Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 1st, 2012, 02:55 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Update 4/7/12: Kaemon's Customs

Based on the feedback from Scytale in the SoV thread, here are some ways to word Vargach's powers to eliminate some of the confusion.

Blood Trail:
After moving with Vargach, if he is within 2 clear sight spaces of an opponent's figure with at least one wound marker on its card, you may move Vargach an additional 2 spaces.

Savagery:
Once per turn, when Vargach destroys a figure by inflicting more wounds with his normal attack than were necessary to destroy the figure, you may move Vargach up to 3 spaces and attack again, if possible.

I also (this is probably just personal preference) think his name should "match" Zogross's, something along the lines of Vargach Bluecrest.
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Good suggestions superfrog. Here are alternate wording ideas:

Blood Trail

Vargach may add 2 to his Move number as long as he is unengaged prior to moving. Vargach must be able to move adjacent to a hero with at least one wound marker on it's Army Card to use Blood Trail.

Savagery
When Vargach inflicts more wounds with a normal attack than is needed to destroy the defending figure, he may move up to three spaces and attack again. Vargach may only use Savagery once per turn.
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:24 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Both Superfrog's and Scytale's wordings of Blood Trail are good. Either works, it just depends if you want Vargarch to must end his move adjacent to the wounded figure.

Scytale- with your wording changes, could Vargach use Blood Trail when he moves using Savagery? I think not, since it is a static movement, but I am not positive.
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Blood Trail is confusing to get just right, I'm not totally satisfied with my attampt, but thematically, it doesn't make sense that he can run away with Blood Trail like in Scytale's version.

Scytale's wording for Savagery is cleaner than mine, but I still like the "Once per turn, ..." wording. I would suggest:

Once per turn, when Vargach inflicts more wounds with a normal attack than needed to destroy the defending figure, he may move up ti three spaces and attack again.
Old August 1st, 2012, 04:52 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Scytale- with your wording changes, could Vargach use Blood Trail when he moves using Savagery? I think not, since it is a static movement, but I am not positive.
Nope. Static movements can never be modified. Like Movement Bonding or Jandar's Dispatch.
Old August 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Out of curiousity, how does one go about killing the wraith when it does not have a hit zone?

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old August 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Out of curiousity, how does one go about killing the wraith when it does not have a hit zone?
From the Book of Estivara:

"Adjacent figures do not require visible hit zones to attack one another. Non-Adjacent figures require visible hit zones to attack or special attack. Some abilities only require clear line of sight, however, like Sudema's Stare of Stone and would therefore still be able to be used on Estivara Unholy Wraith."

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM

Dropping by to comment on the customs I haven't taken a look at before.

Drow Assassin
Fun little design; neat way to make a useful common hero without bonding or other form of multi-turn activation. Note, however, that "starting zone"s are not official and not every way of playing has them (Heat of Battle, for example).

Lizardfolk Scout
Another neat common hero, and I really appreciate the simplicity. Though you should change "move and attack" to "take a turn." I am a bit concerned about the craziness involved with Greenscales + Lizardfolk hero + Lizardfolk Scouts. I assume the order of activation would be Lizardfolk hero -> Lizardfolk Scouts -> Greenscales; that's a lot of turns per order marker.

Aranel
It's really hard to make a viable assassin without a power like Phantom Walk; for Aranel Into Darkness takes care of that need pretty well. Though that makes her really only useful on shadow maps.

Argith
Drow Command should specifically be limited to affect normal attacks. I don't think it could be used for special attacks, but I'm not positive of that. Just avoid it. Does Greatsword only work on Small figures? If so, why don't you just call that out?

Unholy Wraith
How does Spiritual Remnants work with Zombies Rise Again? If your opponent kills one of your small or medium unique heroes, what appears there, the Wraith or a Zombie? Technically, I think if you use Spiritual Renmants to place a Viking Champion on the Wraith's card you would not be able to use his Spirit power, as the figure has already been placed on a card.

Brothers of Night
A Whisper in Shadow is a really cool idea for a power, though it does have a bit of a problem. Figures can't be adjacent to spaces, they can only be adjacent to other figures. If a Unique Hero moves onto a space that is next to a shadow tile but 2 levels higher, did he just move adjacent to it? How about 6 levels higher? 20? Aside from that, 8 attacks of 4 is just nuts. That's like two Fen Hydras.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards