Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 20th, 2007, 01:33 AM

Scud-O has disabled reputation
Scud-O's Custom Units (Updated 07/30/2019)

========ABOUT SCUD-O========
Spoiler Alert!

========NEW STUFF========

I missed out on all the "official" Dwarf units for Aquilla BUT I found a bunch of cool .stl files and have a good number of dwarf minis, so I thought I'd round out my Aquilla stuff with some homebrewed dwarves.

THE DWARVES

NOTBURGA STONESPEAKER
Spoiler Alert!

TANEK STONEBREAKER
Spoiler Alert!

HILDA IRONCLAW
Spoiler Alert!

DUURAN SHADOWFLAME
Spoiler Alert!

IVOR CAVECREEPER
Spoiler Alert!

CAVE SPIDERS
Spoiler Alert!

DWARVEN RELIQUARY
Spoiler Alert!

========EVERYTHING ELSE========

THE MARIEDIANS
Spoiler Alert!

CALLER IN DARKNESS
Spoiler Alert!

CROMARRO
Spoiler Alert!

THE GORILLAS
Spoiler Alert!

THE INFUSED >Destructible Object< >Token<
Spoiler Alert!

THE WIZARD KING AND HIS THRALLS >Destructible Object<
Spoiler Alert!

THE NEXTGEN
Spoiler Alert!

OLDER UNITS
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Scud-O; July 30th, 2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: ADDED THE DWARVES!
Old July 20th, 2007, 02:05 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Hello and welcome.
Your card looks great for a first effort.

What needs fixing (from what I can see)

The figures name at the top of the card is usually all-caps.
There is a typo in the first ability (and the second now I look).
Squads figures only ever have 1 life.
If you have room maybe try a bigger font for the abilities (my own person feeling here). Have a look at my GIMP tutorial to see how to do the fogging effect a little more effectively.
You could try flipping one of the squad members pics to give them some variation.

As for the abilities, I like the Stone Stride (but it would be a bugger to get around on a map with no rock tiles in the starting zone) as it seems to fit thematically with the characters. Having them take no engagement attack makes them extra tricky
Having Tough added to a base roll of 5 will keep them around for a long time as well.
Overall, I feel that they might be just a little on the cheap side.

Keep up the good work
Old July 20th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'd consider upping their base move to 4. It's still pretty paltry, so they prefer to stone stride when possible, but they won't be absolute cripples when it's not possible.
when their lives are 1 (as they need to be) they'll look a lot less invincible. Still, with tough, I'd lower their defense to 4 to get them closer to that 90 point level.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 20th, 2007, 08:15 AM

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, it was VERY late when I finally got Photoshp downloaded, hence the typos. I'll fix those in a little bit, when I am at my main computer.

Also, I don't know why I put 6 as their life - that was just a straight up mistake.

If I were to leave their Defense at 5, what would you suggest for their point value, 110?

Thanks again for the feedback!
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:44 AM

UPDATED!

STONE SPIRITS
*Fixed typos
*Fixed style
*Fixed Life
*Altered cost
Old July 20th, 2007, 05:31 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
Yup. Just leave it at 110.

BRUNAK is Nerak in the PLATINUM CAVE!
Old July 20th, 2007, 06:12 PM

Updated again!

*Added DWARVEN HACKERS
Old July 20th, 2007, 06:47 PM

bishopbeowolf is surprisingly tart
I like the clear cut ability. I could see myself having fun with that on a map with alot of trees.
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:16 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I like the Stone Spirits, and beleive that they are pretty correctly costed, although they could go up by 10 points.

The dwarves look like a fun squad, but need to be reduced a LOT in price.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old July 21st, 2007, 12:42 AM

Updated again! (I had the day off from work - can you tell?)

*Raised DWARVEN HACKERS Attack to 4
*Added DWARVEN SAPPERS

I think I need some help with the language for the TUNNEL RAT ability on the SAPPERS - does it need to mention elevation? Is it at all clear? Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old July 21st, 2007, 01:08 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ok I don't know how Focused would work. You don't revel the X Order Marker, so your opponent would not know whether you can use them or not. Also what happens if the Dwarves are the last units in your army. Then you have to put the X marker on them and they would be completely usuless. I don't know how you would want to fix this, but I have a possible solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused
If the X marker is on <Unit> at the start of the turn you must reveal it. While the X marker remains on this army card, <Unit> may not take a turn.
I think that fixes the problems with Focused. Then your other two powers would have to be reworded slightly. I don't know if this is too much of a change, but this is what I would say for each:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearcut
If a Dwarven Hacker is adjacent to a tree you may remove the X marker from this card any time during the round. If you remove the X marker, remove any tree adjacent to a Dwarven Hacker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnel Rat
If a Dwarven Sapper is adjacent to a castle wall and a friendly figure you may remove the X marker from this card. If you remove the X marker you may place a figure adjacent to a Dwarven Sapper on the other side of the castle wall, up to two spaces away.

Old July 21st, 2007, 03:13 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 - those are really great solutions. I think I am going to allow all SAPPERS that are in position to function when you remove the X Marker. It just seems that moving one single figure across the wall is suicide. If they all function at the same time, you could get up to 3 figures across in one turn.

For the HACKERS, I think I'll use:

Quote:
At the end of a round, if a Dwarven Hacker is adjacent to a tree, you may remove the X marker from this card. If you remove the X marker, remove any tree adjacent to a Dwarven Hacker.
That way, it takes them a full round to knock down a tree. Should the ability allow you to remove one tree next to EACH HACKER, or should I leave it at one tree total?

Thanks again for the critique and suggestions!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards