Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 13th, 2019, 05:30 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Veguzza : I'm ambivalent on Swamp Strength vs Hide in Swamp. Both feel Durgeth to me. I also think the mini looks kind of frail for 6 Life, but I'm more willing to buy it as a Comfrey Plant tidbit. Mostly I don't like that Taunt can rocket a figure through some really weird scenarios. Taunted figures can jump over screens, traverse a ton of height instantly, go over water/lava, etc. Feels like it would play weird to me. I know there are restrictions, but when the theme is that the figure is running to get adjacent to Veguzza, it feels weird to imagine it running through those scenarios.
Agreed Taunt may have some odd interactions at times, but so do lot's of powers in the right situations. As written, the theme is pretty simple, clear and 95% of the time will be used without it causing any thematic issues. Sure, there may be a time the figure "runs across" lava to get to him, but maybe they jumped? I mean, it would just be too insane to try and make the power work more thematically accurate in every possible situation by adding additional text to account for it. In truth, this power is really no different than Barge into Battle and I tried to use that as a base for this power. In regards to theme the way BiB works, it's really no different than what Taunt could potentially do in weird situations i.e. have a Bugbear "run across" lava or over a screen to replace a gobby on the frontline.
This is one place I'd rather just go with "game not simulation" and not worry about the details.
It does strike me as more odd than BiB as that implies more of the jumping/throwing/moving on the Bugbear as the active figure (both moving itself and getting the other guy out of the way), and not on, for example, the active figure of a 4-move Obsidian Guard jumping through people or a 3-height Repulsor moving up/down a lot of height. Though it may be the "game not simulation" explanation way it rolls out, and it's not a hill I would die on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Big ugly troll like this doesn’t quite fit the 3 att imo. And then it makes him even more like the Feral Troll....which seems to be a concern for most (though not as much to me). I do think maybe trying a higher price point might be better as Bigga suggested...though that does then potentially force a change in powers to meet the higher price....that or up the base stats, but that doesn’t feel right to give more def. So we’ll see, I’ll think about it. I’m thinking I might just replace regenerate with “Thick Skin” which would basically just be some sort of defense power.

EDIT: Couple power ideas...

Thick Skin
Rujin rolls 2 additional attack die when defending against a normal [adjacent?] attack.

Territorial
Before moving, add 1 to Rujin’s move this turn for each opponent’s figure on a swamp water space [and swamp terrain?].

or an attack version

Territorial
Before rolling attack dice, add 2 to Rujin’s attack if the defending figure is on a Swamp Space.
I was looking at the mini earlier and a Thick Skin theme also came to mind -- I like the power you've got. Territorial is also a cool way to make him more map dependent too, I like the second/attack version. Not that he needs a third power but another thought I had while looking at the mini was with that big ugly mouth he could easily have a Life Drain-esque power that heals when he eats stuff.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 16th, 2019, 08:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I've been thinking a bit about Agrah Fenh the last few days. Here's the most recent version of the card for reference:

I think the biggest issue that the reviewers had was that the powers didn't work together very well, and it was especially easy for opponents to work around the move boost part.

I think any of of these three proposals make some steps in that direction, but I'd be curious in a bit of feedback from those who downvoted (@Scytale @BiggaBullfrog ).

Change Occult Zeal to one of the following:

If Agrah Fenh inflicts a wound on an opponents' figure with a normal attack or leaving engagement attack, you may place the Zeal marker on this card. At the end of each round, if Agrah Fenh is not engaged, you must remove the Zeal marker from this card. If the Zeal marker is on this card, all Cultists you control add 2 to their move.

OR

If Agrah Fenh inflicts a wound on an opponents' figure with a normal attack or leaving engagement attack, you may place a Zeal marker on this card. At the end of each round, if Agrah Fenh is not engaged, you must remove a Zeal marker from this card. A maximum of 3 Zeal markers may be placed on this card. If at least one Zeal marker is on this card, all Cultists you control add 2 to their move.

OR

If Agrah Fenh inflicts a wound on an opponents' figure with a normal attack or leaving engagement attack, you may place a Zeal marker on this card. At the end of each round, if Agrah Fenh is not engaged, you must remove a Zeal marker from this card. A maximum of 3 Zeal markers may be placed on this card. All Cultists you control add 1 to their move for each Zeal marker on this card.
Old December 16th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I think any of of these three proposals make some steps in that direction, but I'd be curious in a bit of feedback from those who downvoted (@Scytale @BiggaBullfrog ).
I don't think it solves the basic problem. The problem I found was that using Agrah was not fulfilling as either an attacker or cheerleader. The low defense and value of Fervor makes him quite sharky, but that is completely at odds with the nice boost he gives Cultists. So I would either be sad watching him die while my Cultists moved, never using Fervor, or I would be sad never using the movement boost while he went down swinging. The design didn't balance those two aspects, and not in a way I found appealing.

These suggested powers have the same problem. In theory they're workable when picking off stragglers, but that's tricky and easily disrupted by an opponent. It just won't happen much.

If you want something that does work, you have to reconcile the sharkiness and the cheerleading, or drop one or the other. Without Fervor I probably would have been fine with him before, or possibly without Occult Zeal. Mixing is tricky, but possible, for example if he gave a bonus after he died instead.
Old December 16th, 2019, 09:54 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Just thought I'd get some thoughts on these savages.

Trying to work a synergy that boosts and compliments them and the ravagers. Aside from powers they may be too similar which could seem boring. I've tinkered with less life points and with less defense but they can drop pretty fast at 3 life or at 1 defense when failing the d20 roll. I've also contemplated changing the power level of the poison sting as it almost matches Sujoah and higher d20 rolls may be warranted for such a discount cost. Making the d20 roll 15 or higher to do a wound and still 20 for destroying. Truthfully poison rarely seems that effective. Would like thoughts either way.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 16th, 2019, 10:04 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like them. Yul-Q'ulya is pretty straightforward. Not especially great or anything, as the Durgeth aren't particularly weak to heroes with their solid attack, but a poison attack isn't a bad addition. Not sure if attack 3 on it is good enough, though, as that amount isn't all that likely to go through.

Ul'Kyrth has some wording problems (Army Cards cannot be in clear sight), but I know what you mean. I don't know why you're bothering with an aura though (which is something I hate for 20 boosts because of potential problems). Supremacy would be perfectly fine. If you do have an aura, especially one that small, I would recommend +2 to make up for the effort of setting it up.
Old December 17th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Re: Agrah Fenh -- I agree with Scytale. I think the new versions of the power make it a little bit easier to utilize him, but it's still going to be easy to abuse them when playing against him. There will rarely be more than 1 OM on him if you want to utilize the Cultist movement, so all you have to do is keep him from being able to attack, or at least keep him from being able to attack a weaker target, in order to effectively waste that movement potential.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 4th, 2020, 04:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thinking about trying to test this guy up for an SoV submission with 3 defense and a 3-space range on Death Gaze. Thoughts? I liked the Shadowcreep a tiny bit more than this guy, but I think this one has some more differentiation from the existing thralls.
Old January 4th, 2020, 06:41 PM

Not sure how I feel about the Graveshroud. I love the mini as a Thrall and the Death Gaze is cool as a broad concept. But dang, on the one hand it's scary powerful and on the other hand it's a forced self-destruct. I fear it's not fun to play with or against; as an opponent there's no mitigation, and as its player it's guaranteed to self-destruct, almost immediately, and possibly without doing anything. On the one hand I feel like it would be much more interesting as a choice whether or not to use it, but on the other hand it would likely never get used then.
Old January 6th, 2020, 11:14 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

The suicide bomber style mashes me feel like the move should be bumped to 6. You really want to make sure you can get these guys into the right spot. They would be crazy good against expensive squads, and common heros.
Old January 6th, 2020, 01:13 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd get rid of the autodestroy and halve the defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 6th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, Death Gaze as is may get used against some armies but not at all against others, the stats are worthwhile enough without it but still I'm not sure I'd use it over other Thralls. Seems like this would be the cheapest possible insta-kill option in the game though most of the time it won't be worth using. Could be overpowered against pricey squads and heroes as Leaf it says given you can bring it back without much difficulty.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 11th, 2020, 07:41 AM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

I'm looking for some feedback on this little guy.

The first version was able to roll for Leaving engagement strikes each time he leaves an engagement and had only 5 move. I wanted him to be faster so he can keep up with the Grok Riders but with the old ability i think it wouldve been to strong, because he could do up to 4 wounds in one turn on the same figure. This way he is limited to one attack per figure per movement.

With his second ability he is supposed to make Grok Riders not getting stuck with pesky rats or any other screening unit. this making it possible to attack the actual unit they want to smash with 5 attack dice. His defense helps him to survive a while in combat and is tanky enough to let the groks get some attacks in.

The bonding with the Romans i dont see as problematic, since they dont benedit from his second ability and can't make use of his whole potential.

I'm a bit worried about availability for this mini. When i looked it up yesterday i found the following:
eBay:17
miniatures market: 10
trollandtoad:12
coolstuffinc.: 0
paizo: 0
total: 39
It's on the lower side, but i still have hope because i heard that alot of scapers already got the mini, and maybe the judge could do a poll to see how many actually need him still.

The miniature used is: #48 Cerebrilith - D&D Night Below

Fun Fact: "Lösen von Bindungen" (BIN-DUNG-EN) is the german translation for "leaving an Engagement"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards