Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 24th, 2016, 03:04 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Most disappointing rule in Heroscape?

For me it's undoubtedly the fact that a Deathreaver on a single extra hex has "height advantage" in attack against Jotun. Every time I see something similar I have the urge to house rule that height advantage means exactly what it says and do an actual physical check of the top of each figure using their height + terrain height.
Old September 24th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Most disappointing rule in Heroscape?

I don't know if it's a rule but I never liked how it technically wasn't the marker that Negated people with Morsbane. It makes things complicated for Customs dealing with Special Markers.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 24th, 2016, 08:20 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mine's pretty similar to yours, @ekoxe1 . I've never liked that figures can't move up a ledge equal to their height, I'm pretty sure I could climb up a six foot wall, and I'm not one of the greatest warriors in all of time and space.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old September 24th, 2016, 08:32 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

For me is the "jumping" figures, although true flying home rules are too cumbersome.
Old September 24th, 2016, 08:54 PM

AznScape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I think it's strange how melee figures, on height, get a bonus. Didn't Mythbusters bust the Stars Wars "high ground" advantage?
Old September 24th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Heroscape would be significantly less tactically satisfying without that mechanic, whether it would translate into a "real world" advantage or not.
Old September 24th, 2016, 10:28 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Heroscape would be significantly less tactically satisfying without that mechanic, whether it would translate into a "real world" advantage or not.
Agree with you here. Although in C3G it's kind of funny when Wolverine standing on the sidewalk gets height advantage on a 20 high Sentinel standing on the road so I guess I agree with the OP for the most disappointing rule. But the Flying Hopping thing is kind of up there too.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 25th, 2016, 08:28 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznScape View Post
I think it's strange how melee figures, on height, get a bonus. Didn't Mythbusters bust the Stars Wars "high ground" advantage?
No they confirmed it.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 25th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

The lack of any form of cover mechanic - I shouldn't be just as likely to shoot that Arrow Grut dead if all I can see is his hand as I would be if his entire body were visible to me. I know it isn't a rule but rather the absence of one, but it always bothered me.

Another absence that gets me as someone who's been into ancient military history from childhood is WHY CAN'T MY GODDAMN ROMANS CHUCK THEIR BLASTED PILLA? It's an iconic part of Roman military tactics, you can see two of the figures holding them, but do they get any mechanical representation? No!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 25th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
The lack of any form of cover mechanic - I shouldn't be just as likely to shoot that Arrow Grut dead if all I can see is his hand as I would be if his entire body were visible to me. I know it isn't a rule but rather the absence of one, but it always bothered me.
I go the other way on this one. I always considered it a gutsy part of the design that they chose NOT to include one in order simply and streamline. No doubt it was considered, but I like the elegance of "you can see them so you can shoot at them. Period."

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old September 25th, 2016, 02:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I go the other way on this one. I always considered it a gutsy part of the design that they chose NOT to include one in order simply and streamline. No doubt it was considered, but I like the elegance of "you can see them so you can shoot at them. Period."
Yeah, Besides when its a hero you are just inflicting a wound it makes sense there....You get shot in the hand...you lose part of your life.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 25th, 2016, 06:02 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I always interpret rounds as a few minutes long. So that hand that you see now, just represents a hole in your cover that can point anywhere, as both units will move for the minutes that a round takes.

I like the lack of cover too. Although they made it up to a point with bridges and battlements.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's