Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 15th, 2019, 10:13 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Glyph of Recall) - Pod 0 - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
My stab at official sounding wording:
"When figure you control lands on this Glyph, choose any squad with at least one figure destroyed (yours, a teammate's or an opponent's) and place the destroyed figure on the space with the Glyph of Recall."

Again, maybe the parenthesis should be removed and instead "choose any squad..." should be changed to "choose any squad you control..." but I like it is definitely possible for team games and for some reason an opponent - I can't really think of a reason why other than adding insult to injury, or a deterrent for if you do not have a squad figure destroyed but your opponent does (unless we want to add "you may" before "choose..." Also does there need to be contingencies in wording for when no squad figure is destroyed (Kelda doesn't)?

Glyph best with Calvary and Kyrie squads and they need more help so I like it.

Kelda has a rules-built in contigency plan: Only a hero with at least 1 wound may land on this space.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:15 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

There's a word in Heroscape for your teammate's stuff: "friendly".

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:23 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

My bad on the Kelda - yes it does have contingency - do we want for this glyph? Only matters if we do not have "you may" and also includes "opponent". I prefer "friendly" but I was trying to copy wording from Glyph of Sturla (Revive)
Quote:
One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure destroyed in this battle (yours, your teammates’ and you opponents’). If you roll 19 or 20, place the figure in any starting zone of your choice. If you roll 1 through 18, the figure remains destroyed.
But we can also use precedence of Glyph of Proftaka (Pit Trap)
Quote:
You figure is trapped. The trapped figure cannot move from this space. The figure can move off the Glyph of Proftaka only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space.
Got to love the designers changing wording during game run
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:26 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
My bad on the Kelda - yes it does have contingency - do we want for this glyph? Only matters if we do not have "you may" and also includes "opponent". I prefer "friendly" but I was trying to copy wording from Glyph of Sturla (Revive)
Quote:
One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure destroyed in this battle (yours, your teammates’ and you opponents’). If you roll 19 or 20, place the figure in any starting zone of your choice. If you roll 1 through 18, the figure remains destroyed.
But we can also use precedence of Glyph of Proftaka (Pit Trap)
Quote:
You figure is trapped. The trapped figure cannot move from this space. The figure can move off the Glyph of Proftaka only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space.
Got to love the designers changing wording during game run

I'm just leaving the power text as friendly or opponent's in the OP right now. It's the same effect, and we can work on semantics later.

Now, a contingency plan is an option: You can only land on this glyph is at least 1 squad figure has been destroyed this game.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:26 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Fair. A contingency for only anyone with a friendly destroyed Squad figure, right?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:27 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Fair. A contingency for only anyone with a friendly destroyed Squad figure, right?

That would be ok with me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:39 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

If you do not have a contingency or "you may" in Glyph rules and your opponent has destroyed figure but you don't then you MUST choose to revive opponent's figure. I could go either way as that might be fun, but simpler is better so probably either a contingency and/or "you may" in power. If no contingency but do have "you may", then you can just go on the glyph to burn it and prevent opponent from using when you do not have a destroyed figure (unlike Kelda).
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:07 AM

To really pull from the Kelda wording:

Quote:
Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are one or more previously destroyed Squad figures. When one of your figures stops here, choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:20 AM

Add "in the game" after "destroyed Squad figures" and "you must" before "choose a previously destroyed Squad figure" and I think it will remove any need for a FAQ that this means you could be forced to Recall your opponent's figure.
Old May 19th, 2019, 12:29 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is great.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 20th, 2019, 07:47 PM
I could go

Quote:
Figures may only stop on this Glyph if there are one or more previously destroyed Squad figures in the game . When one of your figures stops here, you must choose a previously destroyed Squad figure and place it adjacent to your figure. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.
This look good to everybody?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 20th, 2019, 08:26 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

That looks good to me. Why the condition about not being able to place it symbol-side up in any homemade scenarios, though?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs