Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old January 20th, 2020, 08:53 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

You guys ever put a cover on a book?
I have this vinyl material that looks a bit like lizard skin that I want to use as a cover on a three ring binder that has a plastic maybe vinyl cover on it currently.
Probably some kind of heavy cardboard inside.
How do I best secure the cover? A vinyl adhesive?
I think it may be too this to use tacks/pins of some sort but maybe not as the vinyl will add some thickness.
Old January 20th, 2020, 12:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Arrow Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I have never done that @Tornado . And I honestly don't know how to do it, or recommend how.

Sorry

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 20th, 2020, 01:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I have never done that @Tornado . And I honestly don't know how to do it, or recommend how.

Sorry
Book modification isnt my usual realm of crafting either. It really depends how you want it on there, what the material is made of or reacts to, and how you want the finished look. If I had to do something like that Id probably brush on a thick white pva glue like tacky glue. Sometimes superglues react poorly with the material giving bad results and something like hot glue or adhesive may leave it bubbled or lumpy in places. Im sure you can find something on youtube if your search parameters are close.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 20th, 2020, 01:47 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool, thanks. Thinking maybe an adhesive for vinyl floors.
Old January 20th, 2020, 04:08 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool, thanks. Thinking maybe an adhesive for vinyl floors.
Just make sure its smoothed out on your surface well. That stuff can make the cover lumpy if not smoothed out well enough. Maybe use a cheap 2 to 3 inch wide paintbrush to smooth it out.

Old January 20th, 2020, 08:59 PM

Right on. Good tip. Hmm, probably need some clamps as well. Making two so hopefully I get one right. . Thanks.
Old January 22nd, 2020, 12:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Saw this on the Legion Facebook page @TREX

Hey guyz, have you seen this?! (got it in the Discord France)

That's probably the next wave for SW Legion. May be release for May and after?! Not confirmed for now from FFG, but it seem's this information is coming from Asmodee. I hope so much. Enjoy.

SW Legion : Padmé Amidala FFSWL66

SW Legion : Cad Bane FFSWL67

SW Legion : Clan Wren FFSWL68

SW Legion : Inferno Squad FFSWL69

SW Legion : ARC Troopers FFSWL70

SW Legion : Republic AT-RT FFSWL71

SW Legion : BX-series Droid Commandos FFSWL72

SW Legion : STAP Riders FFSWL73

You can see my video in FR (YT subtitle eng) here:

Old January 22nd, 2020, 02:27 AM
"like" happy

I seen something about this, very cool if its for real. Not sure why Padme got in there in front of Anakin or Yoda, or practically every other Jedi there is but its all good. I just started really looking at my Clones and Droids faction cards more closely. The droids look really fun to play. I really love clone troopers but the droids look just as fun to play in my opinion. I'm finally attempting to assemble some of the droid models. OMG. I'll just say, they are not that fun to assemble. I'm through 2 of them so far but I think I'll get through it alright. I've decided to sell most if not all my Heroscape. I got the idea to start selling it to put a large chunk of savings back in my account after having to go to the doctor to get a bunch of tests, xrays, ekgs, and stuff done after having some health issues kick my butt over the last few weeks. I keep a decent amount put away because I pay taxes at the end of the year due to my self employment. I am just starting to sell it and think it will take care of that irritation very soon. Swapping Scape for new Legion units sounds like a fun trade off. I'll also be able to supplement my resin printer with more resin with hobby funds as well.

Old January 22nd, 2020, 07:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hope you're feeling better Trex.

I sold most of my Scape stuff in December. I kept the figures that I could use for Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadow Deep, as well as the evergreen trees, jungle trees and bushes and castle pieces. I could have gotten more if I had pieced it out , but I sold basically 6 master sets, 2 Swarm I'd Marrow and a ton if expansion figures to a guy that has been on this site on occasion and lives near Chicago. He's a teacher in a rough neighborhood and uses Heroscape for an after school club for the kids to have something to do. So I gave him a good deal. I've gamed with him a couple times and he's a good dude.

I put that money into savings to add to some money I'm putting away for a down payment on another car for my daughters when they need another one. Currently they are sharing my old 2002 Trailblazer that has 193k miles on it. They are juniors now and hopefully it will last until they go to college. But eventually we'll have to get them a reliable vehicle or 2 down the road.

Old January 22nd, 2020, 01:41 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Hope you're feeling better Trex.

I sold most of my Scape stuff in December. I kept the figures that I could use for Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadow Deep, as well as the evergreen trees, jungle trees and bushes and castle pieces. I could have gotten more if I had pieced it out , but I sold basically 6 master sets, 2 Swarm I'd Marrow and a ton if expansion figures to a guy that has been on this site on occasion and lives near Chicago. He's a teacher in a rough neighborhood and uses Heroscape for an after school club for the kids to have something to do. So I gave him a good deal. I've gamed with him a couple times and he's a good dude.

I put that money into savings to add to some money I'm putting away for a down payment on another car for my daughters when they need another one. Currently they are sharing my old 2002 Trailblazer that has 193k miles on it. They are juniors now and hopefully it will last until they go to college. But eventually we'll have to get them a reliable vehicle or 2 down the road.
Thanks Hahma. I get sick quite often and quite easily because my Ulcerative Colitis keeps my immune system low. This last time I was in for typical cold/flu stuff they gave me a long lasting asthma medicine to replace my other one just while I was sick and it gave me some severe chest pains. My deductibe on my insurance is pretty high so I pay cash for the stuff I mentioned above. The hospital near me gives a considerable discount when you pay up front. I may keep some of the Heroscape units, but for what its worth, I have so many other miniatures from other games to fill in for different beasts and such for frostgrave. Im thinking of keeping C3G and HoSS around for any Scape itch we might have. In reality though, legion does a great job scratching the itch for star wars related battles for me for the most part. Any scape that will be played will probably be gridless. As far as scape terrain goes, Ill probably sell all of it because I have plenty of tabletop terrain and will be able to make a few more pieces if I clear out the scape terrain. Im going to cut my collection down to solo/coop games, and a few VS games. I still have a few years before Ill be helping my daughter buy a car as she is only 8.

Old January 26th, 2020, 04:01 AM
"like" happy

@Hahma ,
Here's the List I just ran last night to achieve my first victory. I call it Veers firing Line

General Veers (80 + 0 = 80)

Stormtroopers (44 + 26 = 70)
--RT-97C Stormtrooper (26)

Stormtroopers (44 + 27 = 71)
--T-21 Stormtrooper (27)

--T-21 Stormtrooper (27)

--T-21 Stormtrooper (27)

--T-21 Stormtrooper (27)

Imperial Death Troopers (76 + 46 = 122)
--DLT-19D Trooper (34), Offensive Push (4), E-11D Focused Fire Config (8 )

Commands:
Maximum Firepower (1), Ambush (1), Push (2), Evasive Maneuvers (2), Imperial Discipline (3), Coordinated Fire (3), Standing Orders (4)

The last couple games we have found that using the skirmish rules and board setup with a standard 800pt army setup works super well. It allows for a great battle with plenty of activations per each side and all the units can get in the fray. a 3x3 board works well, but how mine is set up it can make a 3x4 board as well. My brother in Law Steve and my brother John have played enough games that they have got the swing of things. They have been using Tabletop admiral to put armies together and its been really fun. I printed the cards from above that aren't released yet and proxy the specialty troopers for the Stormtroopers, rebel troopers, and some of the extra upgrade cards. The new Stormtrooper add on units really help the stormtroopers do more things and help out against different threats.

Setup:
Elimination
Clear Conditions
Flanking Positions

Also, I got my other stuff taken care of and was able to pick up my 2nd core box of Clone Wars units and it actually came early. I got it yesterday and almost have it entirely put together and have most of the models primed for painting. That should be able to allow us to start putting together some limited lists of Republic and CIS forces. Its been a bit of fun for sure.

Old January 26th, 2020, 09:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

Great setup and congrats on the win @TREX . You certainly did have a lot of activations there

I finally started watching Star Wars Rebels so I can get an idea what Sabine is. Only have the first two episodes watched, but I really like it already.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures