Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 14th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Super cool. I like being able to change the look or weapons and stuff like that out on these bigger models. Cant wait til I get hold of an AtSt and an occupier tank. I wonder how it would be to use 2 of the tanks in a grand army game. Im almost done extending my game table. I had a 4x4 with a raised 3x3 in the middle of it. I added 6inches of 1/2 in foam to the sides making it a raised 4x3 board leaving 6inches on each side for player cards/setup. I already cut a 2x3 foam board that Im basing on a 2.5x4 to butt up next to the 4x3. That will give me a 4x6.5 table with a 6in edge that wraps around 1 side leaving room on both sides for cards and a middle part for tokens and a shared dice rolling area. Im all but done with the main board but still need to finish the expansion. Also Im almost done with about 6 buildings, and am done painting all my other Imperial industrial looking terrain(over 100 individual pieces) along with having buildings for my various worlds these will also be used as interior for a star destroyer or death star board. Still much to do.
You are "all in" all right. Glad you like Legion, as I know you dig Star Wars.

I'm guessing the AT-ST and Occupier may work out in a grand army, though it might be tight points wise with 600 points per player per team, and each player taking armor. You would just have to round out the rest of the 600 points with a commander and some troops, as most winning conditions require trooper leaders to be adjacent to an objective token or terrain with an objective on it. Could always slow walk the troopers to keep them alive longer while the armor works on the enemy troopers. Then swoop in later with your troopers. Would have to see how that theory works.

Also, being a non competitive game, you can up it to 800 points per player too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 20th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Oh boy, I might have to look into this. I has a blast playing Skyrim and my daughters still play it on occasion. Love that it can play solo and co-op and it's big on the narrative.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/05/2...s-call-to-arms

Old May 20th, 2019, 01:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Talking Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Oh boy, I might have to look into this. I has a blast playing Skyrim and my daughters still play it on occasion. Love that it can play solo and co-op and it's big on the narrative.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/05/2...s-call-to-arms
Thats nuts that they are bringing skyrim to the table top. Thats hands down the number 1 game Ive wasted the most of my life playing of all video games getting 100% platinum achievements for it on both the PS3 and PS4 remastered version. Seeing how I havent got fallout to the table and only got legion to the table once Ill probably have to hold myself back. Im all but done with my 2 occupier tanks. They printed beautifully. I had to slice the tank in half to fit the chassis on my bed. I printed two front halves and two rear halves at once, super glueing the two halves together. I put all the guns and gun mounts for both tanks on one bed and am printing those now. The drivers and commanders came out beautifully along with the hatches. Ill be magnetizing the side gun mounts to be removable if they are destroyed and Im debating whether I want to magnetize the troopers yet. Im thinking more on the side of not. I also had to slice the file for the tank base in half so it would fit on my bed. Ill be printing both of those last. I like that there are files for the tank because there would be no way Id have 2 of them, and this allows me to shuck out the 50-100 bucks in their place on all the other trooper units. As otherwise Im not sure the tanks would be an option for quite some time. I never got in a solo game on my cool new board setup yet. Im excited for the tanks though. Im also going to print out the cards for sabine, rebase my oversized IA sabine model, paint her, and give her a go as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

well, I finished assembling and magnetizing both my occupier tanks along with priming the troopers in them white. I really happy with how they came out and am thinking about how I'm going to paint them. I also 3d printed 1 rebel landspeeder and a base for it. I'll print out a flight stand for it as well I think, but I'm going to change to clear filament for that. After assembling it, it looked so cool that I'm printing a second one. I'll probably magnetize the front gun and place 2 spots on the rear for the riding gunners. I"m not sure what I'll use for those yet along with the drivers. Looking really cool so far. I'm debating doing what you did for the base of the tanks @Hahma ., that or I'll just magnetize them. The magnets on these models are pretty cool.

Old May 21st, 2019, 08:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

It's cool that you can get those vehicles @TREX . I'm surprised there isn't some license issue for those types of things. I know there was a 3rd party company (probably just one guy ) selling stuff he printed, but once that unit actually became available through FFG, the guy had to stop selling that item.

Maybe it's different for those just printing for themselves, though I would figure someone would say something to Thingiverse or wherever about putting the exact files up of products for sale.

Keep up the good work. Look forward to hearing how your next game goes.

Old May 21st, 2019, 11:21 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
It's cool that you can get those vehicles @TREX . I'm surprised there isn't some license issue for those types of things. I know there was a 3rd party company (probably just one guy ) selling stuff he printed, but once that unit actually became available through FFG, the guy had to stop selling that item.

Maybe it's different for those just printing for themselves, though I would figure someone would say something to Thingiverse or wherever about putting the exact files up of products for sale.

Keep up the good work. Look forward to hearing how your next game goes.
I think the big thing is when people make them to sell. It cuts into sales that way. Also. I wouldnt think the 3d printed proxies would be allowed in competitive play, that goes for the custom printed cards too Id imagine. The majority of what I plan on picking up for legion will be bought. I wasnt sure If I was going to pick up a tank because for 50 bucks Id probably pick up 2 trooper units and a hero instead. Its also not super simple to just print it out and have it look awesome. Especially since I magnetized all the guns. Its definitely something to work at and I dont think it will have an ill effect on the game. I am super pumped to finally be able to put some heavy vehicles on the board. I still plan on buying at least 1 of every unit that is out as far as trooper units and heroes go.

Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

I look forward to seeing your vehicles once you get them all painted up.

Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Me too.
Old May 25th, 2019, 02:37 PM
"like" happy

I got legion to the table last night against my one brother. My list was:
Krennic
Commanding presence
Targeting scopes
Deathtroopers x3
All with their fire config and grenade config
All with overwatch
One with DT-F16
Two with dlt-19d troopers and recon intel
4x stormtroopers with
Dlt-19 trooper
Extra stormtrooper
Impact grenades

My command cards were
Ambush
Voracious ambition
Push
Deploy the garrison
Assault
Coordinated fire
Standing orders
My bros rebels
Han
Commanding presence
Hunter
Targeting scopes
Chewbacca
Hunter
Tenacity
Recon intel
4x rebel troopers
Extra trooper
Z6 trooper
Atrt
Rotary blaster
2x rebel fleet troopers
Both with an extra trooper and scatter gun trooper
1 of them with recon intel and frag grenades.

Command cards
Sorry about the mess
Sabotaged communications
Push
Reckless diversion
Change of plans
Assault
Standing orders

Setup was
Key positions
Hostile environment
Battle lines

Overall a pretty fun game. I lost at the end of round 6 to my brothers 1 victory point. Though If I had kept back to hold the other objective would have still lost in a tie because he killed more units.

Highlights were when I suppressed han solo with 5 suppression tokens before killing him. Knocking out all but one trooper in a squad with a single deathrooper attack.
Chewies massacre of stormtroopers
The Atrt acting as a turrent on top of a building

Stuff I learned from the game
Make sure to have your range 4 focus fire card face up if you want to use it first.
Rebel fleet troopers roll a scary amount of white dice. Deathtroopers are really cool for versatility.
Even with 2 core sets there just isnt enough freaking dice. That is my one complaint so far. Not enough dice in these game sets. I plan on getting 2 core sets of clone wars and then I might have enough dice to play. Unless I break down and buy a dice booster. Overall really fun and cant wait to play again.

Old May 26th, 2019, 04:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Sounds like you had fun @TREX .

There are always some new things to learn and different decisions that could have been made. Lots of tactical decisions to make.

I agree about the dice, as I may have to pick up some more. It's been doable so far but there are times when you need to roll 10 white dice and don't have them. So you just have to reroll some of the previous rolled dice. Though, I need to make my buddy Brian bust out his 2 dice sets from his 2 core sets since I'm the only one painting and doing terrain etc.

Old May 26th, 2019, 07:44 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Sounds like you had fun @TREX .

There are always some new things to learn and different decisions that could have been made. Lots of tactical decisions to make.

I agree about the dice, as I may have to pick up some more. It's been doable so far but there are times when you need to roll 10 white dice and don't have them. So you just have to reroll some of the previous rolled dice. Though, I need to make my buddy Brian bust out his 2 dice sets from his 2 core sets since I'm the only one painting and doing terrain etc.
I really like the simplicity of combat, yet there is so much depth you can have in army building and tactical decision making. Overall, I really like the possibilities that can be achieved with the game. I figured out that I really have 3d printed and crafted way too much terrain for this game. As I usually do, I have been carried away with it. I have enough terrain for probably 5 tables of legion at once, not counting any other terrain that could be used but isn't quite genre specific. I was able to finally organize it all and get it put away in my terrain closet, and display shelves. I had found a ton of cool legion vehicles and ships, speeders, etc on thingiverse, but until the other day I hadn't really been able to use my slicer software to be able to cut them down into chunks to be able to print them. This opened up some really fun possibilities. On top of the two Occupier tanks I printed with bases, I printed up two landspeeders, and 1 snow speeder. The snow speeder didnt come out perfect though. I'll have to manually fix the cockpit, because it printed funky. I also found a fun AT-RT file that said it was scaled for legion. I printed it at 125% and it will definitely work for 28mm figures. I printed one more at 175% and its looking to be right in scale with legion. I have some scale creeped wookiee models from WOTC, so I decided I may just have to chop one up and reposition, to mount onto that ATRT. That will be pretty cool looking. I also found a fun little AT PT model that is an enclosed walker in similar scale to the ATRT. I printed two of those and am thinking about making them a custom of sorts, or use them as AT RT's. They are pretty neat looking. Also found a cool file for mines, for the mine scenario.
Today I've been finishing up odds and ends in the shop and priming models with the beautiful sunshine that just came back out. Finished up my two houses for Walking Dead. They needed some inside stairs and a nice black wash. Also finishing up the last odds and ends of scatter terrain that wasn't finished for walking dead. I had already primed all my walking dead models. I'll be priming most of my other minis such as zombicide and massive darkness now. Next painting project will be speed painting walking dead before I buy any more Star Wars models.

Old May 28th, 2019, 03:52 AM
"like" happy

I just seen that the Star Wars Legion Core Set is on Amazon for 49.99. I went ahead and picked up two more sets. I figure it will be super fun to be able to play Imperial vs Imperial, or Rebel vs Rebel, or just have two massive armies with the extra core units and support units when playing Grand Army Rules. Not sure how long the deal will be going but figured I'd throw it on here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures