Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 17th, 2019, 08:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Jace, Investigator) - Design

I do like straight self-wounding rather than a d20 chance there better, actually.

Also I forgot about the name. Perhaps a nod to Isaac Asaimov somehow?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2019, 08:42 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I was originally thinking more of a nod to Blade Runner or Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, but those are pretty on the nose. There's still plenty of inspiration there if we want to go down that route, of course.

I kind of like the idea of giving him both a first and a last name. It sounds a little more fitting to me, and we've seen similar choices with Sgt. Drake Alexander before.
Old May 17th, 2019, 08:49 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll also throw in that I prefer the wound to be a flat cost instead of a d20 roll, simply for the sake of not having to roll the d20 for two different things most turns (which isn't strictly a design problem as it happens in official scape every now and then, I just find it slightly less elegant). I'm not particularly strident on that issue though.

For name, I'll probably be happy with whatever we want to go with, though I would prefer a name that simply evokes the feel of cyberpunk rather than being a direct reference to something. Not everything has to be a wink to those in the know.
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:33 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
For name, I'll probably be happy with whatever we want to go with, though I would prefer a name that simply evokes the feel of cyberpunk rather than being a direct reference to something. Not everything has to be a wink to those in the know.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:41 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Would an attack die for a wound work better for anyone?
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:44 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Would an attack die for a wound work better for anyone?
So, Thunder Step it? Not a bad idea. Functionally, it's not really different from a d20 roll, but it is a bit cleaner.
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't think that it's fundamentally different. It does feel cleaner, but I still think that the power is stronger without it.
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:48 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Call it Overload, Overclock Implants, Emergency Drive, Inhibitors Disabled.
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
or alternative names for Neural Stimulant, here are a few quick suggestions:
Neural Enhancement
Neural Hack
Reprogram
I could get behind something like one of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I don't think that it's fundamentally different. It does feel cleaner, but I still think that the power is stronger without it.
Agreed.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:07 PM

Ooof. If I'm that far outweighed, then I guess I can't say much. I'm just going to register my strong objection to an auto-wound.
Old May 18th, 2019, 05:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

An autowound for +2 attack is a risky trade, imo. Mindjack helps a lot though. Testing will tell a lot more.

I prefer Neural Enchancement or Neural Attack Enhancement (sounds a lot like a classic heroscape power name) for the name if we don’t use Stimulant.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 18th, 2019, 06:38 PM

Jydel
Vydar

Life 5
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 3
Defense 4

Human/Posthuman
Unique Hero
Neuomancer
Tricky
Medium 5

Neural Enhancement
When attacking with Jydel, you may place a wound marker on this army card. If you do, add 2 to his attack value.

Mindjack 13
After taking a turn with Jydel, if he inflicted one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with his normal attack this turn, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, take temporary control of the figure he attacked and immediately take a turn with them. After the turn, control of the figure returns to the player that controlled it before the Mindjack.

This looks like about where we're starting on a draft, then. Any thoughts on 4 vs. 3 defense, point value, or required roll for mindjack? I just picked 13 as a number that was decently likely but doesn't slide too close to the 50/50 mark.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs