Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 11th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Doctor Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoxe1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Why do Europeans seem to have a bizarre horror of what is after all just a normal part of life: death, war, violence, and the like?
Is "Strawman" a new C3G figure you've designed?
Says the guys who jumped into a thread and lumped 319 million people into one boat with a ridiculous statement.

I mean, I agree with you a little that there are some very prudish people in the US, but a family website for a game aimed at children is a weird place to take a stand about that. Do children's television shows in Europe regularly show nudity?

More on topic, sweet art find, johnny! Do you know who the artist is?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 11th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why do Europeans seem to have a bizarre horror of what is after all just a normal part of life: death, war, violence, and the like?
Is "Strawman" a new C3G figure you've designed?
I think it's a collaborative design. Thank you for your input!
Joke's on you, there is a character named Straw Man. He's actually a pretty obscure Marvel character (sorry Bats) who I had a writeup for stashed away. I may have to take another look at him now, because I remember that he had some pretty neat abilities.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 11th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
More on topic, sweet art find, johnny! Do you know who the artist is?
Kevin Tong - he usually does band/movie posters, from what I can tell, and is very good at it. Unfortunately the Dr. Manhattan poster was a limited print run that sold out years before I even saw it... so very disappointing.
Old May 11th, 2016, 10:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't mind Marvel characters.

And, yeah, our country has a lot of Puritan roots (they were fleeing religious persecution in Europe) that created a prudish throughline in our culture. But we also have a contradictory love of freedom and individual expression. Makes for an interesting mishmash.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 26th, 2017, 02:50 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

C3G is an amazing piece of work! I need to look up what an Event Hero means beyond just having a lot of points. My son plays Dr Manhattan all the time and wins all the time. I dont mind, he is loving it, but wondered out of curiosity if 500 points was considered fair for players who play "for real", and if so, please suggest a 500 point combo using only C3G (ie superhero) that has a reasonable chance against Dr.M. I only have the base game and Marvel base game now, so I could also try a 500 point classic scape team out. I'm quite curious because DM is pretty awesome and even seems to have the edge on eg an 825 point Asgard Destroyer card I found on this site somewhere (though that is also very tough and very cool to play).

In the long run, I'll also need to look more into ways of making scenarios with lower power heroes and also generic grunts and more mission based stuff to avoid it just being a toe to toe between each teams top dog (though thats quite thematic).
Any good ideas for that would be welcome also, stuff like limiting how often you can use your top hero, or makeup of sides (was thinking something like having 3 heroes with points beginning with 100, 2 with 200, and only 1 of 300 or more for example)
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
C3G is an amazing piece of work! I need to look up what an Event Hero means beyond just having a lot of points. My son plays Dr Manhattan all the time and wins all the time. I dont mind, he is loving it, but wondered out of curiosity if 500 points was considered fair for players who play "for real", and if so, please suggest a 500 point combo using only C3G (ie superhero) that has a reasonable chance against Dr.M. I only have the base game and Marvel base game now, so I could also try a 500 point classic scape team out. I'm quite curious because DM is pretty awesome and even seems to have the edge on eg an 825 point Asgard Destroyer card I found on this site somewhere (though that is also very tough and very cool to play).

In the long run, I'll also need to look more into ways of making scenarios with lower power heroes and also generic grunts and more mission based stuff to avoid it just being a toe to toe between each teams top dog (though thats quite thematic).
Any good ideas for that would be welcome also, stuff like limiting how often you can use your top hero, or makeup of sides (was thinking something like having 3 heroes with points beginning with 100, 2 with 200, and only 1 of 300 or more for example)
Here's the bit from the Event Heroes Rulebook thread:
Quote:
EVENT HEROES
This rule, although optional, should always be used when playing with a C3G Event Hero. The main thing to remember about Event Heroes is that because they are a different type of hero, they are not susceptible to powers that specify Unique or Common Heroes.

EVENT HERO SPECIAL RULE:
When selecting cards to put in your Army, you cannot select two of the same Event Army Card. Event Heroes are never destroyed without first taking enough wounds to be destroyed. If a terrain rule or a special power on any Army Card, Glyph, or Destructible Object would automatically destroy an Event Hero, that terrain rule or special power instead inflicts 4 wounds on that Event Hero. Players may never take temporary or permanent control of an opponent's Event Hero.

EVENT HERO CLARIFICATION - Event Heroes may not pick up Equipment Glyphs. Equipment Glyphs may only be equipped by Unique Heroes.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
This is one I've never actually played so I can't help you on that part but what I can help you with is this last bit...We have had games at our house where there was a max point per unit cost. They turn out really well. 200 point cap on each unit makes for a great Gotham City battle for instance. Also the JSA release not long ago has a lot of figures at the lower price that work well together. The versatility in this game is the reason we still play it today.

Also try scenarios where you don't need to go toe to toe and fight to the death (OR Knock Out as it's called in our house to appease my wife. It's a comic after all...no one every really dies.)

Escape scenarios are fun where one team defends an extraction area while the other team tries to get to that point...perhaps just make one unit the key figure that needs to get to the point and the rest of the team has to protect them.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:34 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:

First, is he only using Dr. Manhattan? If so, then his first power should never come into play. If not, his second power makes him gradually less and less useful, so target his weaker characters first to force him to roll for Apathy every turn and make Reconstitute null and void. Lastly, make sure you are using the Round counter correctly. He should be subtracting 1-12 each round meaning a roll of 5-16, respectively would cancel his turn. I'd team the Atom and Supes (450) up against him. Captain Marvel and Billy are also nice for 450 (as I recall) for that auto wound power.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The trick to Manhattan is that really, he's pretty slow. 7 Attack per turn is huge, but with Apathy, you can lose a lot of those turns throughout the game, and at best, it's three attacks per round.

So really, you just need to make sure he wastes those attacks. Send in swarms of squads or cheap units. Or people like Spider-Man that can keep him busy.
Old December 26th, 2017, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the tips!
Hes never had DM on his own, but with 1 or 2 sidekicks. To be honest though, he has what 9 defence, so its been hard to take him out, and of course he did come back to life the one time I did it (again, not complaining, I am more than happy to take a beating to keep the kids happy). We have not been playing with a round counter, and on the card I have I dont see a round based effect, hes at 500 points, maybe I have a random fan card thats not official - on my card, his apathy only kicks in on 16+ or is it 18+, something like that.

I think I'll start by printing out the C3G versions of a lot of these cards which I now see are not the ones I have, on the other hand, my son in particular has really gotten into the invincibility of Dr Manhattan, so I dont want to rush nerfing him either. I'll probably try to come up with some scenarios where I can choose more lower cost figures but have them escaping or finding some artefact as you say, and seeing if they can do it before time runs out while Dr M is trying to stop them so its not always just throwing huge cups of dice between DrM and some other godlike hero (which unfortunately can make what should be exciting battles drag on a bit longer than they should).

I've only got the Marvel heroes and a bag of about 50 Heroclix figures for some of the more well known superheroes, so have not yet gotten into thinking about getting some common squad types to go along with just the one big hero type. Really regretting having to sell most of my stuff before (sadly real life budgetary concerns were more pressing), but I think if I can find some common squads that I can get from cheap heroclix figures I'll be happy to just look out for some of the terrain stuff I dont have any more, though with all the flying leaps and jumping around it seems terrain restrictions might be more eye candy than game candy in superhero Heroscape)

cheers all
Old December 26th, 2017, 04:57 PM

For the record, the card I have DrM has 10 life, move 6, range 6, attack 10 (ten!, mainly 11 since he can easily get height), defence 8, for 500 points, his apathy only affects on 16+ on d20 (not round related), he can teleport any figure including himself and regenerates from death on 14+. All in all, an awesome opponent (as he should be, personally if it wasnt for the kids, I'd make his card have infinite values for everything, but have an apathy value of needing a d20 roll of 20 to do anything, he has dominion over the physical universe and should be unbeatable!)
Old December 26th, 2017, 05:01 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

By the looks of it, you're using Garada's custom Dr. Manhattan card. So that would be your problem. C3G cards aren't compatible with other customs, as point levels and power levels won't match up correctly. It's also no guarantee they'll be balanced. The C3G official cards are all located here:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=28457

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library