Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old July 8th, 2006, 09:20 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Doesn't anyone else worry that if the line can't be found at local stores, it will eventually cease to be?
Well that depends on the ratio of Cyber vs. BnM and the cost point they sell to each at. They might sell a butt load to Wally World but at a slimmer profit margin. Maybe they make some bigger coin selling to the Cyber sellers. Who knows.

Am I afraid about the game ending? Not really. I think I would be bummded (sp) about no new terrain...but the possibilities and combinations with the current units is more than a life time worth of gaming. I mean no disrespect when I say this but it's just a game. Gaming to me is about hanging out having some beers and having a GOOD time. So Scape folds. There is always a new game around the corner that I haven't yet played.
I doubt it would survive via web only. To get the higher margins with online sales I am sure Hasbro needs the Wal-Mart/TRU production volume.

And you are right, enough HS stuff has been released to play for years to come.
Old July 8th, 2006, 09:26 PM

ptucker78 has disabled reputation
I don't know if I would say that the ratio of BnM to On-line sales would really tell us anything. On-line I've been able to buy all of the pieces I wanted (and at higher prices + shipping), and I have not been able to find any of the latest expansions at traditional stores. Had the local Targets, Wal-marts or even TRU had the wave 4 expansion, the Tundra, or the Raknar's vision I would have bought them there instead of on-line. Just my 2 cents. Can I have my change now?
Old July 8th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't anyone else worry that if the line can't be found at local stores, it will eventually cease to be?
Well that depends on the ratio of Cyber vs. BnM and the cost point they sell to each at. They might sell a butt load to Wally World but at a slimmer profit margin. Maybe they make some bigger coin selling to the Cyber sellers. Who knows.

Am I afraid about the game ending? Not really. I think I would be bummded (sp) about no new terrain...but the possibilities and combinations with the current units is more than a life time worth of gaming. I mean no disrespect when I say this but it's just a game. Gaming to me is about hanging out having some beers and having a GOOD time. So Scape folds. There is always a new game around the corner that I haven't yet played.
Heretic!

Old July 9th, 2006, 12:07 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:

Of course its just a game....that wasn't my point. What does that have to do with whether or not the line can survive by online alone?
Old July 9th, 2006, 02:50 AM

Sundance Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie
Sundance,
Which Target? - I may check them out for more bargains.
It's the Lakeside Target at 44th and Sheridan. I get the feeling it was just a pricing error. But i'm gonna' run by there Sunday just to double check that theory.
Old July 9th, 2006, 08:12 AM

cavie Woo who?
pm me if you find more pricing errors and product left. I don't think I can let a master set go by for that price even though I didn't plan on getting more.
Old July 9th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
Heretic!
Nah I see myself as more of a ramble rousing, button pushing trouble maker whose job is to make folks look at the big picture or as Al says the inconvenient truths.:P

Quote:
Of course its just a game....that wasn't my point. What does that have to do with whether or not the line can survive by online alone?
What that means is some folks are taking this too seriously. It's not life or death....it is a game, a game desigensd for kids that most of us have made our own.

To me gaming is not about a particualr game, it's about the experience you have while gaming with those around you. I'm not talking winning or losing. I'm talking about having fun.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales