Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 16th, 2012, 09:59 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Project 500 - Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Awesome! What a great idea, and beautifully executed. So smart.

Happyjosiah, you don't mind if I provide the link to the GoogleDocs version of your awesome spreadsheet, do you? This is just such a handy resource, and your GoogleDoc version makes it effortless to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
Good idea thanks!
Maybe include it in the OP? The picture of the spreadsheet embedded in the OP has resolution too low to be very legible.

EDIT: Oh, just realized that you embedded the updated version a few posts down. If I may, I'd suggest replacing the old pic in the OP with the new one, to avoid confusion.

Last edited by Typhon2222; December 16th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Replaced pic in OP

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:10 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
Replaced pic in OP
Thanks.
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:31 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

This is great. I'm just about to do up my own list as I'm in the same boat; have casual players who come over and play. They can probably get the synergies down, but the drafting can take a long time especially if it is for multiple players.

My list will be a bit different from yours as I have about half of the available figures, but still enough to get me started. I've got some doubles of a fair number of the heroes, so while it goes against the original concept, I might resort to that if it will make for more balanced armies.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Have you considered an alternate list that includes C3V and SoV figures for more options/armies?

I really love this idea, btw. Thank you.
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm a "classic scape only" kind of guy, so that's probably not a project I would undertake. Partly due to lack of interest, but also because I wouldn't have the knowledge to really make decent armies. I would strongly support you or anyone else that wants to make armies that use D&D, Marvel, C3V, and SoV units. I think that would be great!

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old May 5th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Second Highest Poster

In case anyone is subscribed here, I just wanted to let you all know that someone did create a Project 500 using the D&D Figs as well.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/122...ape-dd-figures

Old September 19th, 2016, 06:18 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

Great stuff but is there an excel file rather than just an image of the armies?
Old September 19th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Second Highest Poster

Yes, absolutely!

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/83631/project-500

Excel download at the link above.

Google Doc here as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zUE/edit#gid=0

Old September 20th, 2016, 06:29 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

awesome @happyjosiah , thanks
Old November 17th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Second Highest Poster

Bump. Been really happy with these lists. Any feedback from anyone else who's tried it?

Old November 17th, 2017, 02:23 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

These are awesome! I really like how you've included practically every Unit in the game, and the fact that the armies are thematic is the icing on the cake. Excellent work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion