience...

http://www.gamesradar.com/ds/pokemon...04091000657031

A Gamesradar article detailing the information found in the magzine. http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml also has the news on its front page. Uh, the images are there... though, you know, they're already here.

All the articles I've been seeing basically have all the same information. The new moves and abilities sound pretty interesting- neither of them sound too powerful, and only Trickery feels like a new idea- Claw Sharpen is just another stat-boosting move. It's nice to finally know more about Zoroark for once as well, though, like all the articles are saying, we don't really know how this "Illusion" is any different than having an upgraded Ditto.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games