Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 23rd, 2021, 05:37 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Schismatic's Customs -12/23 *New Pak* Explorers of Mulfr

I like Anoosh Kiva the most.

Old December 30th, 2021, 02:56 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Hey!
I like how these customs are coming together! Lots of good work!
Sul Katesh seems super cool. She looks and feels like a much better morsbane/atlaga. Banish is a super cool power, I really like how you can only attempt it 3 times, that's a great way to balance such a strong power! My only question is are her stats to strong? When compared to quahon, who is priced the same, she has the same life, with better defense, base attack is less, but she has better range over all. Mobility wise, she lacks flying, but I assume she is a single based figure which helps a ton with positioning. She also has a special attack that is very similar to neilfiem. Essentially, she has a really solid chance to be a dominant force on the board. 190 is a lot of points, but, she has every tool to be a top tier unit, very tanky, strong base attack, (with Range), ranged special attack that can attack multiple times, as well as a very intimidating special that can just erase something from existence. No bonding or synergies helps a lot, but she seems quite powerful. I do not think this is a bad thing at all! I just wanted to share my perspective. I would need to test against someone other than myself in order to say for sure just how strong she is, but even a defense drop to 3 in my opinion could fix any balancing issues that might come up. I say all this because I think this design is awesome and unique! Love it!
Old December 31st, 2021, 04:21 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@KnightOfLight
Thanks for the feedback! I never felt quite finished with Sul but eventually layed the design to rest. Bringing up these points, I could see need for a slight point bump. 5-10 points? It was maybe 2-3 games in a row that I last play tested her where she banished a 200 point figure ha. Not good tests. Besides that, she usually could take on quite a bit, but with the 7 life, 4 defense I eventually settled on, she went down fast enough (without boosts) and not too quick, as I wanted her to be a sturdy (legendary) character.

There is an interesting pattern/dynamic that I started to notice when looking at the different Kyrie heroes. When you look at the ranged Kyrie heroes with double attack, Calibrax and Tyrian, they have 1 less life than the usual 5. There may be some background to this, but I think it has something to do with balance. For that reason, I could see Suls defense possibly dropping to 3. I do lean towards a double base with flying being slightly better than a single base without, but that only lets Quahon equal Suls defense, so… I’m not certain about a 3d 7l change on Sul.. maybe a 3 8.

Banish, I'm not sure how to factor into her value. As with other similar abilities, most of the time it would be adding some value without getting used, and then there are the occasional redemptions. It’s pretty close to Grabermund as well, except limited use, unlimited choice. Arcane arrows isn’t great unless there are multiple options in close range. A bit more of a squad counter. Yea, playtesting with someone would be great for less biased results.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; December 31st, 2021 at 04:45 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 12:48 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
@KnightOfLight
Thanks for the feedback! I never felt quite finished with Sul but eventually layed the design to rest. Bringing up these points, I could see need for a slight point bump. 5-10 points? It was maybe 2-3 games in a row that I last play tested her where she banished a 200 point figure ha. Not good tests. Besides that, she usually could take on quite a bit, but with the 7 life, 4 defense I eventually settled on, she went down fast enough (without boosts) and not too quick, as I wanted her to be a sturdy (legendary) character.

There is an interesting pattern/dynamic that I started to notice when looking at the different Kyrie heroes. When you look at the ranged Kyrie heroes with double attack, Calibrax and Tyrian, they have 1 less life than the usual 5. There may be some background to this, but I think it has something to do with balance. For that reason, I could see Suls defense possibly dropping to 3. I do lean towards a double base with flying being slightly better than a single base without, but that only lets Quahon equal Suls defense, so… I’m not certain about a 3d 7l change on Sul.. maybe a 3 8.

Banish, I'm not sure how to factor into her value. As with other similar abilities, most of the time it would be adding some value without getting used, and then there are the occasional redemptions. It’s pretty close to Grabermund as well, except limited use, unlimited choice. Arcane arrows isn’t great unless there are multiple options in close range. A bit more of a squad counter. Yea, playtesting with someone would be great for less biased results.
Yes! Those are all great points, I think 3d 8l would be optimal, but I think it’s super close! I think because banish can only be attempted 3 times, it shouldn’t factor to hard into the point total. The best example I can think of is negoksa and keemoshi. Negoksa has a 5% chance to take control of unique cards, however 6d 5l is super tanky. He is 90 points, 5 move is average and 3 attack is slightly below average on heroes. Keemoshi on the other hand has a 10 percent chance, that is doubled, but still only 10%, her stats are not nearly as defensive as negoksa’s, 4d 4l is quite frail, and while you do get 4 attack, and toxic skin, in my opinion, the best thing about those characters is getting a mindshackle off which is hilarious. And on average because of how long negoksa can last, his 5% chance should happen more often because you roll more times than keemoshi. All that to say point wise one is 90, one is 130, I do not understand why keemoshi is 130, if I were to play mindshacke I would never use keemoshi. Strong abilities can only do so much when your stats don’t matchup, and the same can be said from the other spectrum. I guess what I’m trying to say is that good specials plus good stats is a strong character! 200 points or 195 would also work in my opinion, one nice thing is the lack of synergy, Braxas is so scary because of green scales, because Braxas whiteout a screen can die really fast! But Braxas with a screen can kill tons! She is very simpler to sul, similar range, similar scare factor, and similar points! I hope that makes some semblance of sense.
Old January 4th, 2022, 05:51 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Pendant of Air Aura for Rudolph Raptorclaw should read "leaving engagement attacks" instead of "disengagement attacks." Otherwise it looks good!

Old January 4th, 2022, 05:05 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Pendant of Air Aura for Rudolph Raptorclaw should read "leaving engagement attacks" instead of "disengagement attacks." Otherwise it looks good!
Thanks for catching that!
Old May 6th, 2022, 07:39 AM

Re: Schis'' Customs -5/6 Oerthenne's Dissension

A few last customs I had been stirring on before quitting. This could be the last you see of me here.
Without further ado, I present.

OERTHENNE'S DISSENSION

HEROES OF THE VALLEY OF SKULLS

CASCADES-

Figure: Gorgon from Monsters of Tal Dorei
sidenotes:
Quote:
There was another giant figure in the set I also wanted to include in this set with a Moltarn synergy, but I never bothered getting either of these figures and was not inspired to come up with a synergy there. Legendary Resistance is based on a real dnd ability and reminiscent of Asterios' Legendary creature 3 and function of Iron Golem's Iron Tough.

HEROES OF THE SLUMBERING GLADE (ATHENOEK)

ASTREA THE KYRIE WARRIOR-

Alt pose card
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Quote:
Lady Vol #33 Eberron Rising from the Last War
sidenotes: I was drawn to this figure by it's similarity in look mostly from wings to Calibrax and Andask. Difficult to find a place of difference among the other Kyrie, I decided to give her a defensive edge, went in similar direction to Andask and was inspired by the Greek Goddess Astraea, "Starry Maiden, Starry Night", who is seen wielding a scale.
Retromomentarispectively I might have changed the ability name to scale of fate or something or the other.
MYCONID GUARDIAN-

Figure: D&D Icons of the Realms The Wild Beyond the Witchlight #010 Myconid Adult
sidenotes:
Quote:
This figure looks very nice on the board. I felt like I landed on the correct numbers and stats. Most similar to a fire elemental with a bit of extra spicy depth on the abilities. I wanted to theme it appropriately between real fungal function and the dnd myconid fantasy style. Amanita muscaria have an interesting history in human culture and are lesser studied on their psychoactive effects. They are most recognized for their imagery in the Mario series, and theorized to hold some roots in Christmas themes. They are a shamanic and introspective tool not currently in illegal category to possess.

GUARDIANS OF AQUILLA

SYNDRA-

Figure: Cloud Giant (sword) - Legendary Adventures #32B Pathfinder Battles D&D Miniature
sidenotes:
Quote:
Was designed alongside my other Aquilla packs. Really like how this figure looks on the field. Fits on Large single base. Imposing personality could have been used here after my debut use of it on the Harbingers.
JURANI-

Figure Name: Ajani Goldmane Premium figures, magic the gathering wizkids
sidenotes:
Quote:
A figure I awaited a while for and was disappointed by it's facial features from what I've seen compared to it's promotional imagery. Simple fun custom design that fit into the guardian category.

VALKRILL'S THIRST

DESSOUS-

Figure: Nosferatu - Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft #11
sidenotes:
Quote:
Another figure I was very disappointed by it's face once seeing after it's release. Went from sinister to messy nasty. The pose seemed cool and tried to make improvements off some of my "Gregog, The Ghast Lord" design.
Pairs with
BAT SWARM-

Figure: Any Bat swarm. Kingmaker #3 -(Fav version), Monster Menagerie #26

And lastly,
NEUST-

Figure: Strigoi - Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft #5 D&D Icons of the Realms Miniature
sidenotes:
Quote:
My favorite of my last designs. Assimilar to another figure we all know and love, Marcu Esenwein. Valkrill's variation and Nicholas Esenwein's crony, he ensures a nice 5% boost for the eratic Mindlass Pack ability of the thralls. I almost wanted to make this a +2, but with his current stats and price range, which I wanted to stick to, this was where the design had landed and I love what it was able to pull off thematically and mechanically.

Last rites
Once upon a time this website was an enigma to me. It was nice to finally find a place amongst it and to fulfill loose ends of my Heroscape dreams. I made customs I love and formed many as a test to my creativity and gain mindset for game development. I would have loved to have made a contribution to the SoV but my own enjoyment and confidence in what I've done is all that matters. To some who were kind, helpful and treated me as equal, you have my eternal thanks. Others who were deceiving, discouraging, or maneuvered me with slight, I have little to say. The pendatism and setness in ways has really changed how I view the current condition of the continuation of this game and those who direct or influence it. There are so many awesome figures to make customs with these days and I hope you all fulfill any of those needs for your own selves. I will still look forward to all that comes to be with a cautious eye.
The current state of the world is fickle. Enjoy what you can while you can, keep your loved ones close and be prepared for what changes may come.
With compassion,
Be well, Be real.
Your friend, Tristan.
Old July 10th, 2023, 09:33 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Schismatic’s Customs

Lots of cool stuff here!

Quote:
LÖSK - 115
Spoiler Alert!
This one stands out to me as a solid predator design.
Old July 10th, 2023, 12:26 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Schismatic’s Customs

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
Lots of cool stuff here!

Quote:
LÖSK - 115
Spoiler Alert!
This one stands out to me as a solid predator design.

Agreed!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards