Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2007, 03:22 AM

jenadke has disabled reputation
I find the Einar Imperium to be maximally effective against Drake, with his 3 defense they can chew through him, he may only last one turn.

As far as the Deathwalker, I mean stay away from squads of 4 to minimize your chances of whiffing, or stay away from squads with 3 attack. Take out heroes instead. When I draft Deathwalkers I usually take Samurai as well to give him a front line. I've had good experiences with them, especially the 8000.

At any rate, Kiova does have 1 more attack and stealth flying, so she's definately worth it, but raelin isn't bad either.

I think the biggest reason people pick Kiova is that you can't really feel bad if you fail to defend on two separate rolls. If you get a second chance and still miss, it starts to feel like fate rather than bad luck. Basically a security blanket for your feelings.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
statistics matisitics...these guys blow for 140.

They should have come with a bullseye painted on thier bare chests, becasue each is 46.666666 points of please shoot me.

Kiova, Raelin, Marcus....bah! too much support to make them effective on a consistent basis.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:40 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
I wanna love these guys but I just can't! They just don't live long enough....
Raelin

------------------------

any ways, SIX ATTACKS PER TURN looks crazy

i can't wait to use them! i already got them set up (along with the archers) on the board with the first 3 turns worked out already.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
But then you have to use three order markers on two figures and while your moving the other your leaving the other unit(s) out in the open to be slaughtered.

Old July 9th, 2007, 01:01 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
But then you have to use three order markers on two figures and while your moving the other your leaving the other unit(s) out in the open to be slaughtered.

but I wait for you to come to me (The person i play with usually sends a huge figurine my way, I kil it, then advance a little bit and wait some more for the next wave of guy(s) to come.)
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:15 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Coolest sculps period. Awful unit. I have yet to see any of THE Emperium kill even one figure. I have tried them 3 times in 500 pt armies and have yet to get close enough for more than 1 attack. Joah tried to sneak one up on the castle top to capture the flag. Not one got even close.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:02 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarkypants
Coolest sculps period. Awful unit. I have yet to see any of THE Emperium kill even one figure. I have tried them 3 times in 500 pt armies and have yet to get close enough for more than 1 attack. Joah tried to sneak one up on the castle top to capture the flag. Not one got even close.
Try them agaisnt a zombie army, you'll see how awesome they can be. They will struggle against ranged armies, unless there is a lot of cover for you to hide behind or you can tie up the ranged units well. Try the imperium with some deathreavers and see how the army does

Or perhaps you jsut have abissmal luck
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:55 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Imperium x2 - 280
Raelin - 80
Kiova - 90
Marro Warriors - 50

Total = 500

This is the only 500 pt army I could come up with in which the Imperium might survive long enough to hurt something. Even still, it's a very slow moving army with hardly any range and you find yourself relying on defense dice - which any Deathwalker player knows doesn't work.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:44 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
How about:

Imperium x2
Deathreavers x3
KMA

Send in KMA do take down most or all ranged units your opponent has. Once they die, send in all three squads of Reavers to tie up ALL of your opponents units(most likely, with 12 rats you'll tie up practically all units) then send in the Imperium killing anything thats tied down while your opponent has to fight their way through the rats. Sounds fun, but I don't know if it'll be affective.

Old July 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
Quote:
Try them agaisnt a zombie army, you'll see how awesome they can be. They will struggle against ranged armies, unless there is a lot of cover for you to hide behind or you can tie up the ranged units well. Try the imperium with some deathreavers and see how the army does

Or perhaps you jsut have abissmal luck
There just sooooo sssslllloooooowwwwwww. How can anything fly that slowly? Helicopters hover faster then that....

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old July 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
There just sooooo sssslllloooooowwwwwww. How can anything fly that slowly? Helicopters hover faster then that....
coughSoldierscough
Old July 14th, 2007, 03:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
yeah, just use Kiova, Raelin, Marcus, three sets of rats, and the Krav Maga, play against a non range zombie army, then they work great.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units