Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old July 31st, 2012, 09:33 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: MLH Season 2 - Formats and Details (Sponsor: Auggies Gam

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Bengi, this spreadsheet has Kinseth winning his Round 1 game with 295 points instead of 300 (Row 15). Might want to fix those, as well as update the totals for the Black_Charos/MegaSilver game.

In the Round 3 games, does the winner get just the points that he killed, or the full 500? If the latter, I think a few people put in the wrong total.
From last season, it was just how many glyphs you had at the end of the game.
If that were the case, then everyone put in their totals wrong, and nobody noticed. Not so likely. The Glyphs just determine the winner, I think...
It shows it on the front page too...
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:19 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Me and Black_Charos are getting ready to play.

EDIT:

Black_Charos won.

Black_Charos: 450

MegaSilver: 300
Edit: nevermind

The spreadsheet is fine. We have been putting 100 points per glyph for week 3 matches. Everything else looks fine.
Old August 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

DrummerScaper and I will be playing our game at about 11am CST today. One of us will post the links later this morning before the game.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:28 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
We have been putting 100 points per glyph for week 3 matches.
Okay... I didn't have any glyphs at the end of my game...

Old August 1st, 2012, 11:31 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
I believe the winner always gets full points for any game format--500 for you in this case. The same applies for a kill 'em all game where the other player is fielding a not-full-points army (e.g., 495 points in a 500 point game). If you won, you still get the full available points even though you didn't kill that many points.

The glyph-based scoring would hurt Kinseth though, since it looks like he didn't have any at the end either, so his score would be 0. I suppose that's some of the risk when a treasure quest turns into kill 'em all.

See Bengi's post below for the correct answer!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; August 1st, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old August 1st, 2012, 11:54 AM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
DrummerScaper and I will be playing our game at about 11am CST today. One of us will post the links later this morning before the game.
Here's the Link.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:39 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I believe the winner always gets full points for any game format--500 for you in this case. The same applies for a kill 'em all game where the other player is fielding a not-full-points army (e.g., 495 points in a 500 point game). If you won, you still get the full available points even though you didn't kill that many points.

The glyph-based scoring would hurt Kinseth though, since it looks like he didn't have any at the end either, so his score would be 0. I suppose that's some of the risk when a treasure quest turns into kill 'em all.
If the game ends due to the last glyph being revealed, we score it 100 points per glyph. If it goes to kill 'em all, we score as normal. Your game went to kill 'em all and you defeated him 500-400 correct?

For example, in my game vs. HS314, 1 glyph got used up and I had 3 glyphs to his 1. The final score was 300-100.
Old August 1st, 2012, 01:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The Thralls really did their thing today against DrummerScaper97. They kept just out of reach of his Warhulks all game (he only attacked me once, and I blocked it). The Deathstrikes consistently put at least one wound on the Warhulks with each use of Return To the Grave, and the Preybloods only whiffed on Blood Hunger once. DS97 did successfully negate Nicholas in my SZ with Morsbane on a roll of 19 (and he rolled 19 again a turn later after Morsbane was dead).

At the end of the game, I had spent 150 points of my Thralls (5 of them) and killed all of DS97's army.

caps - 550
DS97 - 150

Good luck and the best of wishes to you, DS97!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 1st, 2012, 01:07 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The Thralls really did their thing today against DrummerScaper97. They kept just out of reach of his Warhulks all game (he only attacked me once, and I blocked it). The Deathstrikes consistently put at least one wound on the Warhulks with each use of Return To the Grave, and the Preybloods only whiffed on Blood Hunger once. DS97 did successfully negate Nicholas in my SZ with Morsbane on a roll of 19 (and he rolled 19 again a turn later after Morsbane was dead).

At the end of the game, I had spent 150 points of my Thralls (5 of them) and killed all of DS97's army.

caps - 550
DS97 - 150

Good luck and the best of wishes to you, DS97!
Thanks! Good game to you too. Although, I think I should get some sort of extra points for negating Nicholas, and again from the grave.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:43 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
If the game ends due to the last glyph being revealed, we score it 100 points per glyph. If it goes to kill 'em all, we score as normal. Your game went to kill 'em all and you defeated him 500-400 correct?
Yes, that is correct. Makes sense now, thanks!

Old August 1st, 2012, 08:47 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Me and Ace_of_Spades are getting ready to play:

5019cbcca9ec11343867852.html

1GhNuK1g7Ld-Hv3iqIxYl_dMHniY1pCDJ-_0ml0M4nu4
Old August 1st, 2012, 11:58 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

I finished my Round 3 match against MegaSilver and, believe me, it was a thriller. I was on the edge of my keyboard for the second half of the game. Afterwards, MegaSilver had to get off the computer, and I’m not sure if he wanted me to write a report too when he asked me to post the results, but I will anyway.

I had four Command Couriers with Heirloom, Skahen, and Siege, while Mega had Nagrubs, Tor-Kul-Na, and Su-Bak-Na. It began as SBN grabbed two glyphs in the sand hills as Heirloom secured, but not revealed, two on the opposite side. Otonashi and Skahen both snatched the center glyph, but were killed by SBN.

At one point, when Skahen was alive and on a glyph, she was within Cover Fire range of Heirloom. I thought I had the win at that point by moving Heirloom to the unrevealed glyphs, assuming successful trap rolls. I was then corrected in that they have to be revealed on the Hero’s turn.*

Continuing, TKN closed in on Heirloom and battered him while Siege made a mad dash for SBN, who had flew off earlier in a “survivalist” maneuver (I called it fear ). TKN picked up one glyph and eventually slayed Heirloom, but failed his trap roll on the final glyph! Over the course of several previous movements, Siege survived SEVEN disengagement attacks from the pestering Nagrubs who blocked his path, plus the constant attacks of 2. When he reached SBN, he rolled all 5 skulls, while the mighty bone dragon…whiffed. Two treasure glyphs were dropped, while the third was destroyed. Initiative held the weight of the battle. I won the roll and picked up one treasure glyph, with the other only a step away…but MegaSilver’s TKN succeeded his trap roll to end the game. 2-1 in treasure glyphs.

It was a great game, Megasilver was a fun competitor, while AwesomeUnleashed was a great spectator (*snicker*- it’s an inside joke). Command Couriers were fun to play, they were about 5/1 for their Fleet Footed rolls, but I didn’t feel the Vydar Hero army was fast enough to compete successfully in the treasure glyph format. Every decision counted in the fast-paced game and the OM freedom was useful, but only one effective figure movement per turn hurt. MegaSilver played a great game; his Nagrubs were everywhere I didn’t want them to be and his Hivelords easily held the glyphs. I had several awesome breaks, but they weren’t quite enough. The score of the game was 200-100, Megasilver.

*Edit: I just looked up the ruling on that in the rulebook and I couldn't find anything saying it had to be during the Unique Hero's turn. I found:
"A Unique Hero figure that ends its movement on a space with a Treasure Glyph may attempt to pick it up or activate it, depending on the Treasure Glyph's individual rule."
If we played it wrong, I'm not going to argue the results because there too many ifs; Skahen needed to kill two Nagrubs and Heirloom needed to succeed both trap rolls.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat

Last edited by Ace_of_Spades; August 2nd, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Corrected

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events