Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 20th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
About three days left before the Tournament!
I am looking forward to those 5rounds!
I still don't know what I'm bringing. Certainly, it won't have been playtested. Probably a random Marvel hero, bolstered by some tried and true classic units. I haven't played much Marvel, I'm looking forward to having a big guy to rally round.
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:23 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12
Our items for the prize table will be:
Gladiators and Agents
Warriors and Soulborgs
Soulborgs
Volcarren Wasteland
Oh good, I won't be the only one bringing Gladiators and Agents. (It was all I could find)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:56 PM

Slaader is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I've got some cool unopened stuff I could put on the table..but I only get to play if an odd number of people show up. Though, after 9 pages it looks like plenty of odd people are showing up.

I got lucky and found all the Wave 3 packs at a Wal*Mart is MA the other day. Going to go back tonight and see if I can find more Gorillas.
Old March 20th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
I'm bringing a marvel set for the prize table.

No one else bring one.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:31 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
First the store shelves are overrun with Gladiators and Agents and now the prize table will be.

I am bringing a Lexan Mat (not sure what kind yet) and either a Flagbearer or some custom boulders (if I have time to make them)
Old March 20th, 2008, 10:15 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
First the store shelves are overrun with Gladiators and Agents and now the prize table will be.
It shouldn't be a problem if you place close to first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 21st, 2008, 06:31 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
I might not be there until 11:45 or so, might be right up to 12:00 depending on traffic. Is that going to be a problem? I don't have much choice, as I'm at the mercy of the ferry schedule. I will be there, even if it's not at 11:00 to check in.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:50 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Since I cannot attend I have one request: Someone please bring a digital camera and post pics afterwards, going to have to live vicariously on this one.

For future reference please do not schedule tourneys in March, it's an extreemely difficult month for me as far as free time goes, and I know that my schedule is important to everyone on the planet... dah.

Have fun everyone!

-insert signature here-
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:26 AM

rec_thug is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
2-Are these the only maps we are using?
God I hope not!

what's wrong with the like 5 AEston posted? It's not like you're going to be playing the same map all day, and while you're likely to play on the same one more than once, you'll have a different opponent.
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:35 AM

rec_thug is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston
Due to popular request, we will include a variety of maps that were requested in this thread besides the ones we designed.
So any idea which maps you're going to add? I'm trying to figure out where my pieces will start, so as to not delay play time too much. I don't know if I've ever had a game end in 45 min... I played myself once last night, knowing what I wanted each side to do, in order to get a feel for what a 45 minute round would be like (having never played a tournament) and I hadn't yet filled a single army card by the 45 min mark. They started filling soon there after, but not by 45 min.

Oh and nyys...

I'll try to bring my digital SLR. PM me next week and I'll try to hook you up with some shots (unless I can figure out how to post them first).
Old March 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaader
..but I only get to play if an odd number of people show up.
Can't you play anyway, and use byes? (Think of it as adding a particularly weak player to the mix - call him Ollie2, say. Ollie2 goes into the mix as if he existed, but loses every game. The draw needs to make sure that noone gets two games against Ollie2, but other than that it should be pretty easy to implement. Everyone gets at least four competitive games, and most still get five.)
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The first round will start promptly at 12:00 noon. We only have the room until 6:00, so we have to stay oin schedule. I'm sorry if this is a problem for anyone. If you need to show up earlier than check in to accomidate travel plans, thats fine.

I believe we will add the following maps to the tournamnet (all from BoV):
Actic Divide
Embattled Fen
Fire Isles
Mole Hills
Turret Rocks

If we have 20 people (as I anticipate) that will give us 10 different maps that you will be randomly assigned to. If we need to make more than 10, I will repeat some of my original maps to create the correct amount.

We are planning on having a photo album of the event afterwards.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events