Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old June 21st, 2018, 09:53 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Oh Ollie, always a charmer.

Battleball is a pretty fun game. I don't love it by any means, but it has remained in my collection for a number of years ever since I won a copy at a Heroscape tournament. The minis are the same scale and as others have said, definitely fit in with the scheme. I have no idea about high volume availability, but I will second the BGG Marketplace as a good place to do business.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 22nd, 2018, 07:28 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
- the best post on this entire site.
Pretty awesome but this is the best post onsite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I've played 1v1v1 quite a bit, and, even though I don't remember having ever read that SotM clause, I've always played clockwise starting with the person who rolled the highest initiative. It's so much easier to keep track of who's turn it is that it's worth the minor strategic loss.
Keeping track is the only real downside. That's why we made little squares of paper with the numbers 1-8 on them and then hand them out after rolling for initiative. It's really easy to keep track of if you do that.
Last time we did 1v1v1v1 (quite a while ago, with four people I'd much rather play 2v2) we had four hats of varying sizes and highest roll got the biggest hat (sombrero) down to the last person with the smallest hat (baseball cap) via the second (stetson) and third (fez).

It seemed like a good idea at the time ( ) and worked just fine.
You had a system based on hat-size, and did not employ a top hat?

Shame, sir, shame....

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 22nd, 2018, 07:30 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

For what it's worth, I just took the liberty of counting every complete set of "Battle Ball Game" I could find on ebay for less than 39.99 (or 49.99 with shipping. Keep in mind that the majority were in the range of 25.99 with shipping) And I came to a grand total of 65 sets, and a lot more incomplete sets. I didn't count, but there's tons of incomplete sets on there.

The Red robot looking figures could be used to expand Valkrill's Soulborgs, as there's only the one squad right now. The Blue would Fit with Vydar, but I'd be happy to see them added to any general's army as a new line of Soulborgs. The biggest issue I see with using the figures, is that you'd have to use most of the entire box, or it wouldn't be worth it to buy it for just a single squad, or hero.

Regardless, I'm glad this was brought up, because I didn't know about the game prior.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 07:36 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
For what it's worth, I just took the liberty of counting every complete set of "Battle Ball Game" I could find on ebay for less than 39.99 (or 49.99 with shipping. Keep in mind that the majority were in the range of 25.99 with shipping) And I came to a grand total of 65 sets, and a lot more incomplete sets. I didn't count, but there's tons of incomplete sets on there.

The Red robot looking figures could be used to expand Valkrill's Soulborgs, as there's only the one squad right now. The Blue would Fit with Vydar, but I'd be happy to see them added to any general's army as a new line of Soulborgs. The biggest issue I see with using the figures, is that you'd have to use most of the entire box, or it wouldn't be worth it to buy it for just a single squad, or hero.

Regardless, I'm glad this was brought up, because I didn't know about the game prior.
Sounds like a decent enough number to make a full set of Unique figures, like they did/are doing with Blood of Gruumsh.
Given the number of human faces you see, I don't think all of them would work as soulborgs - many, but not all. Humans or Mariedians in power armour, on the other hand...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 22nd, 2018, 07:51 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

Sounds like a decent enough number to make a full set of Unique figures, like they did/are doing with Blood of Gruumsh.
Given the number of human faces you see, I don't think all of them would work as soulborgs - many, but not all. Humans or Mariedians in power armour, on the other hand...
Mariedians in power armor or something would be pretty cool. For Soulborgs, they could just be made to look like humans, and infiltrate the resistance. Regardless, I want to see more from the Soulborg prison world of Isadora that Warden 816 is from. He has a face that looks non-robotic so it could easily work.

As for quantity, there's a few (around 10 or so) on Boardgamegeek market, and Noble Knight Games has 7 in stock.

There's probably some other online stores that still have a few, and judging by the number on Ebay, there's likely more people who would sell their own copy if they saw the opportunity.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 09:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I think if we finished what is in the pipeline, we then could created a whole wave using just Magic: AotP figures (which has mostly fantasy units) and Battleball (which is mostly futuristic) and it would be a complete set of Craig Van Ness and Stephen Baker designed figures. And my opinion is to make some common squads/heroes and some unique squads and heroes from each, as many people (including myself) already have sets of both games, and at or less than $1 per figure they are both cheaper than any pre-painted figure anywhere besides common Heroclix, not to mention it is way easier for most people to get than having to scour tons of sites to get single figures.

Am I the only one who wants to see a race of Cylons in Heroscape (or Cyborgs if you are not a BSG fan) as Battleball figs would be great for that - someone can create a story that says the Mariedians infiltrated Soulborgs or vice-versa, and yes use Isadora as a planet for some.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 01:20 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

I'd think an AotP wave would be a bit redundant though, considering you can almost literally play the cards as is, and you can just translate the numbers and most of the wording to a Heroscape card layout and play them, they're practically already official units.

Old June 22nd, 2018, 01:53 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Haha, you're the man, Leaf_It! Is 65 sets (plus the ones found later on Board Game Geek and Noble Knight Games) enough for the C3V to consider using it?

After all, there have been grumblings from some people lately over there being too many classic fantasy figures coming out of the customs community..!

Last edited by The Dewk; July 3rd, 2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 02:03 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I would highly approve of an Arena of the Planeswalkers wave. With essentially 2.5 master sets to work with, there are a lot of figures to use, and there are plenty of non-painted ones that can still be used (as the recent illusions that showed up in the Pre-SoV Workshop demonstrate). Even beyond fire elementals, the figures have a lot of potential here and are perfect fits.

I also have little interest in completely mixing the two games as-is (I'm not a big fan of the spell deck, for example) and think that there's plenty of potential for engaging designs to come from those sets. I'd love to see Chandra Nalaar be repurposed to be able to place lava tiles like Mika Connour can with shadow tiles, for instance.

It's also worth noting that the sets would come with some new terrain that is perfectly compatible with HeroScape, which is the only opportunity that I can think of to introduce some new features. Even if the sandstone tiles are only aesthetic, I'm sure that something can be done with those fancy towers from Shadows Over Innistrad.

Leaning more into a hopeful speculation (I know that this isn't really something that C3V does), the Magic sets seem like the perfect chance to create a "master set" along the lines of what C3G has put out on occasion. I'd love to see or playtest some new scenarios using those figures and terrain additions, and it would be a very accessible way to get more people into classic HeroScape.

EDIT: Back on the topic of BattleBall, if we were wanting to get some of our own designs for those figures into the canon, would now be the time to start doubling down on that?

Last edited by Astroking112; June 22nd, 2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 04:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
the Magic sets seem like the perfect chance to create a "master set"
All-Unique Master Set like RotV. Sounds awesome.

As for Battleball... no, but only because I sold my copy a long time ago. (I'd gladly pick up another one if they showed up as HS designs, though!)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 25th, 2018, 03:06 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Quick proof of concept, figures are completely compatible with Heroscape bases. Their rectangle pegs work already with rectangle hole bases, and if you trim the pegs down to squares, they work with the circle peg bases. Tada. And they fit right in with the stickers removed (could even make new custom stickers with Vydar logos etc). Theyre too perfect NOT to use, particularly the "squads" that don't have human faces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_6838.jpeg (140.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpeg FullSizeRender.jpeg (129.4 KB, 6 views)

Old June 26th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sweet. Cool pics.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs