Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 9th, 2018, 06:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

I'm thinking about running these guys next, which is why I've been trying to round out the design again after not looking at it for such a long time. So a big thanks to everyone who has been contributing thoughts and ideas. Here is the latest update after Soundwarp weighed in.

NAME = YAKUZA ENFORCER
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = YAKUZA
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 2
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ?

MAC-10 FIRE SUPPRESSION
At the start of the game, place a single grey Clip marker on this card. When a figure that was not within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer prior to moving moves within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer and is on a space where they could end their move, you may immediately remove the Clip marker from play. If you do that figure must end their move and you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound.

ENFORCERS FOR HIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Mercenary or Terrorist you control and moving that figure, you may move one figure you control with the Enforcers for Hire Special Power up to 4 spaces.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE

When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if this Yakuza Enforcer is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
ENFORCERS FOR HIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Mercenary or Terrorist you control and moving that figure, you may move this figure up to 4 spaces.
Simplified the wording.

Why is the power moving a figure before the original figure's turn is done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I've only seen her pop up in a few things, but I thought TB's powerset for her felt a lot more representative. That version isn't doing a lot for me because it feels like it's keying in on a few weird things she did like a time or two, instead of representing how she normally fights.
Fair enough, I'm certainly open to some new ideas here. Reason I started this discussion up in the public thread was because I was hoping for some inspiration. As for TB's version, it really just has a SA and a Bishop like power that I don't find very representative of her role as a regular member of a team. A ranged SA could be useful for Excalibur though, other than Lockheed's range 2 SA, they don't have any other ranged or special attacks and both are good for avoiding certain defensive powers. So lets go with a ranged SA. What TB had looks interesting enough.

Also noticed that Meggan can't copy once per game or once per round powers so maybe her 3rd power should avoid those.
I'm not sure how often she actually does do the time-hopping thing, but I like it for two reasons.

1) she definitely is known for coming back in time from the future, so it feels iconic enough to merit a spot on the card even if she doesn't do it constantly.

2) the Bishop-y thing helps her mobilize in Excalibur or Starjammers builds. That's nice on the Excalibur side, since Capt Britain doesn't get to work as an OM hub until he can get engaged. On the Starjammers side of things, you want to keep her near Korvus if you're playing them together, but she doesn't directly synergize in a Starjammers build, so it makes the combo a little easier (plus, without getting too specific, I like the way it lines up with what Ch'od does).
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
ENFORCERS FOR HIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Mercenary or Terrorist you control and moving that figure, you may move this figure up to 4 spaces.
Simplified the wording.

It was something I just changed as I started thinking about the standard chain bonding limiting verbiage. My thought process was that if you got the free move after the OM reveal figure moves, then a future (or current?) figure that revealed an OM, took a turn, then full bonded with someone would not be in conflict with this simple free move action.

As for your wording, I think that would make it so one OM reveal allows you to move 10 uncommon heroes. I used the power name to limit it to one total uncommon hero gets to move for free per OM reveal no matter how many you have in play.
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
2) the Bishop-y thing helps her mobilize in Excalibur or Starjammers builds. That's nice on the Excalibur side, since Capt Britain doesn't get to work as an OM hub until he can get engaged. On the Starjammers side of things, you want to keep her near Korvus if you're playing them together, but she doesn't directly synergize in a Starjammers build, so it makes the combo a little easier (plus, without getting too specific, I like the way it lines up with what Ch'od does).
Ahh, that kind of makes sense now. I was looking at her from an Excalibur teammate stand point and not really thinking much about her time as a Starjammer. That power would play with them interestingly. Her Excalibur teammates are already pretty good at moving the team up without needing her to drop in out of nowhere though. Plus flying 6 with a range attack of 4 means she is a good OM placement option prior to Capt. Briton engaging with someone.
Old April 9th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
ENFORCERS FOR HIRE
Simplified the wording.

It was something I just changed as I started thinking about the standard chain bonding limiting verbiage. My thought process was that if you got the free move after the OM reveal figure moves, then a future (or current?) figure that revealed an OM, took a turn, then full bonded with someone would not be in conflict with this simple free move action.

As for your wording, I think that would make it so one OM reveal allows you to move 10 uncommon heroes. I used the power name to limit it to one total uncommon hero gets to move for free per OM reveal no matter how many you have in play.
It's a bit messy as it happens in the middle of a turn. Any reason why it can't be before taking a turn with OM revealer?

As for the moving all uncommon heroes, your power does the same thing. You'll have to explicitly state only one can use this power each turn if that's what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:28 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Uncommon Heroes are treated as Unique Heroes in every way except you can draft multiples. Which means they all have separate cards and all their powers track separately. So right now Enforcers for Hire lets you move one Yakuza Enforcer X spaces, where X equals 5 times the number of Yakuza Enforcers you control, or all sorts of other insane things. It needs to say ‘this Yakuza Enforcer’ at the very least, though that still gives you a crazy amount of figures moved per turn (and with figures with pure passive abilities that don’t care about getting turns to boot).

Also, just because they have Yakuza in their name doesn’t mean they can be activated or boosted by Masahiro Arashi, they need the actual class of Yakuza for that.

Putting markers on bases just seems bizarre for the sake of being bizarre to me. You already have to track which Enforcer goes with which card anyway, I’d just stick to the normal marker on the card approach personally. Especially since having markers on bases gets a little finicky on a real table if a couple figures get knocked over or what not.
I'm not following your first point. The word 'a' = '1', so reveal OM on Silver Samurai's card and you can move 1 Yakuza Enforcer 5 spaces. It was originally written up for a common hero card, so maybe it needs to be further clarified for the uncommon hero concept. The intent from me has always been that you get to move just 1 Yakuza Enforcer for free per OM revealed, not every Yakuza Enforcer you control 5 spaces every time you reveal an OM. I'll be happy to update the wording accordingly. The usual 'may not take any other turns with figures you control' wording seems excessive though as you are only getting movement bonding here. Kind feel it should be left open to allow other figures to bond while still moving up one of them for free so they can keep pace. Maybe change the timing to mid turn to avoid end of turn bonding limitations and trim the free move down to 4 though to help scale it back a bit and show they are more 'on guard' as they move up. Does this wording get the intent right?

ENFORCERS FOR HIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Mercenary or Terrorist you control and moving that figure, you may move one figure you control with the Enforcers for Hire Special Power up to 4 spaces.
The new power still has all the same problems as the earlier version. Again, it's a separate power on each Enforcer's card because they are Uncommons. Each Enforcer's power triggers and each separate power allows an Enforcer to move 4 spaces. Saying 'with the Enforcers for Hire Special Power' does nothing to change that. If it's changed to 'this Yakuza Enforcer' then all the powers still trigger but at least you can't have a single Enforcer move multiple times. If you want it to be limited to 1 Enforcer per turn it would have to have 'and no other figures with the Enforcers for Hire Special Power may move this player turn' or something like that stapled to the end.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 10th, 2018, 01:19 AM
C3G Landlord

ENFORCERS FOR HIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Mercenary or Terrorist you control, before taking a turn with that figure, you may move this figure up to 4 spaces. If you do, you may not move any other figures with the Enforcers for Hire special power this turn.
Old May 8th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Public Design Post all the way back on the third page?! Unacceptable!

I thought I would bring up another old design I had found here. I think its pretty much gold. I'm not sure if anything came about inside the sanctum with Dr. D. but this design looks like good fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
DOCTER DRUID

MINI:
Spoiler Alert!

BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = DOCTOR DRUID
SECRET IDENTITY = Anthony Druid

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Sorcerer
PERSONALITY = Resolute
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ??

MYSTIC TRACKING
If there is at least 1 Order Marker on this card, when a figure you control begins their turn within 3 spaces of Doctor Druid, that figure may add 1 to its Move number this turn, or 2 to its Move number as long as it ends its movement adjacent to a figure with the Magical Defense special power.

WEAKENING RITUAL
Start the game with a red Weakness Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Doctor Druid, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero within 8 spaces of Doctor Druid and place the red Weakness Marker on its card. A figure other then Doctor Druid with the Weakness Marker on its card rolls 2 fewer defense dice. If Doctor Druid is moved, destroyed, or rolls any attack or defense dice, place the Weakness Marker back on this card.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Doctor Druid is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Doctor Druid can take for this attack is one.

FLYING

Okay, so this is a character I actually have no comic knowledge of, I just stumbled unto his comicvine article a little while ago and thought the description of his powers (especially the "detect and trace magic" part) sounded pretty cool and lent itself to some fun mechanics. With Mystic Tracking, the theme is him being able to use his powers to find people, specifically other magic users, and help his allies get there faster; plus, a move-boosting support unit hasn't really been done (except for faction-specific powers). Since he has to really focus to use his magic, I decided to do Weakening Ritual with a simple defense subtract but with the trickiness of him easily losing focus (moving, being attacked, etc.). The reliability of it (no 20-sided die roll) makes it a valuable tool for your team, but it's not that easy to keep in affect for very long (even most support units don't help because their powers kick-in after he rolls defense, though there are still a few he'll pair well with).

Thoughts?
Old May 8th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I was just thinking I wouldn't mind seeing a little more activity in here. Don't think Doctor D ever got any traction in-sanctum, but I like the card. Only seen Doctor Druid pop up a few times, but it seems like a cool take.
Old May 8th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think the weakness marker is really neat. It's automatic and has a pretty big effect but pretty easy to knock off.
Old May 8th, 2018, 06:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I like it too. He could use his powers to weaken say Superman, which Dr. Druids' allies could then take advantage of, but then all Superman needs is for his ally Batman to attack Dr. Druid and the weakness is removed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy