Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Oklahoma NHSD Heroscape - 10/20/12 - Maps and Prizes add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Capsocrates, this was so much fun. My boys and I still talk about it and how much we would like to do it again. I was a little amazed that they had so much fun because my younger son went 0-5 while my older son went 1-4 (with his only win against his younger brother--with a major rule misinterpretation in the winner's favor). I went 2-3 as did my brother in law.
One of my more memorable moments was going up against a kid's Omnicron army with my Zelrig and Protectors of Ullar army... Zelrig had soulborg flambe', let me tell you! 7 Repulsors in one breath--talk about a crowning moment!
I believe wolfeman played my boys 3 times: Ian once and AJ twice. AJ was excited in the first round or so of his rematch with wolfeman because he was definitely doing better than the first time around. The tide turned as often happens in-game though...
It was a lot of fun! I am still hoping to post some battle reports from my games. I enjoyed them all.

My only complaint was that I did not get to play with everyone that came--maybe we should consider a Multiplayer format for the next event.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:26 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Sorry I still haven't created a thread for discussion of the next event. I will soon, but in the meantime, here is a survey to begin planning when to schedule the next event. Please fill out this survey by December 28th. It should only take about 5 minutes.

Here is the link to the survey. Anyone in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, or any of the other surrounding states is welcome to fill it out. If you are outside the state of Oklahoma, please list your home-state in the Comments box.

--
--
--

--
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM

I just wanted to bump this one more time. Please fill out this survey if you would like to attend the next event in January or February. I might send out the next survey tomorrow, or I might send it out next week. Please fill out this survey whenever you see this message.

So far its looking like our next event will be on January 19th. Please see this thread to discuss other details and scheduling.

--
--
--

--
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:22 PM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

Sorry I dropped the ball on the October date. Keep me abreast of future developments.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdhoc View Post
Sorry I dropped the ball on the October date. Keep me abreast of future developments.
See the post above? That link is for future developments.

--
--
--

--
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:07 PM

I'm looking to finalize the format, decide on a time, and see who can bring extra maps. Please fill out this form here and/or post in the thread to let me know you're coming. Thanks!

The event will be held upstairs at Heritage Church in Shawnee, OK.
The address is
2100 N Bryan Rd Shawnee,OK 74804

--
--
--

--
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:11 AM

The form is still open, but it is Wednesday, so I am going to post what I can tell based on the results so far.

Which is to say, not much. But it looks like C3V/SoV will be allowed and we will start at 2pm. Interestingly, 1v1 and 2v2 are exactly tied. The army-build values will almost definitely fall between 500 and 550. If you're curious, right now the most likely value is 530 (based on my method of weighting each persons input to be the same and averaging them together).

With the terrain I have available plus the terrain others are bringing, we should be able to make up to as many as eight or more maps, which is way more than we'll need since it doesn't look like attendance will be super-high.

Speaking of attendance, this is what I'm looking at right now based on the form and external knowledge:
1. capsocrates
2. Alan B.
2. Charles Q.
4. Tony Q.
3. capsocrates' brother-in-law
4. Tucker O.
5. Logan M.
6. wbdhoc
7. wbdhoc's friend
8. Matt C.
9. Tanner C.
10. ?? Josiah C.??

wbdhoc, will you be able to make it at 2PM? If you're bringing maps you'll probably need to show up at 1PMish to set them up.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; January 17th, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:48 AM

Yeah I will be there and square with terrain at 100pm: I'll likely have a guest player in tow. I hope that won't muck up the spread. Also, did we decide on one or two armies?

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdhoc View Post
Yeah I will be there and square with terrain at 100pm: I'll likely have a guest player in tow. I hope that won't muck up the spread. Also, did we decide on one or two armies?
The guest player will be no problem. If we have an odd number of players then someone will always be sitting out, but that's not the end of the world.

The starting time could still shift, technically, but I think its unlikely to change at this point.

It will definitely be two armies, but I'm not sure on the exact point value yet. I'll finalize everything by Thursday night or Friday morning so people can prepare.

--
--
--

--
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM

The votes fell towards 2v2 by 5-4 as opposed to 1v1. Since there was a pretty healthy mix of votes and 4-player maps are terrain intensive, I'm planning to provide one or two 2v2 maps and a few more 1v1 maps. It shouldn't be hard to work this into a rolling rumble--the top two players will duke it out on a 1v1 map while the next four players will duke it out on a 2v2, then the remaining players can play on another 2v2 map or a 1v1 map.

Based on the votes for army point totals, I weighted the votes (so that those who selected only one value would count as much as people who voted for two or even three values) and averaged them to arrive at 530 points.

--
--
--

--
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The votes fell towards 2v2 by 5-4 as opposed to 1v1. Since there was a pretty healthy mix of votes and 4-player maps are terrain intensive, I'm planning to provide one or two 2v2 maps and a few more 1v1 maps. It shouldn't be hard to work this into a rolling rumble--the top two players will duke it out on a 1v1 map while the next four players will duke it out on a 2v2, then the remaining players can play on another 2v2 map or a 1v1 map.

Based on the votes for army point totals, I weighted the votes (so that those who selected only one value would count as much as people who voted for two or even three values) and averaged them to arrive at 530 points.
Also pretty important: C3V/SoV figures will be allowed.

EDIT: And Marvel will not be allowed.

2nd EDIT: The location was listed in the second survey, but here's the address for anyone who didn't see it there:
2100 N Bryan Rd
Shawnee,OK 74804
The event will be inside, to the left, back, and left up the stairwell again.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; January 18th, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:05 PM

I'll bring two 1v1 maps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events