Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 12th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Hey guys, I just got the core set and was wondering where/when are good places/times to find more ships on sale? I just can't see myself paying $10-12 for a single ship.
The best prices I've seen are about $7.50 from Miniature Market when they have one of the ships on their Deal of the Day.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 12th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Hey guys, I just got the core set and was wondering where/when are good places/times to find more ships on sale? I just can't see myself paying $10-12 for a single ship.
The best prices I've seen are about $7.50 from Miniature Market when they have one of the ships on their Deal of the Day.
$10-$12 a ship is actually fairly cheap. $14-$15 is the norm.

You have to consider that 8 small base ships is the max you can fly in a standard 100-point game. 2-4/5 is what's usually seen on the board at a time. They are worth their price.
Old March 12th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Coolstuffinc also has this sale occasionally. But outside of a sale, the best price you will find is $10 per small ship or $20 per large ship at Miniature Market or Coolstuffinc. Amazon is a couple bucks higher per ship but you can get free shipping for cheaper, so that may be the better way to go.

The nice thing about X-wing compared to Heroscape is that X-wing comes with 4 pilots per ship plus some upgrade cards. So while a Heroscape expansion gives you 2 squads and 2 cards, an X-wing expansion allows you to use a ship 4 different ways plus customize it (and other ships you already have) in many different ways. That's how I rationalize it, anyway.
Old March 12th, 2015, 06:30 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the packs are just more than the ships. There are a lot of cards and tokens in there that help out your ships. Lots of cross-faction and cross-ship cards in one pack.
Old March 12th, 2015, 09:04 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm... Good point, I hadn't thought about it like that. Thanks guys!
Old March 12th, 2015, 10:51 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

FFG Regionals have been posted. https://fantasyflightgames.com/en/ne...hip-locations/

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old March 27th, 2015, 08:40 PM

Guys, what's your thoughts on the new FAQ and Tournament Rules?

Phantom Decloaking has been moved from the Phantom's activation to just before any dials have been revealed, changing how they play considerably. (Now they are amazing blockers.)

Debris Clouds are now legal in tournaments, but now each player has to bring 3 unique obstacle tokens that they cannot change during the tourney. They go into the collective pool of 6 asteroids/debris tokens, and are placed like normal.

Some things have been clarified in the FAQ, such as how to properly align large ships that have overlapped.

Tournament rules go into effect on April 15th, 2015. Thoughts?
Old March 28th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Guys, what's your thoughts on the new FAQ and Tournament Rules?

Phantom Decloaking has been moved from the Phantom's activation to just before any dials have been revealed, changing how they play considerably. (Now they are amazing blockers.)

Debris Clouds are now legal in tournaments, but now each player has to bring 3 unique obstacle tokens that they cannot change during the tourney. They go into the collective pool of 6 asteroids/debris tokens, and are placed like normal.

Some things have been clarified in the FAQ, such as how to properly align large ships that have overlapped.

Tournament rules go into effect on April 15th, 2015. Thoughts?
I think the nerf on the Phantoms put Soontir back in the #1 spot, especially with Autothrusters.

I'm OK with it. Wasn't a Phantom player to begin with. They were annoying to fight against but not impossible (and that's with my shuttles!). I still think they'll be decent. Might see more of the lower pilot skill ones now.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 28th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Smile Re: X-Wing

Agreed. I never really flew the Phantom much to begin with, and never had (too) many issues when I flew against them.

I do like the obstacle thing, but the debris cloud tokens will still take some getting used to, as I haven't played with them and don't know all their rules.

Overall, I think I'm fine with the latest FAQ.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; April 4th, 2015 at 12:36 AM.
Old March 28th, 2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Agreed. I never really flew the Phantom much to begin with, and never had (too) many issues when I flew against them.

I do like the obstacle thing, but the debris cloud tokens will still take some getting used to, as I haven't played with them and don't know all their rules.

Overall, I think I'm fine with the latest FAQ.
Debris Tokens stress your ship if you fly through them (so if you K-Turn through them you take 2 stress). You lose your action as normal. You roll a red dice, if you roll a crit you take 1 crit. And if you're on top of a Debris Cloud, you DO still get to attack.
Old March 30th, 2015, 12:27 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Crap. I just printed the previous version of the FAQ on Friday...the day that the new version released.
Old April 5th, 2015, 08:03 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I'm very happy with the Phantom nerf. Often times when facing a Phantom it would simply be impossible to get a shot on it because if you accounted for one decloak direction by maneuvering one way they could just see how your ships moved and choose another decloak direction and still get a shot. Now that you know they are committed to one decloak direction instead of being able to move wherever they want to it should make it possible to deal with one, the same way it's possible to deal with every other ship in the game.

Phantom strangled off everything that couldn't get to PS 9+ or wasn't a fat turret from the meta. It'll be nice to be able to play normal builds now (swarms, 2 x wings & 2 b wings, etc.) and not autolose should you face a phantom. All of the players in my area somehow derive pleasure from playing nothing but dumb fat turret builds and pretending that manuevering their turrets against each other matters, so they of course didn't feel the nerf was necessary. Thank god that FFG is actually rational and isn't content with the game being nothing but turrets to deal with phantoms.

I actually enjoy playing generic phantoms, and one of their major weaknesses are supercharged named phantoms, so I'm excited to get to play more of those. Nerf doesn't really hurt the generics at all, and the (de)cloak mechanic adds a lot to the game when you have to decide between cloaking and firing and you're actually a glass cannon.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures